Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Re: Bless me father for I have sinned, I thought the Ravens were going to be 1 and done.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    Same here...

I think that when the dust settles, this seasons playoffs will go down in history as some of the greatest games played and our team was part of it! In fact, our team defined it!
    Have to agree!

Re: Bless me father for I have sinned, I thought the Ravens were going to be 1 and done.

I am sorry Father for I also doubted the Ravens in the post season. Thought they'd get by Indy but not Denver, which was my Doubting Thomas moment. Having seen evidence of there resurrection, I felt good about their chances against NE. As for SF, I've learned faith is something one accepts, so I'll drink the purple kool aid at from Fr. John and Brother Ray and root hard for my Ravens!
    Penance accepted.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    and Cam finally getting thrown out

When we look back at this year that's the 1 thing we're always going to point to as a key to the Ravens success.
    Oh yea..how could I leave that out?...lol.

This run that they have put together is a lot bigger than just the 2012 season, IMO. I think it is a culmination of the last 5 years, all the heartbreakers and near misses. This is the year it all falls together. It started in 2008 with the hiring of Harbs and drafting of Flacco and Rice, more so Flacco. And it also serves as validation for the defense that Ozzie has put together over the last ten years, esp for Reed and Suggs.

I think the turn around began with terminating the Boller experiment. Wasted years and SB opportunities.

I'm a little bit religion, a little bit Napoleon Hill on this one but the formula is still the same:

Belief + action = results

At this level of sport, the team with the most talent cannot win based on physical talent alone. The other team will match you. The smartest team will not always win, either. The other team can be equally as intelligent.

It comes down to the ethereal. It's hokey to some, BS to others. BUT, when a group of people come together and work together towards a similar goal AND believe they will achieve that goal, then they are a force to be reckoned with.

So many events helped to build the belief that this team is special and can achieve their highest goals:
    - Torrey Smith playing against the Patriots hours after his brothers passing
    - Art Model's passing
    - Suggs returning from injury MONTHS before conventional wisdom dictated
    - Ray Lewis getting injured and returning in time for the playoffs, months ahead of conventional wisdom
    - Cam Cameron fired
    - the 3 game skid at the end of the season, then the Giants game

Many of these events tested their belief. When they didn't falter, their belief was strengthened. It's very cool to watch, and inspiring. It can be duplicated by anyone. THAT is the cool part.
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.