Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Bless me father for I have sinned, I thought the Ravens were going to be 1 and done.

I'll go a step further and expected this season to be a down year for the Ravens. They have been lucky over the last few years without a lot of injuries. When Suggs went down and then Webb I thought the law of averages had caught up to them and it would be an injury filled season. Basically, that has happened. What I wasn't expecting was them to work through it all and succeed. When they made the playoffs, I really did not expect to see them get beyond the Colts. There have been too many times this year they just have not looked good.
    Sent from my Linux workstation.

Re: Bless me father for I have sinned, I thought the Ravens were going to be 1 and done.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    I went from believing we were a team of destiny after the 4th and 29 to thinking we would be one and done in the playoffs. Then during the week of the Denver game (check the posts) I had a feeling that somehow we would pull it out. Once we beat Denver I KNEW we would beat NE.
    I had made the statement that if we went in and beat Denver, we would go to the Superbowl and there was no NFC team that would beat us. I don't remember what thread that was but I believe what I said then is still true. We are going to win the Superbowl!

You all live by the stat's. Try being a fan, and drink more beer.

Although I never posted my prediction on this board I felt we would go 10-6 and win at least one playoff game. When we got the colts in the 1st round I knew we would win. However on a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being no chance I gave the ravens a 3 against Denver.
    Then going into NE I like most fans on this board became more of a believer yet cautiously optimistic at the same. What a ride this season has become. So many peaks, valleys and adversity. I guess hindsight 20/20 but it just seems we are following the same path of the two previous superbowl winners. Teams that got hot at the right time. This ride is more impressive because the ravens got hot in the playoffs with very little momentum going in unlike the Giants and Packers from the last two years, at least they had some momentum.

Blog Entries

I think most thought that the Ravens season was going to end in Denver. I did, but I did think they'd compete because of the way they dominated the Giants, an equally desperate team who happened to also be the defending champions. Too many talking heads kept harping on the "lost 4 out of the last 5" completely ignoring that the Ravens didn't play their starters in the final game. I have no doubt now that they would have destroyed the Bengals had the game meant something. Hell, our backups against their starters held their own quite well in that first half.

After the Denver win, I really started to believe. I had little doubt that they would beat the Patriots.

Quote Originally Posted by somedumbguy View Post
    I feel I need to confess my loss of faith. When the Ravens were silding in December I pretty much wrote off the season. The defense wasn't good enough and the offense was too inconsistant. When they drew the Colts I figured they would get by them and lose in the second round.

Now I am enjoying the ride but I feel a little guilty for having doubted.
    Originally posted by ballhawk
    Shouldn't it be "forgive me father"?
    Originally posted by Actualspambot.
    Lapsed Catholic here, the line is:
    "Bless me father for I have sinned. It has been X days since my last confession."

So... yea. The more you know.
    Sure looks like a lot of blessin' & forgivin' going on lol.
    Seeing as we're all 'fessing up' i figured I'd mention that the Ravens are on a pretty serious faith walk these days over at the Castle. You can tell the good Lord has them all fired up on the sideline and in every interview and press conference.

On the way to work in the morning I sometimes put Shine FM on the radio. It chills me out and helps me deal with the roadragers whenever i desperately want to choke the living ... outta somebody if ya know what i mean Anyways, this morning i tune in and they've got Ravens Chaplain Rod Hairston on the air. He said they had 45 players in church this past Sunday. They all got on their knees then one by one they fell to their faces to honor God and ask Him for the victory, that they might lift up His name to all the world.

Pretty powerful picture there guys - all our favorite players face down on the floor in a show of obedience and humility to their Maker.

I was going to take this past weekend off, but after that Denver game i knew i needed to be in church on Sunday lol. There's a lot of good feeling going on around here these days fellas. If you haven't been in awhile, you might want to consider visiting your favorite place of worship this week. Pretty sure your favorite team thinks it's a good idea too , or even just take the time to pray for something worthwhile with your family, or on your own.

Might do ya' a world of good.

