Ravens Money Grab - Shafts PSL Holders

January 21, 2013

Mr. Steve Biscotti
    Baltimore Ravens
    1101 Russell St
    Baltimore MD 21230
    RE: Shame on You
    Dear Mr. Biscotti:
    I am a 17 year Ravens season tickets/Personal Seat License holder (I have 4 PSLs). I am writing today because I feel that your organization is providing an injustice to loyal fans like myself.
    I grew up in Detroit and as a young kid my father took me to every Detroit Lions home game from 1966 to 1978. Some of the greatest memories of my childhood were from going to the football games with my father (and sometimes grandfather also). That is why when it was announced that the Ravens were moving to Baltimore I was estatic.
    When the Baltimore Sun published where to write to get your name on the season ticket list, it was a Sunday. I prepared a letter and drove to the main post office downtown that night to make sure my letter was received the next day. At the time I was not married nor did I have any children, but I hoped that some day I would and that I would be able to take them to NFL Football games, and dreamed of going someday to the SuperBowl. Paying for the PSL was difficult. I got a second job so I could pay the cost of the PSL. In 2001 I got married and in 2003 my first child was born (a son) and a second son was born in 2007. I have been taking my oldest son to games since he was 3. The first game he went to we beat the Chargers on a last minute touch down by Todd Heap.

At 12:32am on 1/21/13 I got an e-mail saying that I was not selected. Since I have two accounts I sent an e-mail saying that I did not receive an e-mail on the second account and could they check if I had won. The e-mail said I had not but that I should check with your travel partner . All through out the day I was exchanging e-mails with people I know that own PSLs and no one I know won the ticket lottery. When I went to your travel partner page, there was a section for TICKETS AND EVENTS ONLY. On that page there were hundreds of tickets for sale starting at $2,500.

Shame on you. This is completely unfair to us loyal fans that hundreds of tickets are being sold at $2,500+ which clearly must have come from the Ravens allocation of Super Bowl tickets, rather than making them available to loyal fans like me. I have religiously paid for my tickets in full as soon as I get the bill (regular season or playoffs) for 17 years.
    What does this say about your organization, that rather than help your loyal fans go to the Super Bowl by allowing them to buy tickets at face value, your organization uses the fantastic once in lifetime opportunity to stick it to loyal fans.

Since this is clearly all about the money, I expect that loyal fans like me will also be hit with a massive season ticket increase.
    Shame on you.

Re: Ravens Money Grab - Shafts PSL Holders

Would be very interesting to hear if any PSL Holders were selected for SuperBowl Tickets and how much they had to fork over for the "Right" and/or "Privilege" to watch the Ravens play live.

If you did get tickets at "Face Value" (value means something I guess) how much was it and how many could you purchase?

"It is not how you play the game that matters... It is Winning The Super Bowl that counts"... Rumor Ray

Baltimore Has 10 Pro Football Championships!
    Baltimore Colts [NFL] in 1958, 1959, 1968, and 1970
    Baltimore Stars [USFL] in 1985
    Baltimore Stallions [CFL] in 1995
    Baltimore Ravens [NFL] in 2000 and 2012
    Baltimore Mariners [AIFA] in 2010
    Baltimore Mariners [AIF] in 2014

Blog Entries

While I understand the frustration...if you're going to scold/lecture someone, the least you could do is spell his name correctly.

Just saying...
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    while i understand the frustration...if you're going to scold/lecture someone, the least you could do is spell his name correctly.

Just saying...
    you are correct. Auto-correct changed the spelling. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenfever_com View Post
    Would be very interesting to hear if any PSL Holders were selected for SuperBowl Tickets and how much they had to fork over for the "Right" and/or "Privilege" to watch the Ravens play live.

If you did get tickets at "Face Value" (value means something I guess) how much was it and how many could you purchase?
    Only one I've heard of here who was successful was Captain Offense, and apparently face value was $850 per ticket. Assume it's a max 2 tickets per PSL holder.

Blog Entries

Super Bowl seats are for rich folk silly rabbit.

I can't fault the Ravens for not making all the tickets available to PSL holders. There were plenty of people that didn't win the tickets in the lottery so holding a pool of tickets for general sale makes sense. I'm even good with the price, if they were lower than what they are going for on stubhub or ticketmaster people would just buy them and resell them.

Blog Entries

Are we sure that the Ravens travel partners got their tickets from the Ravens allotment? The OP says that it is clearly the case but is it really?

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Are we sure that the Ravens travel partners got their tickets from the Ravens allotment? The OP says that it is clearly the case but is it really?
    I'm pretty sure that's not the case. I recall reading somewhere how the travel partners get their allottment but for the life of me I can't recall what I read in that piece. Only way travel partners get any tickets is if they are considered "corporate sponsors". Then perhaps there's some truth to what the OP says

I have two facebook friends that I know of that won the lottery. 2 tix each and they were both $1750.00 for the pair

$850 Face is a Value! Would be nice to Dream! LOL I would agree that the Official Partner Deal is way better then taking a risk of not having a real ticket. To many people get burned every year on Super Bowl Deals so to know you have a REAL Ticket and a flight to the game is awesome. NO Airport will be crazy to get into. Gulfport-Biloxi Airport (http://www.flygpt.com/) is a close ride (45 mins) away and might offer easier arrival and departures.

"It is not how you play the game that matters... It is Winning The Super Bowl that counts"... Rumor Ray

Baltimore Has 10 Pro Football Championships!
    Baltimore Colts [NFL] in 1958, 1959, 1968, and 1970
    Baltimore Stars [USFL] in 1985
    Baltimore Stallions [CFL] in 1995
    Baltimore Ravens [NFL] in 2000 and 2012
    Baltimore Mariners [AIFA] in 2010
    Baltimore Mariners [AIF] in 2014

Another guy who used to participate here just informed me that he won two face value tickets.

I share the OP's frustration. I have had as many as three PSL accounts (down to two) and have yet to hit on the various Ravens SB tix lotteries going back to 2001. However, the OP jumps to a conclusion that the travel partner gets an allotment of tickets. Based on my knowledge of the "system" and some of the individuals involved, I believe the OP's scenario is incorrect. Go ahead, admonish some of the suite-holders who get automatic tickets, or corporate sponsors whose employees have no interest in the game, or more likely: NFL players from the 30 other teams who are looking to make a quick buck (remember the former Lions coach + UMd alumnus who got caught with his hand in the cookie jar a few years back?)
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).