Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Tom Brady during the National Anthem

Just curious because I hadn't seen it in other topics yet but...did anyone notice that during the National Anthem, Brady was more interested in keeping his hands in his hand warmer and not even looking at the flag, than placing a hand over his heart during it?

I understand less and less people do it in today's world, and even less people take their hats off anymore (I feel that's completely disrespectful, but that's just me). But for a person who is as high profile as Tom Brady and plays for the PATRIOTS, you'd think that he'd actually have some patriotism and put his hand over his heart.

Once I saw that during the pre-game festivities, I was begging for us to destroy him and watch him whine and moan.

What are your opinions on his actions or lack thereof?
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis

Re: Tom Brady during the National Anthem

Quote Originally Posted by CoverD View Post
    Just curious because I hadn't seen it in other topics yet but...did anyone notice that during the National Anthem, Brady was more interested in keeping his hands in his hand warmer and not even looking at the flag, than placing a hand over his heart during it?

I understand less and less people do it in today's world, and even less people take their hats off anymore (I feel that's completely disrespectful, but that's just me). But for a person who is as high profile as Tom Brady and plays for the PATRIOTS, you'd think that he'd actually have some patriotism and put his hand over his heart.

Once I saw that during the pre-game festivities, I was begging for us to destroy him and watch him whine and moan.

What are your opinions on his actions or lack thereof?
    Who gives a shit? Its his decision to believe what he wants to believe.

[deleted]

Its his decision, I think of him no less because of it.

What is with this country and people expecting everyone to be so politically correct?
    Last edited by Mista T; 01-22-2013 at 05:52 PM. Reason: drifting into a social-political discussion

Blog Entries

deleted
    Last edited by Mista T; 01-22-2013 at 05:57 PM. Reason: please don't feed

Please explain to me how putting your hand over your heart during the National Anthem is religious?

Sounds like you've got an ax to grind with the US... :insane:
    Last edited by Mista T; 01-22-2013 at 05:56 PM. Reason: quoted political statemen
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Yeah his tread is gtting locked. What a toolbag. Not you op. The assclown who obviously is clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Yeah his tread is gtting locked. What a toolbag. Not you op. The assclown who obviously is clueless.
    Yea, once I saw that reply I figured as much. Its a shame that with just one reply it turned into garbage.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CoverD View Post
    Yea, once I saw that reply I figured as much. Its a shame that with just one reply it turned into garbage.
    Maybe they'll just delete his post. And they can delete my response to him also. And we can move on. But like the below poster said it's gonna get ugly anyway.

Trying to keep it nice, like I said everyone in our section took off their hats and it was cold and windy as hell, blew the top 1/4 off my first beer when walking up to our seats :). As for the hand over the heart, I'm happy enough with just standing their quiet and showing respect., Thats good enough for me.

Blog Entries

This one's going to get UGLY quick...
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

As to Brady's disrespect: he's a douchebag. He should have been tossed from Sunday's game for trying kicking Reed. I'm hoping the NFL fines him a similar amount as Suh got.

==================================================================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    This one's going to get UGLY quick...
    Not going to happen. We'll keep an eye on it. If there any more political-social thread hijackings, we'll just suspend the offender -- FYI, there's been a lot of that lately and I, for one, am getting tired of gently prodding members to follow the rules and behave.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    As to Brady's disrespect: he's a douchebag. He should have been tossed from Sunday's game for trying kicking Reed. I'm hoping the NFL fines him a similar amount as Suh got.

==================================================================================================

Not going to happen. We'll keep an eye on it. If there any more political-social thread hijackings, we'll just suspend the offender -- FYI, there's been a lot of that lately and I, for one, am getting tired of gently prodding members to follow the rules and behave.
    Another FYI, the ignore list is awesome!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post

Can you just delete landspeeds obviously politcal charged post, and my not so nice response to it? That wasn't proffessional at all but than again his post he wouldn't utter to anyones face either. best just remove them and move on if you can.

Blog Entries

I was at the game so didn't see it. Everyone in our section took off their hat's even as cold and windy as it was. Dunno.