Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Re: Bless me father for I have sinned, I thought the Ravens were going to be 1 and done.

Rav-D--
    Shouldn't the absolution include "...and 52 Our Ray Lewises"? ;)

Blog Entries

Re: Bless me father for I have sinned, I thought the Ravens were going to be 1 and done.

Quote Originally Posted by somedumbguy View Post
    I thought they were going to draw the Bengals and lose in the first round. When they ended up with the Colts I gave the benefit of the doubt.
    I love you Man!!! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    There was more than a few of posters predicting gloom and doom, no way they could win, wah wah wah. At least you had the cajones to admit it.
    I can proudly say I was NOT one of them and believed we weren't going to be one and done. I will say I was a bit fearful of them going to Denver but knew the team would be fired up when they were told they had NO chance to win. But if anyone remembers, I posted the story about the super underdog Mine That Bird and told you all to BELIEVE. So I'm sitting here guilt free with my popcorn listening to the rest of you confess your transgressions. :p

Blog Entries

Put me in the 1 and done camp. I don't see any of my "new Eagles" quotes in here. HARBs should be able to
    shred that choke title in two weeks. If he doesn't, he will truly be another Reid who also lost the SB with all
    that talent Ozzie gave him.

I thought there was no way we beat Denver out there after losing big to them here a few weeks before even if Fox
    did warn his fans that 3 guys on D would be playing that missed the last game. He called for a different game and it
    was.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 01-22-2013 at 10:35 PM.

Blog Entries

I went from believing we were a team of destiny after the 4th and 29 to thinking we would be one and done in the playoffs. Then during the week of the Denver game (check the posts) I had a feeling that somehow we would pull it out. Once we beat Denver I KNEW we would beat NE.

Blog Entries

Looking forward to "confessing" my transgressions at St. Louis Cathedral in downtown New Orleans on Saturday February 2. That way I can walk across the square to Bourbon St and start "transgressing" all over again.

I'll go a step further and expected this season to be a down year for the Ravens. They have been lucky over the last few years without a lot of injuries. When Suggs went down and then Webb I thought the law of averages had caught up to them and it would be an injury filled season. Basically, that has happened. What I wasn't expecting was them to work through it all and succeed. When they made the playoffs, I really did not expect to see them get beyond the Colts. There have been too many times this year they just have not looked good.
    Sent from my Linux workstation.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    I went from believing we were a team of destiny after the 4th and 29 to thinking we would be one and done in the playoffs. Then during the week of the Denver game (check the posts) I had a feeling that somehow we would pull it out. Once we beat Denver I KNEW we would beat NE.
    I had made the statement that if we went in and beat Denver, we would go to the Superbowl and there was no NFC team that would beat us. I don't remember what thread that was but I believe what I said then is still true. We are going to win the Superbowl!

You all live by the stat's. Try being a fan, and drink more beer.

Although I never posted my prediction on this board I felt we would go 10-6 and win at least one playoff game. When we got the colts in the 1st round I knew we would win. However on a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being no chance I gave the ravens a 3 against Denver.
    Then going into NE I like most fans on this board became more of a believer yet cautiously optimistic at the same. What a ride this season has become. So many peaks, valleys and adversity. I guess hindsight 20/20 but it just seems we are following the same path of the two previous superbowl winners. Teams that got hot at the right time. This ride is more impressive because the ravens got hot in the playoffs with very little momentum going in unlike the Giants and Packers from the last two years, at least they had some momentum.

I think most thought that the Ravens season was going to end in Denver. I did, but I did think they'd compete because of the way they dominated the Giants, an equally desperate team who happened to also be the defending champions. Too many talking heads kept harping on the "lost 4 out of the last 5" completely ignoring that the Ravens didn't play their starters in the final game. I have no doubt now that they would have destroyed the Bengals had the game meant something. Hell, our backups against their starters held their own quite well in that first half.

After the Denver win, I really started to believe. I had little doubt that they would beat the Patriots.

Quote Originally Posted by somedumbguy View Post
    I feel I need to confess my loss of faith. When the Ravens were silding in December I pretty much wrote off the season. The defense wasn't good enough and the offense was too inconsistant. When they drew the Colts I figured they would get by them and lose in the second round.

Now I am enjoying the ride but I feel a little guilty for having doubted.
    Originally posted by ballhawk
    Shouldn't it be "forgive me father"?
    Originally posted by Actualspambot.
    Lapsed Catholic here, the line is:
    "Bless me father for I have sinned. It has been X days since my last confession."

So... yea. The more you know.
    Sure looks like a lot of blessin' & forgivin' going on lol.
    Seeing as we're all 'fessing up' ;) i figured I'd mention that the Ravens are on a pretty serious faith walk these days over at the Castle. You can tell the good Lord has them all fired up on the sideline and in every interview and press conference.

On the way to work in the morning I sometimes put Shine FM on the radio. It chills me out and helps me deal with the roadragers whenever i desperately want to choke the living ... outta somebody if ya know what i mean :D Anyways, this morning i tune in and they've got Ravens Chaplain Rod Hairston on the air. He said they had 45 players in church this past Sunday. They all got on their knees then one by one they fell to their faces to honor God and ask Him for the victory, that they might lift up His name to all the world.

Pretty powerful picture there guys - all our favorite players face down on the floor in a show of obedience and humility to their Maker.

I was going to take this past weekend off, but after that Denver game i knew i needed to be in church on Sunday lol. There's a lot of good feeling going on around here these days fellas. If you haven't been in awhile, you might want to consider visiting your favorite place of worship this week. Pretty sure your favorite team thinks it's a good idea too :D, or even just take the time to pray for something worthwhile with your family, or on your own.

Might do ya' a world of good.

God bless and Go Ravens!
    Last edited by Real Fan Dan; 01-23-2013 at 05:32 AM.
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!