Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

If we win, we should sky-write a message over Pittsburgh

I remember when a bunch of Chiefs fans got together and wrote a message in the sky to fire Pioli. I thought it was a good case of fans coming together.

I would be very much in favor of sky-writing something over Pittsburgh should we win the Super Bowl. I think any good rivalry should be kept alive even in the offseason. I think if a few of us can pitch in, it should be doable.

I'm not sure what the message should be quite yet. Nothing profane, obviously, but something to irritate them. Something like "CONGRATULATIONS BALTIMORE RAVENS - WORLD CHAMPIONS"

Anybody into this idea?

Re: If we win, we should sky-write a message over Pittsburgh

Pittsburgh will be the last thing on my mind if we win.

Steelers will hear about it when the announcers talk about the reigning SB winners. They will hear it all season long. Film will be played and the MVP of the SB will get plenty of coverage. Hell, woodley will probably be interviewed on his thoughts, since he spoke about Flacco never going to a SB. I'm sure he will have something note worthy to say.

It's douchey when they do it so why should we be douchey in return?

Blog Entries

They would return the favor next time they win and everyone here would go
    nuts.

We know they're suffering. That's good enough for me.

I think a better taunt would be reminding them how awwwwwwwwwful their salary cap is for 2013.

I was looking last night and the Steelers have roughly $93 million (76%) of the projected $122 million cap tied up in 9 players....Roethlisberger ($20 million towards the cap alone), Timmons, Woodley, Harrison, Polamalu, Clark, Taylor, Keisel, and Colon. That leaves them $29 million to have to spread over the remaining 42 players under the rule of 51. That's about $690k per player and doesn't even factor in the salaries for their starting-to-get-pricey players still under their rookie contracts (Hood, Heyward, Pouncey, and DeCastro).

In fact, the nine players listed above have 2013 cap #s that are roughly $32-35 million HIGHER than their cap #s in 2012, when they were very tight against the cap.

If we are lamenting having to potentially swallow $1.53 million in dead money or pay $7.5 million on Anquan Boldin, imagine how bitter a pill having to pay Willie Colon $7.7 million with $6.35 million left in dead money would taste?

All of the overpaid players above have so much dead money hanging over their current contracts that cutting them would be virtually impossible. Their best bet is to restructure like heck and hope that the cap goes up dramatically in 2014 (which the Ravens also have to be gambling on as well). The problem is that you have all these aging, declining players and you are pretty much pigeonholed into bringing them back because of these stupid contracts they've been given. Signing younger veterans to replace them isn't possible because of the amount of these awful contracts.

Blog Entries

Act like you've been there before.

That's one of those karma things that come back to haunt you later.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Bingo

You guys are too classy.

Let the hate flow through you...

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post

That's one of those karma things that come back to haunt you later.
    This is exactly right.

One of the biggest Raven moments ever, Jacoby Jones running into the endzone with that epic 70 yarder in Denver, ended, not with him doing that dance...but instead, thanking god.
    This team has come together over things much more than just football.
    And they act like it. They are leading by example and we should pay attention.
    Something extraordinary has played out infront of our eyes and we all need to take notice and realize we are the lucky ones.

Gloating is unbecoming. I'm just enjoying the ride with my fellow Ravens fans.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    You guys are too classy.

Let the hate flow through you...
    Don't make me go JJ Watt on you and wag my finger in disapproval. :p