Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Mangii: Ravens copied Pat's strategy

from one of the Pat's boards

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-...-do-colts.html

kinda makes sense. the old-school gritty smashmouth Patriots have gotten soft and got out-gritted and out-smashed.

"He further said that it was in fact very similar to his own approach, when he was on the Patriots staff, to defending the Colts receivers. This would include the playoff game where Bill Polian famously blew a gasket over the lack of calls for being too physical with Colts receivers.
    We need to have in our arsenal a tactic to deal with this.
    We could be Colts about it and whine for "better" officiating, or we could attempt to get our receivers better prepared to either avoid such contact or (my preference) to dish it out just as much."
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Re: Mangii: Ravens copied Pat's strategy

Its funny listening to the Pats fans bitching about our physicality with their WRs. The game/announcers kept showing footage of the Ravens WRs not getting off the line and getting held 6-8 yards down field.

Blog Entries

The Ravens need to do the same thing to Michael Crabtree. Jam him and challenge him the whole way up the field.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    Its funny listening to the Pats fans bitching about our physicality with their WRs. The game/announcers kept showing footage of the Ravens WRs not getting off the line and getting held 6-8 yards down field.
    Exactly, what freaking game were those morons watching?!
    Our DBs came up and nailed their receivers after they touched the ball.

Blog Entries

I thought we played Steelers football especially on the defensive side of the ball with that swarming attacking D. We beat the Steelers more than anyone and beat up NE playing their style in
    the toughest division in NFL. As been posted, playing Steelers twice pr yr has made Joe and the entire team better
    and more prepared to beat the other good teams outside the division.

We respect Squeelers as much as we hate em.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    I thought we played Steelers football especially on the defensive side of the ball with that swarming attacking D. We beat the Steelers more than anyone and beat up NE playing their style in
    the toughest division in NFL. As been posted, playing Steelers twice pr yr has made Joe and the entire team better

Also having a very very tough schedule this season is a blessing in disguise, unlike the Patriots and Falcons who both had very easy schedules throughout the season, so easy they are watching the Superbowl at home.

Blog Entries

Welcome Aussie and great point about the schedule. You are so right.

Australia is one of our favorite countries. My nephew went to college there and had a friend from there
    at our Thanksgiving dinner. He was really cool but when I asked him about the Battle of Coral Sea, he never heard of
    it. I said if it wasnt for that battle you'd be speaking Japanese instead of English.

Welcome Aussie and great point about the schedule. You are so right.

Australia is one of our favorite countries. My nephew went to college there and had a friend from there
    at our Thanksgiving dinner. He was really cool but when I asked him about the Battle of Coral Sea, he never heard of
    it. I said if it wasnt for that battle you'd be speaking Japanese instead of English.
    I dont blame him haha, because Ive never heard of it or learnt it during high school. Next time you see him, mention the Landing at Gallipoli (Turkey). That was the one where the Aussie soldiers were sent to the wrong beach and were annihilated by the enemy stationed at the top of the hill/cliff. Its quite similar to the American one if im not mistakened, its in various video games :P

Blog Entries

Oh man. I know that story well.

One of the Allies worse mistakes in history. A lot of Aussies go there every year.

Mel Gibson made a movie about it. Complete slaughter. I couldn't watch it.

We lost the Lexington air craft carrier at Coral Seal but it took out two Jap carriers. They were on the way to Australia.
    The Aussies at the time were greatly relieved the Japs were stopped and called it the turning point of the war for them.
    How quickly they forget.

Quote Originally Posted by redskins fury View Post
    its funny listening to the pats fans bitching about our physicality with their wrs. The game/announcers kept showing footage of the ravens wrs not getting off the line and getting held 6-8 yards down field.
    exactly!
    "Sorry officer, nothing wrong here. I'm just watching the Ravens game!"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    yeah, believe me they let that go both ways and anybody saying that officiating was one sided, better be saying against the Ravens or they're just blatantly full of shit, imo.
    -JAB

I think you are spot on with this, and I think this is what gives us a major advantage in the Super Bowl. Sure, San Francisco is a physical team, but because we are battle hardened from our yearly epic matches with the Steelers, we are ready to play that type of game and win.

The 49ers, on the other hand, are used to playing in the softer (IMO) NFC, so when they face us, I don't think they are ready for 4 quarters of violent smash mouth football.