Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cam Speaks

Blog Entries

Re: Cam Speaks

If he comes out ad trashes us in that story he doesnt get a ring, but because he is amicable (perhaps overly so for a suposed egomaniac) then he will get one.

I believe that if he wouldn't have been here last season in AFCC then we would have been so far ahead that evans and cundiff f-ups wouldn't have mattered.

Quote Originally Posted by Baltimoreboy View Post
    Ok. This hit a nerve for me.
    I have had a number of rants about Cam over the years and was really glad when he was let go.
    I do not wish him bad times, but I think his statement kind of sums it up for me.
    Maybe I'm too sensitive about it, especially seeing how well the Ravens and Joe are doing now.

But, it appears, that Cam thinks the players are playing better because they think if he was canned, they could be too, so they better perform better???? Is that what he is saying????
    And that is why they are doing better and winning and NOT because he is not there calling the same plays from the 60's that don't work, over and over again???
    That him being fired caused them to "execute" better now? Am I the only one thinking that?

Blog Entries

Don't speak. I know just what you're thinking. Don't tell me cuz it hurts!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    He said Joe is doing so well this year because he is finally reading the defenses as soon as he walks
    up to the line. He is checking down when he has to and going to his secondary receiver.
    He's had more time at the line since Caldwell took over the playcalling.

Cam's a class guy, and he shows it here. I think he earned a ring, too.

I am among those who thought he was the biggest problem on the offensive side of the ball the last couple of years, but that doesn't mean he was a big contributor to the team's success this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens44 View Post
    Ok. This hit a nerve for me.
    I have had a number of rants about Cam over the years and was really glad when he was let go.
    I do not wish him bad times, but I think his statement kind of sums it up for me.
    Maybe I'm too sensitive about it, especially seeing how well the Ravens and Joe are doing now.

But, it appears, that Cam thinks the players are playing better because they think if he was canned, they could be too, so they better perform better???? Is that what he is saying????
    And that is why they are doing better and winning and NOT because he is not there calling the same plays from the 60's that don't work, over and over again???
    That him being fired caused them to "execute" better now? Am I the only one thinking that?
    No you're not the only one.

So now not only is the guy incapable of or completely opposed to in game adjustments. But he is totally unable to believe that anyone could do a better job than him.

What an egomaniac. If the team wants to give him a ring, I don't care, it's not my team so I have no say. But if I did have a say, I'd say fuck you and thanks for helping screw the pooch the past couple years. Dick.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens44 View Post
    “We were inconsistent,” Cameron said, “and if I’m in charge, I’m saying: ‘Why are we inconsistent? We need to get the team’s attention.’ ”

As center Matt Birk put it, “It’s not like we changed everything we were doing.”

That's what I'm getting too. What's nicely hidden in Birk's statement is that, while they didn't change everything, they changed the things that needed changing. But if Cam has to think that way in order to avoid being depressed, it's fine with me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    “We were inconsistent,” Cameron said, “and if I’m in charge, I’m saying: ‘Why are we inconsistent? We need to get the team’s attention.’ ”

As center Matt Birk put it, “It’s not like we changed everything we were doing.”

That's what I'm getting too. What's nicely hidden in Birk's statement is that, while they didn't change everything, they changed the things that needed changing. But if Cam has to think that way in order to avoid being depressed, it's fine with me.
    I don't buy into the whole "we didn't change anything after Cam". I've seem them run plays they've never ran before. IE, the first TD pass to Torrey Smith against Denver was a Colts play. Torrey ran straight up the seam while they had double crossing routes underneath which the free safety bit on leaving Torrey 1 on 1. They ran it again last week against the Pats, but the deep ball was really sailing on Flacco in the wind and the safety stayed with Torrey.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I don't buy into the whole "we didn't change anything after Cam".
    But that's not what Birk said.

Blog Entries

Of course the players will always give you the PC company line at press conferences. They aren't going to give away any info.

Blog Entries

Birk said they didn't change "everything," not that they didn't change "anything."

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    Birk said they didn't change "everything," not that they didn't change "anything."
    Tomato, Tomahto...

The point Paintball guy was making is the same.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    No you're not the only one.

So now not only is the guy incapable of or completely opposed to in game adjustments. But he is totally unable to believe that anyone could do a better job than him.

What an egomaniac. If the team wants to give him a ring, I don't care, it's not my team so I have no say. But if I did have a say, I'd say fuck you and thanks for helping screw the pooch the past couple years. Dick.
    All coaches are egomaniacs to an extent. If you don't think your system or ideas are the best, you would do something else. So by definition, you believe you are doing the best thing that could possibly be done.

I don't know any coach who would say "yeah, I suck at play calling. I know nothing about football. I was holding this team back. I'm amazed they kept me on as long as they did."

Cam did enough last year to get us to the Super Bowl. Lee Evans didn't.

Blog Entries

Somebody said that Cam Cameron is still being paid until the end of the year, and that he makes the same incentives that everybody else does for advancing in the playoffs and making the SB.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    You think it was his fault they lost those two AFCCs but no credit for getting there? Ok
    If it weren't for our defense we wouldn't have sniffed the playoffs while he was here. In fact, if he wasn't fired during the season, I doubt we'd be where we are now.

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    Somebody said that Cam Cameron is still being paid until the end of the year, and that he makes the same incentives that everybody else does for advancing in the playoffs and making the SB.
    I'd be stunned if this were not the case. He must still be under contract.

Either way , I think he is good man and sincerely happy or the Ravens. All this "he is playing nice or a ring" is ridiculous in my humble opinion.