Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: Ravens Money Grab - Shafts PSL Holders

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    All along his gripe was that in less than 24 hours after the Ravens made the SB, the team was directing people to a Broker who was selling tickets at 3+ times face value. That seems too quick of a turn around for the tickets to have come from a secondary source.
    Here is something you should know, these brokers sell tickets they do not have. Sure, they have some, but will continue to sell more than they have and go buy more as they sell.

I don't believe the Ravens have sold tickets to Prime Sports for them to resell. My guess is whomever answered the phone doesn't have a clue. If this were the truth I would tend to agree with you that it is a sham by the Ravens. But I doubt the veracity of the claim they get tickets direct from the Ravens. At least not the ones allocated by the NFL for fans of the team.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    I understand his point that the Ravens should come forward if tickets were given to a broker to sell. If they did then a lot of explaining would need to be done. It would be nice to know the breakdown of the tickets. If it was weighted towards club seat holders, where was the consideration for long time season ticket holders?? Being a 17 yr holder was my chances any better than someone who purchased 2 yrs ago?? It really is moot on my part after knowing all the expense involved. Hope for back to back appearances because New York is a 4 hr drive.
    The length of PSL ownership has no bearing as far as I could tell.

Suites are guaranteed a number. Club holders have more chances in the lottery. It doesn't matter how long you have had them.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I don't believe the Ravens have sold tickets to Prime Sports for them to resell. My guess is whomever answered the phone doesn't have a clue. If this were the truth I would tend to agree with you that it is a sham by the Ravens. But I doubt the veracity of the claim they get tickets direct from the Ravens. At least not the ones allocated by the NFL for fans of the team.
    At the end of the day, the Ravens are under no obligation (that I know of) to distribute their share directly to fans. But I do agree that they should not be selling them to brokers at a profit. That would be bad for an organization that usually does the "right thing".

Maybe the OP should call the NFL Offices and ask that question first, and then contact the Ravens PR staff.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Here is something you should know, these brokers sell tickets they do not have. Sure, they have some, but will continue to sell more than they have and go buy more as they sell.

Interesting. How do they sell specific seat assignments before they have the ticket? How could they possibly reasonably count on eventually getting the exact seat they need to provide to someone who already bought it from them? I don't doubt these guys play fast and loose, I am just trying to understand the process.
    EDIT: Looks like they only get as specific as the row; I suppose that could be doable, though still risky

And yes, the guy on the phone's claim cannot be fully trusted, but I guess I am trying to see the motivation to lie. Then again, saying "they are directly from the Ravens" could be seen as a selling point I suppose.

I personally couldn't care less if the Ravens did try to cash in on the extra seat allocations due to us making the game, but I can see how some would care. And of course the Ravens could simply provide the information (how many tickets lotteried, how much club PSLs are advantaged), but that might create as many complaints as it solves.
    Last edited by Haloti92; 01-24-2013 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I reread his original rant and all of his replies, He did move the goalposts. Sorry if my question directed at someone else offended you.
    It didn't offend me at all. It was irrelevant, and I pointed that out. I still have no idea why anyone would ask that question considering the conversation.

As for goalposts. Nope, no movement at all. Explaining yourself is not moving the goalposts. The original goalpost remains, right where it always has been. And as for people lying about his questions being answered. Check. As for rude defensive pile-ons that kept missing the point. Check.

I don't believe the Ravens have sold tickets to Prime Sports for them to resell. My guess is whomever answered the phone doesn't have a clue.
    The person who answered the phone, after talking to ManfredMunchhausen for 45 minutes, was tired and wanted to get him off the phone since he was clearly not going to buy tickets, and told him what he wanted to hear - that the Ravens gave them the tickets. There is the smoking gun! There is the truth! What a load of bullshit!

Haloti92, Manfred is getting the type of response he deserves. His tone and demeanor throughout this temper tantrum is bitter, whiny and immature. You can defend him and rag me if you want, but I'll call it like I see it with no regrets.

Again, sell your damn PSLs, Manfred, if you are so upset. Prime Sports gets their tickets from sources other than the Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom View Post
    The person who answered the phone, after talking to ManfredMunchhausen for 45 minutes, was tired and wanted to get him off the phone since he was clearly not going to buy tickets, and told him what he wanted to hear - that the Ravens gave them the tickets. There is the smoking gun! There is the truth! What a load of bullshit!

Haloti92, Manfred is getting the type of response he deserves. His tone and demeanor throughout this temper tantrum is bitter, whiny and immature. You can defend him and rag me if you want, but I'll call it like I see it with no regrets.

Again, sell your damn PSLs, Manfred, if you are so upset. Prime Sports gets their tickets from sources other than the Ravens.
    Everyone is calling it like they see it. The issue is whether one needs to blatantly lie while calling it like they see it (like claiming his questions have been answered) or whether one needs to be an asshole while calling it like they see it (like questioning people's support of the team for no reason whatsoever).

And as of yet, I have nothing other than random people's equally uninformed opinions as to where these brokers got their tickets so soon after the teams were decided. Of course some of people like to state their opinion as fact, for what reason I have no idea, but it still doesn't count as a settled answer. This applies to how many tickets the Ravens lotteried and how much club PSL owners get favored in the process, as well