Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens Money Grab - Shafts PSL Holders

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    The Ravens allotment was 12,500 seats. You can immediately take almost 2000 off that number thanks to a 1:1 ration for SUITE holders (not clubs). 119 suites x 15 tickets per suite.

Now, the stadium has almost 9,000 club seats and over 3000 club seat PSL holders). The lottery is weighted heavily in the club level PSL holders favor. 1:2 is my guess. So that right there knocks out another 3000 SB tickets.. Now your're down to about 8000 seats for "the rest of us". outside of club level you still have over 20,000 PSL holders. No, I didn't stutter. If the Ravens awarded everyone left with SB tickets, they would need almost 50,000 tickets. But you see there are only 8,000 left.. So the Ravens do one more lottery at a 1:5 ratio..

I don't know if my numbers are exact but they are very close and I do know people who work for the team and this is pretty much how it has been explained to me.
    Then let them publish the detailed information and data about what happened to the tickets, so there are no conspiracy theories. Remember, the concern I raised is when I got the e-mail about not winning the lottery, I was directed to a RAVENS PARTNER who on their website had TICKET ONLY PACKAGES. Where did they get these tickets? I couldn't sleep because I was so excited about the Ravens winning and was up when the e-mail came in. When I went to the website that night there was literally THOUSANDS of tickets available for $2,100+++.

So for all of those doubters out there. Answer this question. The OFFICIAL Ticket exchange service for the NFL is the NFL Ticket Exchange run by Ticketmaster. If the tickets on the PRIME SPORT website did not come from the Ravens allotment, then WHY would the NFL give the tickets to PRIME SPORT to sell rather than the OFFICIAL ticket exchange for the NFL? Inquiring minds want to know!

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

I hate to sound like an old fart (okay, maybe I don't!), but I'll speak my piece.

Back when I was a Ute (50's and 60's), and a BALTIMORE Colts fan, there seemed to be a different sense of "fanship" and connection to one's home team. I've always commented that I felt like I "lost my innocence" when Irsay took over the team, shat on the community and moved the franchise. At that point, and I probably couldn;t articulate my feelings for many more years, the wonder, awe, youthful joy, whatever, went out of the whole "I'm a fan of the BALTIMORE Colts" thing. It became a business, not a sport.

Conclusion: I feel your pain in not being able to strongly compete for SB tix, but that's business.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Would you take someone from here who was also a member of the Baltimore Marching Ravens band?

HEY T - Wasn't there a poster or two from the old RN 2, now Scout, that won the lottery tics? There weren't many, just
    like only 1 poster on this thread.

One pal got face value tics from someone in the media he knew and a pal from Nest 1 bought 2 tics from E-Bay for
    a grand each. He got sick down there the night before the game partying and was sick as a dog. He was in the stadium's
    clinic before the game. HIs dad was outside and a Giants fan offered him $2500 for each tic. He though hard and long
    but said no. His son came out and was OK and then went to the game but he could have made $5,000.

A lot of guys like you went down just for the parties all week. WJZ had a big party hosted by Denise Koch and Marty.

Fan Man of Nest 1 went w/o any tics. He was just walking along in his Ravens costume and a TV station saw him and
    asked if he wanted to go on a quiz show. The winner got two free tics. He jumped at it. He went vs some dumb chick
    who knew nothing about football but Fan Man answered all the questions and won free tics but the rest of you
    guys weren't so lucky. I couldnt stand being that close to the game and not being able to go in.

My cousin lives in Tampa and got me a job pushing carts for Aerosmith during the half time show. I would have been on
    the field by the stage and on the sideline before the half but got pneumonia a few days before the game and couldn't
    go.

Quote Originally Posted by ManfredHanover View Post
    So for all of those doubters out there. Answer this question. The OFFICIAL Ticket exchange service for the NFL is the NFL Ticket Exchange run by Ticketmaster. If the tickets on the PRIME SPORT website did not come from the Ravens allotment, then WHY would the NFL give the tickets to PRIME SPORT to sell rather than the OFFICIAL ticket exchange for the NFL? Inquiring minds want to know!
    I see your point.
    But I think your issue is with the NFL in general not with the Ravens administration.
    Very true, last week there were tons of tickets for sale on stubhub at $2000 - without the teams selected. Why sell to Primetime or brokers when the average joe really wants to go ...

Grapes must be really sour for you. Sorry but while your questions are valid your frustration is being vented in the wrong direction.

The answer is simple and obvious -- outsourcing.

Yes, Ticketmaster is the entity that runs the NFL Ticket Exchange but they farm out some stuff just like almost every other company on the planet.

When I bought my tickets this year, I went through the Ticket Exchange but when I got my confirmation email, it came from Tickets Now. I called the next morning and was told, very frankly, that Ticketmaster will hire other ticket brokers to sell big ticket items. I ran into this same thing when I bought tickets for U2 back in 2009 for a show in Ireland.

So if you're going to be mad, be mad at the NFL. They got into the secondary market business and this is the result. They are basically reselling their own tickets at the secondary market prices.

I feel zero empathy for the whiny OP... Do you believe men walked on the moon, or are you one of those people who see conspiracies everywhere?

Great discussion about how tickets are parsed out. Very enlightening. Thank you to those who have offered insight.

ManfredMunchausen, you are attempting to create a story where none exists. Quit your bitchin'.

The Superbowl is not held for the fans of the teams that are participating. It is held as a thank you to the companies that spend 3 million for 30 seconds of advertising. Yes, fans can get tickets through the secondary market if they want to pay through the nose, and a select few fans will win the ticket lottery, but let's not act like $850 is a bargain to watch a sporting event. I would say over half of the people that attend the Superbowl don't even have a real rooting interest. This is why the NFL is reluctant to hold the event in open air cold weather stadiums. This is why you have the silly half-time show.

iggyman555 Guest

my coworker has 2 friends that work at cbs, they both got all expense paid trips to the super bowl, only one of them is a football fan

iggyman555 Guest

105.7 says that the ravens released a 2nd batch of tickets to psl holders

Quote Originally Posted by ravenfever_com View Post
    Would be very interesting to hear if any PSL Holders were selected for SuperBowl Tickets and how much they had to fork over for the "Right" and/or "Privilege" to watch the Ravens play live.

If you did get tickets at "Face Value" (value means something I guess) how much was it and how many could you purchase?
    A guy who was on my Same Day charter bus to/from Foxboro checked his email at one point on the ride home, and had won 2. A big thrill for him and his 54 "new best buddies," and we got to see what the correspondance & prices looked like.

I had never won squat from the Ravens as a [4] PSL holder since 2007, despite early payment in full each year for that lottery, and requesting extra home playoff tix the last 2 years. Well blow me down - I won the right to purchase 2 extra endzone corner tix to the Wild Card this year. Which I promptly bought and then sold [to a cop of all people]for a quick $200 profit.

I knew that was all my luck for the year and probably a few years to come.