Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens Money Grab - Shafts PSL Holders

Another guy who used to participate here just informed me that he won two face value tickets.

I share the OP's frustration. I have had as many as three PSL accounts (down to two) and have yet to hit on the various Ravens SB tix lotteries going back to 2001. However, the OP jumps to a conclusion that the travel partner gets an allotment of tickets. Based on my knowledge of the "system" and some of the individuals involved, I believe the OP's scenario is incorrect. Go ahead, admonish some of the suite-holders who get automatic tickets, or corporate sponsors whose employees have no interest in the game, or more likely: NFL players from the 30 other teams who are looking to make a quick buck (remember the former Lions coach + UMd alumnus who got caught with his hand in the cookie jar a few years back?)
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

I'm pretty sure the Ravens entire allotment goes to PSL holders. I think the ones you can buy from Primesport are allocated from the NFL themselves. But I could be wrong.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

So you bought PSLs with the "dream of going to the Super Bowl"? Sorry...but the only thing a PSL guarantees is that you are put into a lottery with the chance to win the right to buy them. I know of some "regular" fans that have won...but it is a long-shot to be sure.

I believe luxury suite owners are the only season ticket holders that are guaranteed the right to obtain Super Bowl tickets.

And there seems to be the implication that the Ravens have access to thousands upon thousands of SB tickets....and have put them up for sale on StubHub.

While the 2 teams may split up most of a stadium's seats for a college bowl game, that is just not the case with the Super Bowl. Do you know that every player and coach in the NFL is guaranteed to right to 2 Super Bowl tickets? Do you know that every team in the NFL is guaranteed a certain number of tickets? Then there are the broadcast partners, the business partners, the media, the advertisers, etc., etc., etc...I would be surprised if the Ravens had an allocation anywhere near 25% of the seats in the Super Dome.

The Super Bowl was never intended to be an event for the average fan to attend...that is just the way it is and has always been...you are free to moralize about how wrong that is in the great scheme of things....but if you really thought buying a PSL would fulfill your Super Bowl dream, than you really had some unrealistic expectations.

"Lucky' to win the lottery here. Trying to figure out if I can make it work and get down there. I went to Tampa and its obviously something I will never forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Another guy who used to participate here just informed me that he won two face value tickets.

I share the OP's frustration. I have had as many as three PSL accounts (down to two) and have yet to hit on the various Ravens SB tix lotteries going back to 2001. However, the OP jumps to a conclusion that the travel partner gets an allotment of tickets. Based on my knowledge of the "system" and some of the individuals involved, I believe the OP's scenario is incorrect. Go ahead, admonish some of the suite-holders who get automatic tickets, or corporate sponsors whose employees have no interest in the game, or more likely: NFL players from the 30 other teams who are looking to make a quick buck (remember the former Lions coach + UMd alumnus who got caught with his hand in the cookie jar a few years back?)
    Thought that was Mike Tice from the Vikings.

No offense, but the OP was pretty naive to send this. A Super Bowl is not like a Ravens home game or even a conference championship game. Each NFL team receives an allotment of tickets. A shitload of tickets go directly to NFL affiliates, VIPs, corporate sponsors and networks...and to NFL office and friends of the NFL. I don't know the exact allocation, but once it's said and done about 75% goes to all NFL teams, which they distribute to fans as they deem fit. The two participating teams receive the biggest percentage, each getting about 17 percent of the tickets available.

So the Ravens may get about 9,000 tickets. Understand that suite holders are guaranteed 1:1. The rest are heavily weighted to club seat holders. So the odds of your average upper level seat holder winning is very small. And prices are set by the league office. And Steve Bisciotti doesn't control the secondary market.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

And why is this a money grab?

The team doesn't set the secondary market price. They sell the tickets to the lottery winners at face value.

Blog Entries

Biscotti has nothing to do with it, not sure why the letter is directed to him

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    I would be surprised if the Ravens had an allocation anywhere near 25% of the seats in the Super Dome.
    I read, in SI I believe, that the teams get 17.9% of seats. not sure if that's total split or each but that's still jack but that's the way it works. Also, it is DEF worth the outlay for an official travel partner. When I started working here 11 years ago, one of the jobs the copy girls had up front was a lit job for a class action law suit against some guy selling phony SB trip packages for the 2000 Ravens SB. A whole busload of people ended up in the parking lot of the Clearwater mall (I lived a mile from there not 2 years before, lol) waiting for the cops. I believe they still got the opportunity to watch the game on TV somewhere though.

It does suck that the average Joe fan who spends thousands every year on PSL's, tailgating, etc. and has been around from the beginning has almost no realistic chance of going to the Super Bowl. I guess that's just the way it is. One day if I hit the lottery, and the Ravens make the Super Bowl in the same year, I will take 50 people from here!

Quote Originally Posted by Bufflehead View Post
    "Lucky' to win the lottery here. Trying to figure out if I can make it work and get down there. I went to Tampa and its obviously something I will never forget.
    If it doesn't work I would be happy to solve your ticket problem for you, as I'm sure 8000 other people would too.