Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens Money Grab - Shafts PSL Holders

Keep in mind that each player, coach, and probably other Ravens' workers get the opportunity to buy Super Bowl tickets. Wouldn't these tickets have to come out of the Ravens' pool of tickets leaving the remaining tickets for the psl lottery.

So where is it published on any website anywhere what the rules are? That is my point. I have never seen anything that says that Suite Owners get a ticket every time. Why is it fair that persons that got tickets to Tampa get this again? Remember, I have paid a lot of money to this team. $7,400 for 4 PSLs and now my season tickets are $3800 a year. In 17 years, I figure that I have paid the Ravens over $40,000. What is that "chopped liver"? There is no way that the tickets posted on their travel agent website (on their website) did not get the tickets from the Ravens allotment.

Quote Originally Posted by ManfredHanover View Post
    So where is it published on any website anywhere what the rules are? That is my point. I have never seen anything that says that Suite Owners get a ticket every time. Why is it fair that persons that got tickets to Tampa get this again? Remember, I have paid a lot of money to this team. $7,400 for 4 PSLs and now my season tickets are $3800 a year. In 17 years, I figure that I have paid the Ravens over $40,000. What is that "chopped liver"? There is no way that the tickets posted on their travel agent website (on their website) did not get the tickets from the Ravens allotment.
    The two lottery winners that I know personally have seats in the lower section and the other in an upper section. Someone I know who has club seats did not get SB tickets and they have paid a pretty penny for all these years. All in all it looks like there just aren't enough for every psl holder to get Super Bowl tickets after ticket commitments are filled for the Ravens' organization. Also there are several ticket brokers who have many tickets are psl holders and were eligible for the lottery.

4. Re: Ravens Money Grab - Shafts PSL Holders

Quote Originally Posted by Bufflehead View Post
    "Lucky' to win the lottery here. Trying to figure out if I can make it work and get down there. I went to Tampa and its obviously something I will never forget.
    I am a PSl owner who did not win the lottery, if you cannot go and would like to sell your tickets please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by ManfredHanover View Post
    So where is it published on any website anywhere what the rules are? That is my point. I have never seen anything that says that Suite Owners get a ticket every time.
    Bolded below. http://www.baltimoreravens.com/gamed...ite-level.html

20 or 24 tickets to all Ravens home games, depending on suite location
    Four (4) premium parking permits located in our on-site parking lots
    Option to purchase two (2) additional parking permits for the season
    Option to purchase up to ten (10) Additional Suite Tickets for each Ravens home game
    Option to purchase up to ten (10) Suite Guest Passes for each Ravens home game for guests who already have tickets to the game
    Opportunity to have up to six (6) guests join a pre-game guided tour on the Visitors sideline prior to each Ravens home game
    Invitation to private VIP events including the annual Suite Owners Away Trip, State of the Ravens with John Harbaugh and Ozzie Newsome, and VIP Day at Training Camp
    $400 in Ravens Bucks to be used toward the purchase of concessions or merchandise for guests over the course of the season
    Exclusive discount to the Baltimore Ravens Team Store for all your apparel needs
    Option to request Away Game Tickets
    Priority option to purchase up to eight (8) Super Bowl Packages including hotel, airfare, and tickets when the Ravens are in the Super Bowl
    More info: http://www.baltimoreravens.com/gamed...t-lottery.html

The Baltimore Ravens held a random lottery for Super Bowl tickets in which selected PSL Owners had the opportunity to purchase a limited number of Super Bowl tickets. All PSL Owners were included in this lottery and entered once for each PSL owned. The lottery was also weighted so Club Level PSL Owners had a greater opportunity to be selected. Selected accounts received the opportunity to purchase two (2) tickets and were notified via email and by checking My Ravens Ticket Account once the game was guaranteed.
    Why is it fair that persons that got tickets to Tampa get this again? Remember, I have paid a lot of money to this team. $7,400 for 4 PSLs and now my season tickets are $3800 a year. In 17 years, I figure that I have paid the Ravens over $40,000. What is that "chopped liver"?
    Well...in the scheme of things...it is.

Consider, the cheapest club level seat (corner endzones) are $1700 per season. If you are suite holder and you are paying for at least 20 seats, that is $34K right there, for one season....buying the cheapest seats, and the minimum number. I bet you there are suite holders that drop over $100K on the Ravens in a season. And yeah, if that is me, I better be getting the option to purchase a SB ticket.
    Last edited by JohnBKistler; 01-22-2013 at 03:45 PM.

Blog Entries

Just curious...but you figure if they got 13,000 tickets and there are what...close to 80,000 seats at M&T?

I have no idea how many PSL owners there are at M&T, but let's just figuratively say that every seat is owned and each PSL owner has 4 seats. So, that is 20,000 PSL owners (give or take). It is probable that every player and coach gets a couple of tickets...probably 4-6 tickets per player/coach...so that is probably close to 2,000 tickets right there. That isn't including facilitators, front office, upper management, etc.

After all of that, you're probably looking at maybe 5,000 tickets actually available for PSL owners. Even if 1 PSL owner received 1 ticket, that is still 15,000 PSL owners who don't get a ticket. It is more probable that they give two tickets for each PSL owner who wins the lottery, so that is actually closer to 18,000 owners who won't get tickets.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Keep moving those outrage goal posts.

Still trying to figure out how any of this Bisciotti's fault.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    This from an article a few years ago:

http://www.wsaw.com/home/headlines/83632877.html
    well there you go, thanks for the article.
    -JAB

Tickets to the Super Bowl are not for Joe Fan - they are for Corporate Expense Account fat cats.

$850 face value is ridiculous when it comes to someone working for a living; but when you can put it on a expense account for a company and then that company writes the whole thing off as 'deductable' entertainment expense - now you are talking!

I just want the record to show that the URL posted by the Ravens about the ticket lottery was posted today 1/22/13 (go to the webpage, and go to properties to view the posting date) NOT BEFORE THE DRAWING and after my complaint letter to the Ravens. I would also note that when I bought my original PSL I was specifically told by the Ravens ticket staff that everyone would have an equal chance at getting a SB ticket if we made it. My tickets in Section 121 are $110 a game so why does someone paying $1,700 rather than $1,100 get a better shot and why if they won the ticket lottery in 2001 they get another ticket chance? Where was this in the PSL contract we signed? Again all I am asking the Ravens is for transparency. How many tickets did you get, and specifically how were they allocated. A list of lottery winners by Section would be nice to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Would you take someone from here who was also a member of the Baltimore Marching Ravens band?
    Of course I would, I love the band! :liar:

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Just curious...but you figure if they got 13,000 tickets and there are what...close to 80,000 seats at M&T?

I have no idea how many PSL owners there are at M&T, but let's just figuratively say that every seat is owned and each PSL owner has 4 seats. So, that is 20,000 PSL owners (give or take). It is probable that every player and coach gets a couple of tickets...probably 4-6 tickets per player/coach...so that is probably close to 2,000 tickets right there. That isn't including facilitators, front office, upper management, etc.

After all of that, you're probably looking at maybe 5,000 tickets actually available for PSL owners. Even if 1 PSL owner received 1 ticket, that is still 15,000 PSL owners who don't get a ticket. It is more probable that they give two tickets for each PSL owner who wins the lottery, so that is actually closer to 18,000 owners who won't get tickets.
    Exactly. Once you factor in tickets for the owner and upper level staff, the FO, the coaches, players and corporate sponsors, there's likely very little left..........then, the Suite holders, then the club level, then the "regular" PSL holders.

There's simply not that many to go around.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap