Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: What They Are Saying About the Ravens- Super Bowl Edition

Quote Originally Posted by goldenelite28 View Post
    I know from reading the atlantalife board that they do not want Flacco to win before Ryan.
    Help me find a link! lol.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Mike and Mike just predicted Ravens win and Flacco as the MVP. Reason was that no quarterback has ever put up 8 TDs and 0 INTs in the playoffs and not won the Superbowl and been named MVP.

I know from reading the atlantalife board that they do not want Flacco to win before Ryan.

Guess they are going to be pissed in 2 weeks then

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Help me find a link! lol.
    http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/top...they-will-say/

Some don't want Flacco to get a ring. Others want the 49ers to win because it makes their team look better.
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold

Let's compare their accomplishments and Flacco blows Ryan out of the water. Screw the Falcons' fans. Flacco WILL get a ring before Ryan as well as he should.

A couple of Ravens fans (none being me) have been having a running debate with Texan fans over the various rankings of the playoff QBs:

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...=97545&page=11

The thread started before the playoffs...so (if you have the time) it is interesting to see how the perception of Schaub (down) and Flacco (up..sorta) has changed as the playoffs have transpired.

Most seem reasonable in their analysis of Flacco...with many now giving him the respect he's earned. But their is also a very vocal segment that still sees Flacco as some sort of recipient of a great defense, and therefore really is no better than Schaub. They seem to place an inordinate amount of stock onto Flacco's (and the Ravens') horrific performance in Houston earlier this season.

And here is a general discussion on the Ravens and Texans...in particular in regards to their respective games against the Patriots.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98066

Many Texans fans are being reasonable and giving the Ravens credit/respect. But some are not. Again, I think for those that are not prepared to give the Ravens/Flacco credit, it goes back to how they demolished the Ravens in October and are now having a hard time understanding how that team is representing the AFC in the Super Bowl. I guess that is somewhat understandable...
    Last edited by JohnBKistler; 01-22-2013 at 12:06 PM.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    So far,

PTI: Michael Wilbon has certainly given respect to Joe Flacco. He admitted that he has been very critical of Joe Flacco in the past, but that Joe Flacco said he was Elite and that, while he won't call Flacco elite, he's has stepped up big time.

Around the Horn: Very complimentary about the Ravens as a whole. Unanimous that they didn't like the high spikes from Brady.

Mike and Mike in the Morning: High praise for Flacco from Greenberg and Golic. Chris Carter and Tim Hasslebeck continued to be the assholes they've painted themselves to be. Hasslebeck, in particular, screams jealousy and denial, not wanting to admit that he was wrong.

Kurt Warner: Won't necessarily go into whether or not Joe is elite, but said that Joe will be paid and has earned every penny.
    kurt is a little upset that quan said flacco is the best QB he has played with...but he says that quan texted him and they are still friend and he loved quan

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    kurt is a little upset that quan said flacco is the best QB he has played with...but he says that quan texted him and they are still friend and he loved quan
    To be fair, Boldin said "most talented".

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    To be fair, Boldin said "most talented".
    yea. the nfl network guys are giving kurt crap overt, but he is taking it fine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e73dFX9dHkA

Not that anyone accepts his opinion (he's a moron), just really funny how he's running out of excuses and won't admit his own stupidity

Predictably, Redskins fans are whining and moaning about the Ravens for the most part.

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthre...and-Why/page12
    http://www.extremeskins.com/showthre...kins-vs-Ravens

It's all the same B.S.: Smack about the fans being "whiny", claiming that Baltimore is an inferior city and/or has an inferiority complex, the whole "Ravens are the stolen Browns" tripe, calling Ray Lewis a "murderer", etc., etc. A few took issue with the Ravens team colors (Really? Because I find burgandy to be very depressing myself). They seem genuinely shocked that Ravens fans carry a grudge for Jack Kent Cooke trying to block the NFL's return to Baltimore.

And they seem to love to drone on and on about the Redskins' "history" and their "national fanbase", both of which they claim Baltimore and the Ravens lack. But if we include Colts history (which there is no reason why we shouldn't), I'll take Unitas and Lewis as being more influential legendary players than anyone who has ever wore the Redskins uniform and the '58 Championship and '00 Purple Reign Defense as being better teams and championship games than anything the Redskins have given us.

All I can say is that it must suck to be irrelevant for most of the past two decades where your greatest accomplishment has been going one-and-done in the playoffs and losing your star QB in the process. If the Ravens win this Super Bowl, the Redskins will have a grand total of one more SB win than us, and none since the Senior Bush administration. Say what you want about the Steelers, but at least they have some history to legitimately brag about, albiet annoyingly. The more Redskins fans insist it's the Ravens fans who have the inferiority complex, the more obvious it is that they are the ones who are suffering.

Sorry--grew up in Southern MD when the Redskins were the only team in the area, so I have to hear all the time from Redskins fans. Never could stand that team. Baltimore was "my city" where my family grew up and I always identified with everything about it. DC, on the other hand, was the place I would go on class field trips every other year, and I had no interest in rooting for any of its teams.

Redskin fan need something to do or complain about. How about that coach who lets his players decide if they can play hurt or not? Redskins, on a Raven forum with the Ravens going to the SB. Unbeleivable that they need to talk about the Ravens or Baltimore, they have way to many problems elsewhere.