Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 37 to 48 of 94
  1. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    College Station, TX
    Posts
    878
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: What They Are Saying About the Ravens- Super Bowl Edition



    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy_Carcetti View Post
    Predictably, Redskins fans are whining and moaning about the Ravens for the most part.

    http://www.extremeskins.com/showthre...and-Why/page12
    http://www.extremeskins.com/showthre...kins-vs-Ravens

    It's all the same B.S.: Smack about the fans being "whiny", claiming that Baltimore is an inferior city and/or has an inferiority complex, the whole "Ravens are the stolen Browns" tripe, calling Ray Lewis a "murderer", etc., etc. A few took issue with the Ravens team colors (Really? Because I find burgandy to be very depressing myself). They seem genuinely shocked that Ravens fans carry a grudge for Jack Kent Cooke trying to block the NFL's return to Baltimore.

    And they seem to love to drone on and on about the Redskins' "history" and their "national fanbase", both of which they claim Baltimore and the Ravens lack. But if we include Colts history (which there is no reason why we shouldn't), I'll take Unitas and Lewis as being more influential legendary players than anyone who has ever wore the Redskins uniform and the '58 Championship and '00 Purple Reign Defense as being better teams and championship games than anything the Redskins have given us.

    All I can say is that it must suck to be irrelevant for most of the past two decades where your greatest accomplishment has been going one-and-done in the playoffs and losing your star QB in the process. If the Ravens win this Super Bowl, the Redskins will have a grand total of one more SB win than us, and none since the Senior Bush administration. Say what you want about the Steelers, but at least they have some history to legitimately brag about, albiet annoyingly. The more Redskins fans insist it's the Ravens fans who have the inferiority complex, the more obvious it is that they are the ones who are suffering.

    Sorry--grew up in Southern MD when the Redskins were the only team in the area, so I have to hear all the time from Redskins fans. Never could stand that team. Baltimore was "my city" where my family grew up and I always identified with everything about it. DC, on the other hand, was the place I would go on class field trips every other year, and I had no interest in rooting for any of its teams.
    It's funny, in the Ravens' first years I would follow the Redskins, complain about their owner, root against them, etc. After SB35 this has been going ever down, and in the past few years I haven't even known when they are playing. It seems that the inferiority complex is now squarely on them.




  2. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,358

    Re: What They Are Saying About the Ravens- Super Bowl Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
    When I heard Tim Hasslebeck speak on Joe and continue to downplay his performance and fail to acknowledge his consistent performance since our OC change - I was ready to smack the shit out of him.

    I could not be a sports analyst, some of these analysts are just down-right re fucking tarded and do what ESPN tells them to say.
    Fixed
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  3. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    9,162
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: What They Are Saying About the Ravens- Super Bowl Edition

    They keep saying RG3 > Flacco. I don't know how a player can be better when he can't even play due to injury.




  4. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Nottingham, England
    Posts
    732

    Re: What They Are Saying About the Ravens- Super Bowl Edition

    Not sure if it's been brought up, but I was just reading John Clayton's latest 'effort', and in the introduction he writes "...This will be a Super Bowl battle between Colin Kaepernick and Joe Flacco, two of the most unlikely competitors...".

    Yes, because it's unlikely the QB that has played in 3 of the past 5 AFC Championship games would play in the Superbowl... Oh my days, the man is just a moron.
    I told everyone that if I went to Pittsburgh I would have to throw up on my jersey every time I played, - Double J will always be a Raven




  5. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Boston MA
    Posts
    791

    Re: What They Are Saying About the Ravens- Super Bowl Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy_Carcetti View Post
    Predictably, Redskins fans are whining and moaning about the Ravens for the most part.

    http://www.extremeskins.com/showthre...and-Why/page12
    http://www.extremeskins.com/showthre...kins-vs-Ravens

    It's all the same B.S.: Smack about the fans being "whiny", claiming that Baltimore is an inferior city and/or has an inferiority complex, the whole "Ravens are the stolen Browns" tripe, calling Ray Lewis a "murderer", etc., etc. A few took issue with the Ravens team colors (Really? Because I find burgandy to be very depressing myself). They seem genuinely shocked that Ravens fans carry a grudge for Jack Kent Cooke trying to block the NFL's return to Baltimore.

    And they seem to love to drone on and on about the Redskins' "history" and their "national fanbase", both of which they claim Baltimore and the Ravens lack. But if we include Colts history (which there is no reason why we shouldn't), I'll take Unitas and Lewis as being more influential legendary players than anyone who has ever wore the Redskins uniform and the '58 Championship and '00 Purple Reign Defense as being better teams and championship games than anything the Redskins have given us.

    All I can say is that it must suck to be irrelevant for most of the past two decades where your greatest accomplishment has been going one-and-done in the playoffs and losing your star QB in the process. If the Ravens win this Super Bowl, the Redskins will have a grand total of one more SB win than us, and none since the Senior Bush administration. Say what you want about the Steelers, but at least they have some history to legitimately brag about, albiet annoyingly. The more Redskins fans insist it's the Ravens fans who have the inferiority complex, the more obvious it is that they are the ones who are suffering.

