Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cam Speaks

Re: Cam Speaks

Just because Cam was let go, it doesn't change his friendship and love for the people and the organization he's been with for 5 years.... or their friendship and love for him. While his play calling was not working out this year, it had it's good moments and bad moments over the past 5 seasons. Where would Joe be today without him? Better... worse? We'll never know. In an odd way, the offensive struggle over the years and what these players and coaches have learned through the struggle and constantly trying what didn't work, has taught them what does work.

Thanks Cam! I hope you get a ring.

Blog Entries

Exactly right. CAM was the one who got Joe started. DeCosta told us at Nest 1 that neither he or Oz ever heard of Flacco until
    their East Coast scout called Eric and said you gotta see this guy at Delaware. He's the real deal. Eric said I never even been
    to Delaware and didn't know anyone in the state much less a QB. It was so hard for me to go to that campus and give him a
    high grade.

So ERic waited for Joe to come down here to play Towson State. He went to the pre-game practice and saw this giant
    walk on the field, pick up a fooball and throw it 40 yards and laid it on a dime and he said, damn, I gotta see this guy. Then
    he took all his scouts to see JOe come back in the last 2 mins to beat Navy- sound familiar like in Denver - huh?????
    Every scout turned in an A for Joe and then went to work on him.

HARBs was hired and he brought in CAM. Eric said here's CAM looking for a new house to move his family and I asked him
    to work Joe out at Delaware. It was just Cam and me plus the scout and Joe and his coach and dad. CAM loved him and
    said to draft him. CAM was also impressed how Joe quickly changed some basic mechanics when he asked him to. CAM
    was on the Flacco bandwagon.

Eric told us Im not sure we would have drafted Matt Ryan even if he was there because of all the work my dept did on
    Flacco. Everyone liked Ryan but I liked Joe and Joe goes to the Super Bowl first and with all those great receivers Ryan
    had down there. We're in the SB cause Joe was/is the hottest QB in the POs.

CAM also said that day in Delaware that I'm the only one who talks to JOe. He didn't want 50 coaches giving him mixed
    signals. So they bring Zorn in and there's a conflict but maybe that's why. CAM didn't want too many people confusing him.
    Joe seemed to dislike CAM for some reason over the years but CAM got him started and Caldwell finished the Flacco
    package. Caldwell said Manning is still doing the same drills I taught him 10 years ago. Now Flacco is too.

CAM is a big part of Joe's success and deserves a ring and another OC job and he'll get it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    He held us back for the last few years. Without him we would've probably been in a few super bowls already.
    You think it was his fault they lost those two AFCCs but no credit for getting there? Ok

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

And one last thing. Casserly was on TV talking about Flacco about a month before the POs. He's the
    former GM of the Skins who gave Joe Gibbs all that SB talent during the 90s and was the first GM
    of the Houston franchise and set them up from the beginning.

He said Joe is doing so well this year because he is finally reading the defenses as soon as he walks
    up to the line. He is checking down when he has to and going to his secondary receiver.

They always say it takes time to train an NFL QB and JOe finally did it all right this year and so did
    Ryan who just missed the SB coming in at the same time as Joe.

Really? Out of which orifice?

Another article in the N.Y. Times.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/24/sp...nds.html?_r=1&

Some in the punditry business have cited Cameron’s firing as a catalyst for the team’s success. If you think this annoys him, think again.

“It was a brilliant move,” Cameron said Wednesday at his home outside Baltimore. “Everyone on the team took a look in the mirror after that.”

Blog Entries

If he comes out ad trashes us in that story he doesnt get a ring, but because he is amicable (perhaps overly so for a suposed egomaniac) then he will get one.

I believe that if he wouldn't have been here last season in AFCC then we would have been so far ahead that evans and cundiff f-ups wouldn't have mattered.

Quote Originally Posted by Baltimoreboy View Post
    Ok. This hit a nerve for me.
    I have had a number of rants about Cam over the years and was really glad when he was let go.
    I do not wish him bad times, but I think his statement kind of sums it up for me.
    Maybe I'm too sensitive about it, especially seeing how well the Ravens and Joe are doing now.

But, it appears, that Cam thinks the players are playing better because they think if he was canned, they could be too, so they better perform better???? Is that what he is saying????
    And that is why they are doing better and winning and NOT because he is not there calling the same plays from the 60's that don't work, over and over again???
    That him being fired caused them to "execute" better now? Am I the only one thinking that?

Blog Entries

Don't speak. I know just what you're thinking. Don't tell me cuz it hurts!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    He said Joe is doing so well this year because he is finally reading the defenses as soon as he walks
    up to the line. He is checking down when he has to and going to his secondary receiver.
    He's had more time at the line since Caldwell took over the playcalling.

Cam's a class guy, and he shows it here. I think he earned a ring, too.

I am among those who thought he was the biggest problem on the offensive side of the ball the last couple of years, but that doesn't mean he was a big contributor to the team's success this year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens44 View Post
    Ok. This hit a nerve for me.
    I have had a number of rants about Cam over the years and was really glad when he was let go.
    I do not wish him bad times, but I think his statement kind of sums it up for me.
    Maybe I'm too sensitive about it, especially seeing how well the Ravens and Joe are doing now.

But, it appears, that Cam thinks the players are playing better because they think if he was canned, they could be too, so they better perform better???? Is that what he is saying????
    And that is why they are doing better and winning and NOT because he is not there calling the same plays from the 60's that don't work, over and over again???
    That him being fired caused them to "execute" better now? Am I the only one thinking that?
    No you're not the only one.

So now not only is the guy incapable of or completely opposed to in game adjustments. But he is totally unable to believe that anyone could do a better job than him.

What an egomaniac. If the team wants to give him a ring, I don't care, it's not my team so I have no say. But if I did have a say, I'd say fuck you and thanks for helping screw the pooch the past couple years. Dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens44 View Post
    “We were inconsistent,” Cameron said, “and if I’m in charge, I’m saying: ‘Why are we inconsistent? We need to get the team’s attention.’ ”

As center Matt Birk put it, “It’s not like we changed everything we were doing.”

That's what I'm getting too. What's nicely hidden in Birk's statement is that, while they didn't change everything, they changed the things that needed changing. But if Cam has to think that way in order to avoid being depressed, it's fine with me.