Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why Are The 49ers Favored?

I don't feel slighted and I'm not trying to play up the no respect thing.

I'm honestly curious why the 49ers are viewed as favorites in this game?

The Ravens have a better QB, receiving corps, RB, and arguably offensive line at this point.

The Ravens D-Line is at least equal to SF with an injured Justin Smith and the secondaries are about even.

The only glaring advantage the Niners have is at LB.

The Niners beat an overhyped Packers team (impressively) and then came back to narrowly beat a weak #1 seeded Atlanta team.

The Ravens beat an overmatched young Colts team at home, a great team with a HOF QB and outstanding defense, and a good team with a HOF QB who has won his share of AFC Championship Games.

The last time these two teams faced off the Ravens won. Of course, these two teams are completely different than those and we had the homefield on a short week but it's still something.

The 49ers defense has been far from dominating since Justin Smith's injury.

So, what am I missing?

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Re: Why Are The 49ers Favored?

purk--
    To answer your question -- nothing!

The spread is more a money question, not a "Who's really gonna win?" thing. If everybody in the betting world wants to lay $$$ more on the 49ers to cover, God Bless 'Em!

Just another reason to enjoy a Ravens W!!!!

Blog Entries

It's written in an ad on Kaepernick's arm.

The odds makers are fishing.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

low-
    With barbed treble hooks! ;)

Ravens have always been highly respected by vegas and the talking heads. Their just giving some respect to the 9ers.LOL

Blog Entries
    I was a little surprised at the spread. Watching the replay of NFCC now...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

The public perception is the Ravens can't score, thanks to 12 years of the media describing them as "Trent Dilfer and 5 weeks without an offensive touchdown." Plus a few years of "Joe Flacco sucks" and "all they do is hand off to Ray Rice" and... you get the picture.

Once that's ingrained, no amount of evidence will change people's minds. The average American probably spits his drink when he sees a Raven touchdown pass.

Until Joe Flacco becomes a top five fantasy QB, the public will never buy in to the Ravens as a whole, nor to Flacco's ability to run the offense. Most fans can no longer understand what makes a successful NFL football team anymore. They only understand fantasy points. The Ravens (outside of Rice) don't generate a ton of them, therefore........ they must suck. Or so the "thinking" appears to go....

San Fran earned a 2 seed in a much more difficult NFC. They've been a better team throughout the entirety of the year. I do think the line is a little high, but part of that stems from the 49ers being such a popular team, and Vegas adjusting accordingly.
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

Blog Entries
    In the NFCC game, falcons are playing a 5-3-3 look almost every snap. They also seem to be keying on the QB to the point of neglecting their assignment. It won't be as easy against the Ravens

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

The Ravens should be favored in the game, but who really cares. It is not like it is going to effect how the two teams see themselves.
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    In the NFCC game, falcons are playing a 5-3-3 look almost every snap. They also seem to be keying on the QB to the point of neglecting their assignment. It won't be as easy against the Ravens
    On the other hand, it looked like SF was playing a three man front most of the game and Ryan put up almost 400 yards on them. If they try that against us, I can't see them beating us-- we have better runners, more of a compete passing game right now, and frankly a better QB. To me the only defense that makes sense for SF to play is a high risk, stack the box, blitz Flacco, and force Joe to hit hot receivers.......we have all seen this before.

But really, our huge benefit from the Dome is that Tucker should to be able to put it out of the endzone on kickoffs......and that has been our biggest weakness, obviously in Denver and even problems in New England.
    Way Down South in New Orleans