    Sorry--grew up in Southern MD when the Redskins were the only team in the area, so I have to hear all the time from Redskins fans. Never could stand that team. Baltimore was "my city" where my family grew up and I always identified with everything about it. DC, on the other hand, was the place I would go on class field trips every other year, and I had no interest in rooting for any of its teams.
    Those threads are a riot.

    I have actually started to root a little for the Redskins because I feel a little sorry for them and can sypathize with where they are. They are the NFL's version of the Orioles. They are a once proud franchise that has been raped by an egomaniac billionaire owner who thought he could treat a real team as his own personal fantasy team. They have had so much mis-management over the past 15 years on the field and in the front office that their seasons consistantly turn into a comedy of errors and their long time fans have nothing to hold onto but glory long since faded. What used to be a great franchise has become such a joke that no worthwile free agent would consider going there because it looks like there is an engrained culture of losing. Like the Orioles, 2012 showed a glimmer of hope with new talent and a chance at the playoffs. I hope RGIII is OK and not ruined by Shanahan because they sold the farm to move up and get him. I think it was a good move unless his career is over.

    I am not jealous of the Redskin's history. The Ravens right now are a model franchise that consistantly makes the playoffs and is about to go to its second Superbowl. Their history is our present.




  6. #42

    Re: What They Are Saying About the Ravens- Super Bowl Edition

    Here's a Browns fan that would take Brandon Weeden over Flacco. No, I am not making this up.

    To be fair, he's getting slammed just as hard by the other Browns fans as he is by the few Ravens fans on the thread (which I am one).

    All things being equal, I would take Weeden over him, that is how little I think of Flacco.
    http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=149&f=1547&t=11201052




  7. #43

    Re: What They Are Saying About the Ravens- Super Bowl Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by somedumbguy View Post
    Those threads are a riot.

    I have actually started to root a little for the Redskins because I feel a little sorry for them and can sypathize with where they are. They are the NFL's version of the Orioles. They are a once proud franchise that has been raped by an egomaniac billionaire owner who thought he could treat a real team as his own personal fantasy team. They have had so much mis-management over the past 15 years on the field and in the front office that their seasons consistantly turn into a comedy of errors and their long time fans have nothing to hold onto but glory long since faded. What used to be a great franchise has become such a joke that no worthwile free agent would consider going there because it looks like there is an engrained culture of losing. Like the Orioles, 2012 showed a glimmer of hope with new talent and a chance at the playoffs. I hope RGIII is OK and not ruined by Shanahan because they sold the farm to move up and get him. I think it was a good move unless his career is over.

    I am not jealous of the Redskin's history. The Ravens right now are a model franchise that consistantly makes the playoffs and is about to go to its second Superbowl. Their history is our present.
    Agree with all.

    Every time I start to soften about my dislike of the Redskins organization, Redskins media, and Redskins fans, I read Extreme Skins to pull me back to reality.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).




  8. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    where my head touches the pillow
    Posts
    6,174
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: What They Are Saying About the Ravens- Super Bowl Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Here's a Browns fan that would take Brandon Weeden over Flacco. No, I am not making this up.

    To be fair, he's getting slammed just as hard by the other Browns fans as he is by the few Ravens fans on the thread (which I am one).



    http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=149&f=1547&t=11201052
    this is what happens when you drink that water from that lake..




  9. #45

    Re: What They Are Saying About the Ravens- Super Bowl Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Here's a Browns fan that would take Brandon Weeden over Flacco. No, I am not making this up.

    To be fair, he's getting slammed just as hard by the other Browns fans as he is by the few Ravens fans on the thread (which I am one).



    http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=149&f=1547&t=11201052
    I remember those boards!

    And that is one of the funniest posters I've seen.

    Not only did he say he'd take Weeden over Flacco, but he also said that Eli Manning wasn't a top 10 QB talent.

    And another poster said that Joe was like Kurt Warner, Troy Aikman and Eli..."better than average but not franchise level".
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




  10. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,237
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: What They Are Saying About the Ravens- Super Bowl Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I remember those boards!

    And that is one of the funniest posters I've seen.

    Not only did he say he'd take Weeden over Flacco, but he also said that Eli Manning wasn't a top 10 QB talent.

    And another poster said that Joe was like Kurt Warner, Troy Aikman and Eli..."better than average but not franchise level".
    ???????????

    you cant be serious lol




  11. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    590

    Re: What They Are Saying About the Ravens- Super Bowl Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    It's funny. While I am sure there is still a lot of angst towards the Redskins, Jack Kent Cooke, etc...it seems as if in the last few years, there has been much more vitriol directed at the Ravens from the Redskins fans than vice versa.

    From the multi-page threads on their message board, to Dan Steinberg's multi-posts about Ravens fans on the DC Sports Bog...it just seems like they are the one with the chip (or the bigger chip) on their should these days...
    Jealousy will do that to people. Our franchise is a classy and successfully run organization that goes to the post season pretty much every year unlike theirs until this year (which they were one and done). While we are preparing for the Superbowl, they are sitting on their sofas complaining about it. Gotta love Redskins fans




  12. #48

    Re: What They Are Saying About the Ravens- Super Bowl Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    ???????????

    you cant be serious lol

    lol...yes...check out that thread. Good stuff.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland