Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: Bless me father for I have sinned, I thought the Ravens were going to be 1 and done.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Anyone feel like beating me with the "You were wrong about Harbaugh stick" have at it ;)
    OK, If it makes you feel better:

:hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:

Re: Bless me father for I have sinned, I thought the Ravens were going to be 1 and done.

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    Man, you gotta feel bad for the guy. Sure, it was his own fault and had to go, but NO ONE wants the turning point to be their dismissal. Hopefully he gets something positive out of it and learns from his mistakes but I have my doubts.
    If the Ravens win, does he get a Super Bowl Ring?

That would be the coolest and suckiest gift ever.

I have for a long long time wanted Cam to leave. When they finally did what's best for the team and let him go I suspected a change in our offense. Teams knew what play we were running by the way we lined up. Very predictable. I could not have possibly imagined this. The game against the Giant gave me hope. The Cinci game didn't count. And while earlier in the year I predicted Denver beating us I wasn't so sure they would beat us in the playoffs. If it wasn't for two ST blunders we would have beat them soundly with no OT needed. I felt Denver would probably win but didn't rule out the possibility of the Ravens pulling one out. I wasn't worried about NE. Brady was for sure but I thought after Denver we would win against the Patsies. Which is what I'm predicting in the SB. Our O and D are together for one last time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    Man, you gotta feel bad for the guy. Sure, it was his own fault and had to go, but NO ONE wants the turning point to be their dismissal. Hopefully he gets something positive out of it and learns from his mistakes but I have my doubts.
    All I keep thinking is that the Ravens might have been in the Super Bowl last year if it wasn't for Cam. I have no sympathy for him.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    All I keep thinking is that the Ravens might have been in the Super Bowl last year if it wasn't for Cam. I have no sympathy for him.
    It still sticks in my craw....the Jacksonville game...where they made ZERO adjustments until late in the 4th quarter...they win that game, they would have been playing at home vs. the Patriots rather than on the road...and I bet that game wouldn't have been close, either.

I don't think I will ever get over that Jacksonville game...one of the few times I have actually turned off a game (in disgust) before it was over.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens27Girl View Post
    I had made the statement that if we went in and beat Denver, we would go to the Superbowl and there was no NFC team that would beat us. I don't remember what thread that was but I believe what I said then is still true. We are going to win the Superbowl!
    I said the same thing, if we beat Denver, we're going to the Super Bowl and winning it, because Denver, to me, was the best all around team in the NFL.

I knew we'd beat the Colts at home and was cautiously optimistic as the game got closer that we'd put up a good fight in Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Fan Dan View Post
    Sure looks like a lot of blessin' & forgivin' going on lol.
    Seeing as we're all 'fessing up' ;) i figured I'd mention that the Ravens are on a pretty serious faith walk these days over at the Castle. You can tell the good Lord has them all fired up on the sideline and in every interview and press conference.

On the way to work in the morning I sometimes put Shine FM on the radio. It chills me out and helps me deal with the roadragers whenever i desperately want to choke the living ... outta somebody if ya know what i mean :D Anyways, this morning i tune in and they've got Ravens Chaplain Rod Hairston on the air. He said they had 45 players in church this past Sunday. They all got on their knees then one by one they fell to their faces to honor God and ask Him for the victory, that they might lift up His name to all the world.

Pretty powerful picture there guys - all our favorite players face down on the floor in a show of obedience and humility to their Maker.

I was going to take this past weekend off, but after that Denver game i knew i needed to be in church on Sunday lol. There's a lot of good feeling going on around here these days fellas. If you haven't been in awhile, you might want to consider visiting your favorite place of worship this week. Pretty sure your favorite team thinks it's a good idea too :D, or even just take the time to pray for something worthwhile with your family, or on your own.

Might do ya' a world of good.

God bless and Go Ravens!

:word

Thanks for sharing, RFD.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    It still sticks in my craw....the Jacksonville game...where they made ZERO adjustments until late in the 4th quarter...they win that game, they would have been playing at home vs. the Patriots rather than on the road...and I bet that game wouldn't have been close, either.

I don't think I will ever get over that Jacksonville game...one of the few times I have actually turned off a game (in disgust) before it was over.
    I felt like that after Kyle Boller was tackled by the grass monster in Denver. Never forgave him for that.

I was a one and done guy as well. The Ravens play up until the playoffs wasn't that inspiring. They played great against NY but it was only one game with no proven history of playing great week after week. I've never been a fan of resting players the last game and limping into the playoffs. Seems to be working out this time. I'm happy to be wrong! :)

Well if we are confessing. I did not think the Ravens could get to the SB this year. Even before they hit the end of year swoon. I thought last year was their shot and they dropped it. Thought this year was a step back year.
    Ravens Lords have mercy.

Quote Originally Posted by somedumbguy View Post
    If the Ravens win, does he get a Super Bowl Ring?

That would be the coolest and suckiest gift ever.
    Interesting debate..........HELL KNOW:)

I had lost alot of faith in the team in December too. So glad they proved me wrong.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller