Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Are the 49ers a more favorable matchup than Atlanta would've been?

Just curious what everyone's thoughts were as if we match up better versus the 49ers compared to the Falcons ????

2. Re: Are the 49ers a more favorable matchup than Atlanta would've been?

Well I'm pretty sure everyone here is going to say we'd have an easier time vs the Falcons. I would agree because their defense has been playing absolute shit...but just the thought of going against that receiving core scares me.

We've gotta be smart defending the running game against San Fran...can't be over aggressive. Plus if our offensive line gives Flacco all day, the 9ers secondary isn't that good. Gotta contain Aldon Smith, just like we contained Von Miller.

Blog Entries

Re: Are the 49ers a more favorable matchup than Atlanta would've been?

I think the Falcons were a bigger match up problem with the receiving corps as well.

I'd rather play a QB who is essentially a rookie then an experienced QB with two
    elite receivers and a Hall of Fame tight end who catches everything .

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    I think the Falcons were a bigger match up problem with the receiving corps as well.
    They are, but once inside the red zone I like our defense against the Falcons.

I like our offense against their D a lot more than against the SF D. Against the Falcons, it would probably be a shoot-out the casual fans would love, and I think our red zone D and opportunistic secondary would seal the game for us. Against SF, the front seven is going to have to play stout, stout run defense and leave the secondary free to cover the receivers and catch Kaepernick if he starts to run. Our linebacking corps isn't as fast as it once was.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    They are, but once inside the red zone I like our defense against the Falcons.

I like our offense against their D a lot more than against the SF D. Against the Falcons, it would probably be a shoot-out the casual fans would love, and I think our red zone D and opportunistic secondary would seal the game for us. Against SF, the front seven is going to have to play stout, stout run defense and leave the secondary free to cover the receivers and catch Kaepernick if he starts to run. Our linebacking corps isn't as fast as it once was.
    San Fran has an awesome defense, I'll give you that. But the Seahawks and the Rams made them look mortal.

As for the Kap, I think if the Ravens just keep disguising coverages like they did against Brady and Manning, kid is going to have a hard time reading our defense. I think allot of Colin, but I don't think in 9 games he has seen enough to deal with 3/4's of the defense standing, lining, up, moving back, running up, making movements all over the place to get a read on what we are doing.

I bet Pees is working on a Belicheck-like defense against them. The key to the 'read-option' is the 'read' if kid can't "read" what we are doing, it is going to be a long day for him, plus throw in savvy veterans like Ed Reed who should try to have the best game of his career here, the defense could win this game.

As for our offense, I don't give a shit who you are, if the line plays like it did against Denver with Miller and Dumerville, or negating Wilfork in New England and Joe has time to throw, DB's can't cover forever, it will be a big victory.

I think experience is going to pay off big time in this game.

Blog Entries

I think we would have kicked Atlanta's ass.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

matchup wise I think Atlanta would've been much easier.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I don't think the team matters. The Ravens are ready for a fight regardless of who it is.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I think we would have kicked Atlanta's ass.
    I wouldn't have believed this 3 weeks ago but I think we can kick anyone's ass. Still, I like that this SB should be an old school classic hard hitting football game!

It sounds like there is a good chance Matt Ryan would have been iffy to play at all in a couple of weeks, so if the Falcons could have pulled that out, that would have been a potential cakewalk. Luke McCown = Brandon Weeden, roughly.

The Ravens would have had much more trouble with the Atlanta receivers, but I think overall could have out physicalled the Falcons.
    On the other hand, while the SF receivers well be easier to cover, their lines are much better and can be as physical as any team,