Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Breakdown of AFCCG (Long)

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    What were Flacco's second half stats?

And when is the last time Flacco has thrown a 4th quarter interception?
    The last 4th quarter interception thrown by Flacco was in the AFCCG last year against New England.

Its tough to find stats by half.

Quote Originally Posted by CptJesus View Post
    Not surprising. It was a thing of beauty. Flacco was completely on fire and didn't miss a beat through the whole drive
    And the more impressive part of that drive was that Pitta got blown up, and got right back up and caught a touchdown pass.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    What were Flacco's second half stats?

And when is the last time Flacco has thrown a 4th quarter interception?
    I just went through the play by play to figure out the second half stats. Flacco was 16/26 (61%) for 172 yards and 3 touchdowns.

4. Re: Breakdown of AFCCG (Long)

So this game was another fun one to watch. Except for the stupid horn that was blaring at Foxborough. That thing pissed me off a lot, since I watched this game three times including the live one.
    What the heck was that chant that the Broncos fans would do whenever they'd get any form of defensive stop?

Also, this is an accurate summary of the game

I just spit coffee all over my computer. That is awesome.

Thanks for doing this. One thing I noticed, that this breakdown reenforced, is how effective even mild pressure was on Brady.

Also, this is an accurate summary of the game

This is the best thing I've ever seen!

Quote Originally Posted by myfavoriteboxer View Post
    What the heck was that chant that the Broncos fans would do whenever they'd get any form of defensive stop?
    IN-COM-PLETE!

No idea why though, or when it started.

[B][*]8:00 - The most incomprehensible series of downs here. All we really want is to kill time, so Caldwell goes ahead and calls 3 passing plays, with one being a sack. Horrible playcalling that gives the patriots the ball back about 60 seconds later[*]2:15 - Oher gets beat by his man, and Rice gets stopped behind the line for a loss.[/LIST]
    I disagree with your assessment of the playcalling with 8 mins left in Q4. We were up two scores against the greatest QB of all time. We got here by not playing it safe (and a FG seals it), so I have no problem with not running the ball three times and punting (we just saw this bite the Broncos in the ass). The execution certainly left a lot to be desired however.

As for the play at 2:15, did anyone else think we should throw there? A first down seals the game completely, while a run really only takes you to the two minute warning. Even an incompletion isn't the end of the world, as you will probably get to the two minute warning on the ensuing punt.

I agree that our screens weren't working at all. I think they play them well because of their offense, but they also didn't seem to be blitzing much, which I found strange. Another example of playing not to lose instead of to win, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantoom View Post
    I disagree with your assessment of the playcalling with 8 mins left in Q4. We were up two scores against the greatest QB of all time. We got here by not playing it safe (and a FG seals it), so I have no problem with not running the ball three times and punting (we just saw this bite the Broncos in the ass). The execution certainly left a lot to be desired however.

As for the play at 2:15, did anyone else think we should throw there? A first down seals the game completely, while a run really only takes you to the two minute warning. Even an incompletion isn't the end of the world, as you will probably get to the two minute warning on the ensuing punt.

I agree that our screens weren't working at all. I think they play them well because of their offense, but they also didn't seem to be blitzing much, which I found strange. Another example of playing not to lose instead of to win, I guess.
    They didn't blitz for the same reason we didn't blitz. Flacco had a field day with their secondary, so they had to drop more into coverage.