Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Re: What They Are Saying About the Ravens- Super Bowl Edition

http://www.nola.com/superbowl/index...._receiver.html

Great Jacoby Jones Story

“It was ugly, they had death threats on my son's life over a football game. They egged the house,” she said. “It was just crazy things, it was just unbelievable. … I just wish people would understand that these guys are human beings and have feelings.”

Bleacher Report picks are in. Seemed about 50/50 with most people picking a 3 point game until I got to this dude http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...l-xlvii/page/9.

The 49ers are much better team than Baltimore and should win handily. The Ravens played well in making it through a weak AFC slate, but they needed plenty of help from a substandard officiating crew in Denver to get this far.

As well as Flacco has played over his past three games, there's a difference between a hot quarterback and a good one. Flacco may be the most overrated player in football right at this moment; I expect him to come up small in the Super Bowl as he did so many times in 2012. He's an average quarterback who has played great in the playoffs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I could see Mike Smith being on the hot seat.

However, I dont know if anyone else noticed this, but did you guys see how Matt Ryan's passes majorly (MAJORLY) died after like 15 yards unless he put a ton of loft on the pass? It seemed like all of his receivers were having to go down low to get passes that were longer than 15 yards.

Ryan better hope he is a Falcon for life, because there is no way in hell he could play at a high level for an entire season in an outdoor stadium...especially in the north.

Eric DeCosta told us at Nest 1, I'm not sure we would have drafted Matt Ryan even if he was there because of all the
    work my dept did on Joe Flacco.

Bingo.

Now we're seeing why with both QBs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shambla View Post
    Bleacher Report picks are in. Seemed about 50/50 with most people picking a 3 point game until I got to this dude http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...l-xlvii/page/9.
    I used to respect Bleacher report and used their scouting reports prior to the draft until you posted that.

Screw em. They don't know a damn thing about football to say that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Eric DeCosta told us at Nest 1, I'm not sure we would have drafted Matt Ryan even if he was there because of all the
    work my dept did on Joe Flacco.

Bingo.

Now we're seeing why with both QBs.
    I was reading an article today on the scouting that went into flacco. The main things they wanted was someone that could play in less then ideal conditions and someone that could beat Pittsburgh. Flacco was that guy. Especially after seeing him in a practice throwing darts in pouring rain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I was reading an article today on the scouting that went into flacco. The main things they wanted was someone that could play in less then ideal conditions and someone that could beat Pittsburgh. Flacco was that guy. Especially after seeing him in a practice before the senior bowl throwing darts in pouring rain.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I was reading an article today on the scouting that went into flacco. The main things they wanted was someone that could play in less then ideal conditions and someone that could beat Pittsburgh. Flacco was that guy. Especially after seeing him in a practice throwing darts in pouring rain.

Do you remember the link to that article? Would love to see it.

ERic said something like that to us. He said his scout called him and said you should see this kid at Delaware. He's the
    real deal. Eric didn't even know anyone at Delaware and never heard of Flacco. He said it was so hard to go to that
    small school and give him a high grade but he did.

So he waited for Joe to come down here to play Towson State. ERic just got back from a long scouting trip and
    wanted to be with his family on a Sat afternoon. He saw this giant walk on the field before the game and pick up the
    ball and landed it on a dime from 40 yards. Eric said, damn, I have to see this kid play.

Then he took all his scouts to see Flacco bring Delaware from behind with 2 mins left to beat Navy. Sound familiar like
    in Denver? Joe is still doing it. Afterwards every scout gave him an A and they went to work on Joe Flacco.

Cam worked him out at Delaware with his coach and father watching and was impressed especially how quickly
    he changed his mechanics. He told DeCosta to get him.

Never heard that about the rain but we lost some games especially in Denver when McNair was here.

So that makes sense.

Blog Entries
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/cl...-ravens-flacco

There is the article

[QUOTE=Paintballguy;573073]http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/cl...-ravens-flacco

There is the article

Nice article, thanks for posting.

National media have hit bottom, and have started to dig

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs...opstories.html

Ravens cheerleader "announces her retirement" (!!!), then doesn't get picked to go to the Super Bowl. Ravens have 60 cheerleaders, but are only allowed to bring 32 per NFL rules. 23-year old drama queen is left behind. I wonder why. :grbac:

And this is an ABC News "Top Story". Sunday can't get here soon enough.

Blog Entries

Re: National media have hit bottom, and have started to dig

A story about cheerleaders? smh