Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thur Night Opener - Who do you want to play?

Of course I'm getting ahead of myself, but I'm confident we'll win a hard fought battle..

So which opponent would you like to see in the Thursday Night NFL Opener at "The Bank"?

Steelers
    Bengals
    Patriots
    Packers
    Vikings
    Jets
    Browns
    Texans

I think we open with Patriots

Re: Thur Night Opener - Who do you want to play?

LOL....one (BIG) game at a time....

Pissburgh

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    LOL....one (BIG) game at a time....
    C'mon man.. dream a little.. Inner Harbor would be rocking big time. Maybe a Thursday pennant race chasing Orioles game in the afternoon. Followed by the NFL kickoff party/concert.

Then a little Aaron Rodgers for dessert.

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    Pissburgh
    NO!! I hate the early season games with them...like them much better in the second half of the season.

I'd like to see the Packers.

But the league is going to get the most bang for their buck via higher ratings so I know it WON'T be the Vikings or the Browns.

Blog Entries

It will be all about the ratings so I'd bet it will be Pitt, Packers, Pats or maybe Bengals

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Let's win on February 3 first. Something tells me we aren't getting that early September game anyway. The Niners are a challenge and we may not even get to hoist the Lombardi in NOLA -- at which point that early September party will be in San Francisco. And even if we do win, do you remember what happened the last time we won the SB? I think we were made to be the only SB Champion not to open the next season on MNF (which had been the tradition back then.)

Blog Entries

Id like to focus on the game at hand...

but usually it seems its a rematch of the conference championship. Id assume its Patriots but possibly Pittsburgh.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Let's win on February 3 first. Something tells me we aren't getting that early September game anyway. The Niners are a challenge and we may not even get to hoist the Lombardi in NOLA -- at which point that early September party will be in San Francisco. And even if we do win, do you remember what happened the last time we won the SB? I think we were made to be the only SB Champion not to open the next season on MNF (which had been the tradition back then.)
    You are correct in your history....but there is ZERO chance that happens again. That would be about as blatant a slap to the face there could be...and back then, Modell and the brash-Ravens were still considered somewhat an outcast team.

Bisciotti is one of the most respected owners in the league now. No way in hell they would diss him like that.

Pretty sure it's going to be the Pats if we win.

I don't really care though...as long as we are in that game to begin with!
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

I would guess that if the Ravens win the Super Bowl, they'll host the Packers, Steelers, or Patriots. I don't think any of the other teams there is an option. I would personally like to see the Packers.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52