Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Bless me father for I have sinned, I thought the Ravens were going to be 1 and done.

I feel I need to confess my loss of faith. When the Ravens were silding in December I pretty much wrote off the season. The defense wasn't good enough and the offense was too inconsistant. When they drew the Colts I figured they would get by them and lose in the second round.

Now I am enjoying the ride but I feel a little guilty for having doubted.

Re: Bless me father for I have sinned, I thought the Ravens were going to be 1 and done.

Quote Originally Posted by somedumbguy View Post
    When they drew the Colts I figured they would get by them and lose in the second round.

Pardon my hairsplitting, but wouldn't that scenario have been a "2 and done"?

That said, I also doubted - very much - that they'd be able to win in Denver.

Re: Bless me father for I have sinned, I thought the Ravens were going to be 1 and done.

I thought they were going to draw the Bengals and lose in the first round. When they ended up with the Colts I gave the benefit of the doubt.

I thought the dream was going to end in Denver...then Flacco hit Torrey Smith with the bomb in the first quarter and it was "game on".

I wasn't sure they were going to win that game, or the NE game, but I knew they would come to play and compete.

So did most of us... Someone on here even started a thread that said The Ravens would go 8-8. lol.

This proof that no matter what, if you get into the playoffs and you have strong leadership and coaching.... Anything can happen. Even if you are 8-8, 9-7, or 10-6. And, if you are 13-3 or 16-0, it doesn't mean you'll win it all.

Blog Entries

so did I, I won't lie i did not see this run coming, btu how sweet it is to sit back and relish in it while thenational media sit in shock, awe and disgust.

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    Pardon my hairsplitting, but wouldn't that scenario have been a "2 and done"?

That said, I also doubted - very much - that they'd be able to win in Denver.
    Man, I went into that weekend thinking it sucked that they played first cause if they lost I wouldn't much enjoy the rest of the games cause it wouldn't matter. I had my doubts although i at elast gave them a 40% chance in my mind they could pull it off. Funny, the game was so epic, I didn't much enjoy the rest of the games that weekend anyway. They just paled in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    I thought the dream was going to end in Denver...
    Hell, we were 31 seconds from the dream being over.

I did too before I saw we had the Colts.

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    Funny, the game was so epic, I didn't much enjoy the rest of the games that weekend anyway. They just paled in comparison.
    Same here...

I think that when the dust settles, this seasons playoffs will go down in history as some of the greatest games played and our team was part of it! In fact, our team defined it!

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    so did I, I won't lie i did not see this run coming, btu how sweet it is to sit back and relish in it while thenational media sit in shock, awe and disgust.
    My thoughts exactly.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    So did most of us... Someone on here even started a thread that said The Ravens would go 8-8. lol.

This proof that no matter what, if you get into the playoffs and you have strong leadership and coaching.... Anything can happen. Even if you are 8-8, 9-7, or 10-6. And, if you are 13-3 or 16-0, it doesn't mean you'll win it all.
    Bet that loser feels pretty dumb. Who was that ;)