Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Torrey Taunted in N.E. about Brother's Death..SERIOUSLY??

Unfortunately, we live in a world with people with so many different thought processes. Without the variances in those processes, there would be no crime, hatred, etc. Unfortunately, that is not how the human race is built. My belief is that we must continue to seek out the "nice people" to relate with because we cannot make large scale changes to humanity. Sad, but it is life.

The most important thing is that the majority of "nice people" seek to do this. Again, human nature points us in that direction as well.

Having said all that, let's go kick some arse in the Super Bowl.

2. Re: Torrey Taunted in N.E. about Brother's Death..SERIOUSLY??

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    All fan bases have idiots. I saw a long thread on a Patriots message board blasting the idiot that sent these tweets.

I've seen Ravens fans at M&T Stadium do some pretty outrageous stuff...not the least of which is taunting the oppossing fans on the way out of the stadium after their team has lost. I don't get that...I mean, the Ravens have a REALLY good home team...just let them walk out in peace...I don't see why screaming at them from behind going down the steps makes you feel any better about the game.

Ok...off the soap box.

My experience in general:
    Nicest fans: Titans
    Most apathetic fans: Dolphins...Falcons a close second (with being the biggest bandwagon fans)
    Most obnoxious/rude fans: Tie between Redskins and Patriots (and yes, in general, they are very condescending and arrogant fanbase)

One last comment...someone mentioned the Yankee fans at Yankee stadium....I went to see the Orioles play at old Yankee Stadium a few years ago, decked out in my black and orange....and I found them to be the most classy fans around (polar opposite of the ones that "travel" to Camden Yards). They were very knowledgeable and respectful of the Orioles tradition. Were they somewhat arrogant? Yes, but when you got banners for 27 championships flying in your stadium, you kind of have a right to be...but again, they weren't total dicks about it like their neighbors to the north.
    It's funny you said that because when I went to a Mets/Yankees game at Shea Stadium back in the day I had my Mets stuff on, again at a home game, and was cussed out and had stuff thrown at me on more than once occasion. I didn't say anything to instigate or say anything after because I was there to watch the game, but my experience with Yankee fans has been very bad. I had a similar experience in Montreal during an Expo's/Mets game only difference is I was about 10 when i went to the game in Montreal and still got cussed out. Must be different respect for different fan bases.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    Didn't a large contingent of our stadium cheer when our own QB got hurt? Ive always had an intense dislike for New Englanders in general, but have you ever looked at our fanbase? Baltimore is one of the biggest cesspools for ugly, overweight, chain-smoking,poorly-educated, poorly-mannered humans that you will find anywhere. Take a walk through Glen Burnie or most any part of south Baltimore around 9pm on a Friday night, and let me know if you want to start comparing quality of fan bases.

Uh, you must not have been in Glen Burnie lately. Like everyone said above, don't generalize or stereotype everyone based on one or two people. While I'm a tad overweight, I don't smoke (ok, cigars), have a degree in IT and consider everyone better than myself. I've lived in GB pretty much all my life and while there are a few bad areas (2 or 3 like every city), the people are nice, hard-working folks.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

My opinion, FWIW, is that it's a bit stereotyping to lump an entire fanbase into the + or - category based upon what is hopefully a small sample of knuckleheads.

But to address NCR's comment(s) on the banana throwing incidents at soccer games (and I know there have been other similar types of taunts) as well as JAB's question about what can be done --

FIFA (the world governing body for soccer) has done some stuff to try and display an official and very visible message of support for fair play and "ethnics" (my bad attempt at a pun) by publishing codes of conduct and ethics, as well as publicizing and supporting activities to just say no to discrimination. Here's a link to some information. If you happen to tune into some of the international games, you'll see both teams helping to display a very visible banner such as the one at the link, "Say No to Racism". Perhaps the NFL could take some notes and maybe develop some simialr type of program.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I'm sorry, but that's just a horrible comparison.

Some fans cheering Boller getting hurt does not rise up to the level of dropping n-bombs towards another athlete or mocking the death of Torrey's brother.

Yes, we have our fair share of idiots. But to take a leap to say we're on par with these bastards is flat out inaccurate and borderline trollish.
    :word

Who besides Baltimore fans remembers the Boller incident?! There are many, MANY more numerous occasions in which Boston fans in general have been known to be complettttte a-holes not the least of which the athletes' of said Boston teams wives!!

I understand that every city has some horrible fans, ours included. The fact is, that when Torrey's brother passed earlier this year, a POS pats fan actually stooped to that level and mocked him about it on twitter. Then no other team's fans stooped that low for the rest of the year, not even steelers fans. Not until we went back and played that same team again and now the same fans have stooped that low yet again.

I really don't have much respect for Boston area fans.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    I understand that every city has some horrible fans, ours included. The fact is, that when Torrey's brother passed earlier this year, a POS pats fan actually stooped to that level and mocked him about it on twitter. Then no other team's fans stooped that low for the rest of the year, not even steelers fans. Not until we went back and played that same team again and now the same fans have stooped that low yet again.

I really don't have much respect for Boston area fans.
    Good point.

So while we can't say all Patsy fans are guilty of being ass hats. We can reasonably suggest that they're the only losers stooping to this level.

Massholes, bout sums it up.