Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens Money Grab - Shafts PSL Holders

Quote Originally Posted by ravenfever_com View Post
    Would be very interesting to hear if any PSL Holders were selected for SuperBowl Tickets and how much they had to fork over for the "Right" and/or "Privilege" to watch the Ravens play live.

If you did get tickets at "Face Value" (value means something I guess) how much was it and how many could you purchase?
    I am a psl owner and did not get selected however I know of two other psl owners who were selected for Super Bowl tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensDomination View Post
    One day if I hit the lottery, and the Ravens make the Super Bowl in the same year, I will take 50 people from here!
    Would you take someone from here who was also a member of the Baltimore Marching Ravens band?
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Complaining about it on the internet, while not canceling your season tickets or impacting their bottom line in any way will show 'em!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    There's nothing for the team to hold back. That's the point.

Tickets come from the league. The "allotment" is set by the league. When PSL holders get selected, you buy the tickets from the league.

Yeah, but there is a difference between face value the league accepts and the value in the secondary market. This is where someone with access to tickets at the former prices can make money by selling the tickets at the latter prices. So the issue is who gets access to tickets at the former prices, i.e. who is in charge of determining that (I assumed the Ravens, when it comes to Ravens fans PSL lotteries, etc, but I may be wrong).

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    No offense, but the OP was pretty naive to send this. A Super Bowl is not like a Ravens home game or even a conference championship game. Each NFL team receives an allotment of tickets. A shitload of tickets go directly to NFL affiliates, VIPs, corporate sponsors and networks...and to NFL office and friends of the NFL. I don't know the exact allocation, but once it's said and done about 75% goes to all NFL teams, which they distribute to fans as they deem fit. The two participating teams receive the biggest percentage, each getting about 17 percent of the tickets available.

So the Ravens may get about 9,000 tickets. Understand that suite holders are guaranteed 1:1. The rest are heavily weighted to club seat holders. So the odds of your average upper level seat holder winning is very small. And prices are set by the league office. And Steve Bisciotti doesn't control the secondary market.

NOTE: THE RAVENS GET 17.5 PERCENT OF THE TICKETS AT THE SUPERDOME. That is around 13,000. The other 35 percent of the tickets goes to the other NFL teams. 1 percent to a lottery held for anyone (see NFL.com). The balance to corporate sponsors.

Blog Entries

I also know a PSL holder (not suite) who got tickets...

You can be pissed about it, but I don't think the Ravens are doing anything underhanded. PSL owners are getting the seats, just that there's many many MANY more PSL holders than there are tickets available to them.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Im pretty ignorant on the whole idea but wasnt there a commercial of four dudes that never missed a superbowl? If its all lottery process, whether by team or nfl, how the hell did that happen?
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Im pretty ignorant on the whole idea but wasnt there a commercial of four dudes that never missed a superbowl? If its all lottery process, whether by team or nfl, how the hell did that happen?
    Rich motherfuckers... see stubhub.com

Quote Originally Posted by ManfredHanover View Post
    NOTE: THE RAVENS GET 17.5 PERCENT OF THE TICKETS AT THE SUPERDOME. That is around 13,000. The other 35 percent of the tickets goes to the other NFL teams. 1 percent to a lottery held for anyone (see NFL.com). The balance to corporate sponsors.
    So?

How is any of this Bisciotti's fault?
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Rich motherfuckers... see stubhub.com
    I have heard that Ravens' psl owners who were lottery winners are also cashing in on selling their tickets on Stubhub and Craigs List. It is their choice. I wouldn't but can't blame anyone selling the tickets for a profit in this economy.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    So?

How is any of this Bisciotti's fault?
    I think he is implying that a very small percentage of the 13,000 seats designated to the Ravens organization (to do with what they wish? still not sure if there are any league-mandated rules regarding each team's allocation) are 'given' to season ticket holders (cost: face value) by way of a lottery. Again, not saying he is right or agree with the premise, but I think that is the gripe.

In short how many of the 13,000 tickets does everyone believe are put into the Ravens PSL 'lottery?'

10,000?
    7,000?
    2,000?
    500?

etc

I haven't a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    while i understand the frustration...if you're going to scold/lecture someone, the least you could do is spell his name correctly.

Just saying...
    you are correct. Auto-correct changed the spelling. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by ManfredHanover View Post
    Sponsor: a person or an organization that pays for or plans and carries out a project or activity.

Yes, while us PSL holders pay for our season tickets, I can guarantee you that the corporate sponsors of the Ravens pay much, much more. So they get the tickets.

Again, I am not arguing the morality of basically shutting out the common fan from the game, but the Super Bowl (at least after #3) was never set-up to be something for the common fan and never will be. That's business and that's the way of the world.

The tickets are allocated 17.5 to each team in the SuperBowl and then 30 percent among the other thirty teams. 1 percent in a yearly open to all lottery. The balance is for corporate sponsors such as FORD, ANESHEUR BUSH, CHRYSLER, ETC. So given the BILLIONS in TV contracts, it would be illogical for the tickets to have come from any place other than the Ravens allotment. There is one simple way to clear the issue up, have the Ravens be transparent about how many tickets there were, and who got them. How about a list of lottery winners by section of the stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    This from an article a few years ago:

Thomas Henschel is a Steelers fan who has lived in Chicago, Miami Springs and now in Tampa. The Super Bowl fever struck him when he was an airline ticket agent at Chicago's O'Hare Airport.

``I worked at the airport in the daytime and at night I was a part-time bartender,'' Henschel said. ``And outside of O'Hare was this bar called Some Other Place and all these flight attendants would flock there.

``So in came these ballplayers chasing these women and I met a lot of these ballplayers. I got tickets to the Cubs games, the Bears games. I got tickets given to me for the first couple of Super Bowls.''

He was hooked. And once he attended five, 10 games, there was no choice but keep going.

``There were years we had to pay scalpers,'' Henschel said. ``I'm talking about $1,200-1,400 apiece for tickets.

Fortunately, the last 14 years, the NFL found out about us and has been sending us the invoice for tickets at face value.
    ''
    http://www.wsaw.com/home/headlines/83632877.html