Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Tom Brady during the National Anthem

I suggest that ASB you take your concerns to PM either to T himself or one of the admins.

As for the topic, this entire topic is bullshit and should not have been started. VERY FEW IF ANY NFL players hold their hands to their hearts during the national anthem, and for that no one I know does that because it's not a requirement. Most people simply do what Brady and most of the country does, stand there and listen with respect. You ARE supposed to remove your hat, which is why no NFL player wears his helmet during the anthem.

Ray Lewis certainly did not hold his hand over his heart during the anthem. Are you going to apply the same standard to him? I didn't think so. This thread should die a natural death.

I did Sting. No response from T, a "I didn't see it, take it up with T" from HR.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Wait a fucking second T. I posted a well thought out, totally rational, totally mild response basically saying "Free speech is good. North Korea is bad. I like standing for the flag but don't get mad when people don't because they have rights." and then further added "But OP has a right to critiicize Brady for his actions too." And you FUCKING DELETED IT?

How the fuck should I have responded? Politics my ass. This is a classic case of YOU having a problem with certain posters and over moderating them. I said almost literally the same fucking thing as RedskinsFury and his post is still sitting there? Where's the fucking consistency.
    I was trying to gently herd the discussion away from the way it was drifting into the political-social acrimony. You've done it again.

How about a one week vacation?
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    I suggest that ASB you take your concerns to PM either to T himself or one of the admins.

As for the topic, this entire topic is bullshit and should not have been started. VERY FEW IF ANY NFL players hold their hands to their hearts during the national anthem, and for that no one I know does that because it's not a requirement. Most people simply do what Brady and most of the country does, stand there and listen with respect. You ARE supposed to remove your hat, which is why no NFL player wears his helmet during the anthem.

Ray Lewis certainly did not hold his hand over his heart during the anthem. Are you going to apply the same standard to him? I didn't think so. This thread should die a natural death.
    I sometimes wonder why they do the national anthem thing at the beginning of every sporting event anyway, and then stick cameras in players' faces. No offense, but the players have something else on their minds. I don't blame any of them for being all fidgety right before they have to play a big game.

Besides, the cameramen obviously aren't paying attention to the national anthem, but nobody blasts them for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    I was trying to gently herd the discussion away from the way it was drifting into the political-social acrimony. You've done it again.

How about a one week vacation?
    How did my post contribute to acrimony precisely? And further, how does RedSkinsFury's, which is practically identical to my now deleted post, not?
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    He was intently listening for the "O"
    He was actually holding his mangina knowing that it would be hurting after the game. The man demands attention all the time. LOL

Blog Entries

Closing this one.
    Admin Steve :uk:
    Screwing up Ravens message boards since 1999.