God bless and Go Ravens!
    Last edited by Real Fan Dan; 01-23-2013 at 05:32 AM.
    If you break the rules you can't make the rules.
    - Remove Coach Tomlin from the NFL Competition committee.

I dont mind saying, whether you guys believe me or not, that I ALWAYS had faith. After the Denver debacle, I said to my friends, "The darkest hour is always just before the dawn. Watch..." And boom- I had so much faith in Jim Caldwell, I rode Joe Flacco to a fantasy championship, starting him over, guess who... Colin Kaepernick.... who I left on my bench...
    "Sorry officer, nothing wrong here. I'm just watching the Ravens game!"

Blog Entries

Anyone feel like beating me with the "You were wrong about Harbaugh stick" have at it

In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti, remittuntur tibi. Sed bandwagon Potes posteriora sedere.

You're welcome.
    "CARPE LOMBARDI"

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Anyone feel like beating me with the "You were wrong about Harbaugh stick" have at it
    A lot of us would have to hit ourselves first, while imposing self inflicting wounds with the "Flacco sucks sign Flynn" stick

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    I think it has everything to do with that defense getting healthy at the right time. And Joe breaking out of his slump during the Giants game.
    and Cam finally getting thrown out

When we look back at this year that's the 1 thing we're always going to point to as a key to the Ravens success.
    He Who Dares.....Wins

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Da Vida View Post
    A lot of us would have to hit ourselves first, while imposing self inflicting wounds with the "Flacco sucks sign Flynn" stick
    Well, I have always supported Joe Flacco and one of my biggest beefs with Harbaugh was Came Cameron, I never in my wildest dreams thought he would be fired, even if word around the campfire was Biscuit pushed for it. That being said, from a human perspective, sometime we fail (John) to see the shortcomings of our 'friends' (Cam) and it can often drag us down, even in professional football. I am sure John and Cam are great guys in real life, but in the business of football, the time had come where they no longer could co-exist and win a Super Bowl.

Furthermore, since the firing, I have to say, I have been impressed with John Harbaugh's coaching. I think Cam caused him to second guess himself on a lot of things, such as cutting Flacco loose. I always said if he proved me wrong, I would be John's biggest fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Well, I have always supported Joe Flacco and one of my biggest beefs with Harbaugh was Came Cameron, I never in my wildest dreams thought he would be fired, even if word around the campfire was Biscuit pushed for it. That being said, from a human perspective, sometime we fail (John) to see the shortcomings of our 'friends' (Cam) and it can often drag us down, even in professional football. I am sure John and Cam are great guys in real life, but in the business of football, the time had come where they no longer could co-exist and win a Super Bowl.

Furthermore, since the firing, I have to say, I have been impressed with John Harbaugh's coaching. I think Cam caused him to second guess himself on a lot of things, such as cutting Flacco loose. I always said if he proved me wrong, I would be John's biggest fan.

I have to admit to calling him JV John for years. The "Play Like a Raven" and "Mighty Men of Baltimore" crap drove me nuts. Turns out I was wrong, thankfully.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    and Cam finally getting thrown out

When we look back at this year that's the 1 thing we're always going to point to as a key to the Ravens success.
    Man, you gotta feel bad for the guy. Sure, it was his own fault and had to go, but NO ONE wants the turning point to be their dismissal. Hopefully he gets something positive out of it and learns from his mistakes but I have my doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Da Vida View Post
    I have to admit to calling him JV John for years. The "Play Like a Raven" and "Mighty Men of Baltimore" crap drove me nuts. Turns out I was wrong, thankfully.
    Well, I am sure a bunch of players just roll their eyes at those statements...just like I am sure a bunch of players roll their eyes at Ray Lewis' speeches.

But the bottom line is if the guy saying those things is truly speaking from the heart, or is he just saying BS things to try and get people motivated.

Lewis is very religious. Harbaugh (also very religious) is also very corny. But both of them truly mean what they say and they walk the walk.

That is all that really matters.