Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Are the 49ers a more favorable matchup than Atlanta would've been?

Sorry. Would've rather had the falcons all day. 9ers are one of the most complete teams in the league. Can run, pass when they need to, stop the run, and, ehhh, sometimes play the pass. The falcons can..... pass. That's it. Their defense sucks and they have no running game. Dome or no dome, would've much rather had the falcons

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rpcfball View Post
    Sorry. Would've rather had the falcons all day. 9ers are one of the most complete teams in the league. Can run, pass when they need to, stop the run, and, ehhh, sometimes play the pass. The falcons can..... pass. That's it. Their defense sucks and they have no running game. Dome or no dome, would've much rather had the falcons
    andy lee is a sick punter. however david akers has 2 weeks to think about missing the game winning kick :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rpcfball View Post
    I echo your sentiments. Kaep, while young, has the intangibles to put a hurt on this Ravens defense. I'm just glad there's no Cam Cameron because I think we have the offense clicking on all cylinders should the game turn into a track meet.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    we should review the giants spanking in san fran
    Not sure how much we'll get out of that...Alex smith was the QB then, several weeks before Kaep took over. Kaep lost twice and tied once since he became starter and the losses were away games to his division rivals.

Quote Originally Posted by duffybr View Post
    Would the game be 30 minutes or 60?

Mannihgham is out for the year. This happened on December 25th.....replaced by Moss.
    justin Smith has a partially torn triceps and needs surgery. Ths happened week 14 and he was the 49ers pass rush.
    his injury more than anything is going to effect their game plan against us.
    Akers is injured and has missed 14 FGs this year.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kojo View Post
    Not sure how much we'll get out of that...Alex smith was the QB then, several weeks before Kaep took over. Kaep lost twice and tied once since he became starter and the losses were away games to his division rivals.
    the giants O spanked the 49ers D, why not look at the tape it doesnt matter who the QB was....is that you cam?!??!!??!?!

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    the giants O spanked the 49ers D, why not look at the tape it doesnt matter who the QB was....is that you cam?!??!!??!?!
    And Smith was healthy for that game......
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

as far as matchups go, Atlanta would have been an easier rode despite their awesome receiving core. Matt Ryan is a pocket passer behind a line that you can be more aggressive with and their Defense is much more weak across the board. Not even taking into account that Ryan likely would hand us the game on a golden platter regardless. Theres a reason the 49ers won and that is because they are a far superior team.
    -JAB

I think I would have preferred Atlanta, if only because they are more predictable. I have no idea if San Frans D line will be great (as it was most of the season) or mediocre (last 4 games). I have no idea if Kaep will be the beast we saw against Green Bay, or the mediocre second year guy we saw versus the Seahawks and Rams? Will they be able to run on us? Will we be able to burn them deep?

I just don't know.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantoom View Post
    I think I would have preferred Atlanta, if only because they are more predictable. I have no idea if San Frans D line will be great (as it was most of the season) or mediocre (last 4 games). I have no idea if Kaep will be the beast we saw against Green Bay, or the mediocre second year guy we saw versus the Seahawks and Rams? Will they be able to run on us? Will we be able to burn them deep?

I just don't know.
    The 9'ers defense doesn't really do that much in terms of complexity. Their front 7 is still stout though especially Bowman and Willis.

9ers won by 4 points, taking the lead finally in the 4th quarter. Superior team then the falcons, not by a long shot, 9ers beat two teams in postseason by hanging in there. Packers were a team that had rodgers, but a weakening defense and receivers who couldn't catch that game. Atlanta whipped the 9ers in the first half offensively and their defense got tired in the first half. Second half, matty numb fingers forgets how to take a snap and gives uo the ball on a nice drive. Add that to his interception he threw and well,the rest is history. Ryan thought he could pass his way to victory,but he needed7 points this time not 3 points. If he would have thrown that ball to *88,he would have done better. R white couldn't push his defender off(like he normally does) and didnt catch the ball(wouldn't have mattered, he was short of the first down anyway).Far superior team, no 9ers are a team that doesn't give up, thats why they had a tied game on their win/loss record. They lost against the rams once and tied the other. Seattle opened a can of whoop ass on them and played them close in the other game only to lose.
    Ravens play tough, knock out or bang up some players(crabtree,gore, davis, and let kp feel some blows), it should be a good game. Ravens nation makes a strong presence and Ravens team hears it, could be a long day for the 9ers.