Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: Bless me father for I have sinned, I thought the Ravens were going to be 1 and done.

I dont mind saying, whether you guys believe me or not, that I ALWAYS had faith. After the Denver debacle, I said to my friends, "The darkest hour is always just before the dawn. Watch..." And boom- I had so much faith in Jim Caldwell, I rode Joe Flacco to a fantasy championship, starting him over, guess who... Colin Kaepernick.... who I left on my bench...
    "Sorry officer, nothing wrong here. I'm just watching the Ravens game!"

Blog Entries

Re: Bless me father for I have sinned, I thought the Ravens were going to be 1 and done.

Anyone feel like beating me with the "You were wrong about Harbaugh stick" have at it ;)

In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti, remittuntur tibi. Sed bandwagon Potes posteriora sedere.

You're welcome.
    "CARPE LOMBARDI"

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Anyone feel like beating me with the "You were wrong about Harbaugh stick" have at it ;)
    A lot of us would have to hit ourselves first, while imposing self inflicting wounds with the "Flacco sucks sign Flynn" stick

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    I think it has everything to do with that defense getting healthy at the right time. And Joe breaking out of his slump during the Giants game.
    and Cam finally getting thrown out

When we look back at this year that's the 1 thing we're always going to point to as a key to the Ravens success.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Da Vida View Post
    A lot of us would have to hit ourselves first, while imposing self inflicting wounds with the "Flacco sucks sign Flynn" stick
    Well, I have always supported Joe Flacco and one of my biggest beefs with Harbaugh was Came Cameron, I never in my wildest dreams thought he would be fired, even if word around the campfire was Biscuit pushed for it. That being said, from a human perspective, sometime we fail (John) to see the shortcomings of our 'friends' (Cam) and it can often drag us down, even in professional football. I am sure John and Cam are great guys in real life, but in the business of football, the time had come where they no longer could co-exist and win a Super Bowl.

Furthermore, since the firing, I have to say, I have been impressed with John Harbaugh's coaching. I think Cam caused him to second guess himself on a lot of things, such as cutting Flacco loose. I always said if he proved me wrong, I would be John's biggest fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Well, I have always supported Joe Flacco and one of my biggest beefs with Harbaugh was Came Cameron, I never in my wildest dreams thought he would be fired, even if word around the campfire was Biscuit pushed for it. That being said, from a human perspective, sometime we fail (John) to see the shortcomings of our 'friends' (Cam) and it can often drag us down, even in professional football. I am sure John and Cam are great guys in real life, but in the business of football, the time had come where they no longer could co-exist and win a Super Bowl.

Furthermore, since the firing, I have to say, I have been impressed with John Harbaugh's coaching. I think Cam caused him to second guess himself on a lot of things, such as cutting Flacco loose. I always said if he proved me wrong, I would be John's biggest fan.

I have to admit to calling him JV John for years. The "Play Like a Raven" and "Mighty Men of Baltimore" crap drove me nuts. Turns out I was wrong, thankfully.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    and Cam finally getting thrown out

When we look back at this year that's the 1 thing we're always going to point to as a key to the Ravens success.
    Man, you gotta feel bad for the guy. Sure, it was his own fault and had to go, but NO ONE wants the turning point to be their dismissal. Hopefully he gets something positive out of it and learns from his mistakes but I have my doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Da Vida View Post
    I have to admit to calling him JV John for years. The "Play Like a Raven" and "Mighty Men of Baltimore" crap drove me nuts. Turns out I was wrong, thankfully.
    Well, I am sure a bunch of players just roll their eyes at those statements...just like I am sure a bunch of players roll their eyes at Ray Lewis' speeches.

But the bottom line is if the guy saying those things is truly speaking from the heart, or is he just saying BS things to try and get people motivated.

Lewis is very religious. Harbaugh (also very religious) is also very corny. But both of them truly mean what they say and they walk the walk.

That is all that really matters.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Well, I am sure a bunch of players just roll their eyes at those statements...just like I am sure a bunch of players roll their eyes at Ray Lewis' speeches.

But the bottom line is if the guy saying those things is truly speaking from the heart, or is he just saying BS things to try and get people motivated.

Lewis is very religious. Harbaugh (also very religious) is also very corny. But both of them truly mean what they say and they walk the walk.

That is all that really matters.
    Hey, I am an atheist, my favorite player of all time? Ray Lewis. Does his religious stuff get excessive? Maybe, in terms of the other team is full of believers as well. But my observations and opinions on the matter do not change his skill, determination, and drive. Same for John Harbaugh.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    Man, you gotta feel bad for the guy. Sure, it was his own fault and had to go, but NO ONE wants the turning point to be their dismissal. Hopefully he gets something positive out of it and learns from his mistakes but I have my doubts.
    I don't. He made millions while he was systematically handcuffing the best quarterback this franchise has ever had. Then he damned near caused a mutiny in the lockerroom because of his stubbornness. Fuck him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    I don't. He made millions while he was systematically handcuffing the best quarterback this franchise has ever had. Then he damned near caused a mutiny in the lockerroom because of his stubbornness. Fuck him.
    lool