Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Not a Believer in Kaepernick vs the Ravens

I don't think he can beat the Ravens with his arm, only possibly with his feet. Why do I see Pollard knocking him out? I dunno - i just don't feel nervous about this guy.

I think Gore is the bigger danger since our DL isn't always stout against the North/South runners.

Blog Entries

Re: Not a Believer in Kaepernick vs the Ravens

I say concentrate on running, and run blitzes, let Kap beat us and our secondary, but NOT on the ground.

Blog Entries

It's his head that I'm worried about. Kaepernick is a smart quarterback. He's going to be tough to confuse.

I think you are underesyimating him.

Hopefully the fact that we lost to Vick and RGIII will stand us in good stead for Kaepernick. We need to show balance- we can't go all out to prevent scrambling like we did against the Eagles as it left us too open against the pass and Kaepernick showed he had the arm to win against Atlanta. I know their secondary was bad, but some of his throws were spot on regardless (the trajectory on one of his throws to Crabtree was beautiful). We stopped RGIII running for the most part, but we were again vulnerable to the pass.

We would have learnt a lot from those two games, at opposite ends of the season too where our team was very different.

The 49ers are a very hot and cold team. When they're on, they are outstanding, but when they're not, they lose/kiss their sister to St. Louis and get blown out by the Seahawks. It's good that Vernon Davis came alive again next week as it won't surprise us as it did Atlanta. Cover Crabtree and Davis and we will take away the options.

Blog Entries

The only real way for teams to slow down the read-option is to set the edge well enough so that the QB doesn't have a seam and hope that your DT's and inside linebackers can shut down any holes quickly so the RB doesn't have a whole lot of room to work.

The thing with Kaepernick is that he can throw the ball really well too. Crabtree has turned into a really solid possession receiver, Vernon Davis is one of the better TE's in the league, and Randy Moss still knows how to get open.

They are going to have to confuse Kaepernick early on and make him try to do too much.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

And hit the crap out of Crabtree. His fumble at the goal line could have cost SF the game.

Kaepernick is a good, young QB. The key will be to play disciplined defense and trust the man next to you to play his position. Green Bay kept getting caught overpursuing, and Kaepernick took advantage.

I agree that Gore is the bigger threat. If the Ravens have a tough time stopping him, that's going to make make Kaepernick's job very easy.

Blog Entries

I think what is missed in our losses to both Philly and Washington was the offense had a lot to do with the losses as well as the fact the defense was beat up and not playing its best nor at full strength.

Peyton Manning and Tom Fucking Brady looked average against us. Kid may be smart, but come on, he is still a rookie against a D that knows how to disguise coverage. I like our chances.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    I think what is missed in our losses to both Philly and Washington was the offense had a lot to do with the losses as well as the fact the defense was beat up and not playing its best nor at full strength.

Peyton Manning and Tom Fucking Brady looked average against us. Kid may be smart, but come on, he is still a rookie against a D that knows how to disguise coverage. I like our chances.
    I like our DL match up against San Fran's OL too.

Anthony Davis has never been a very good pass blocker, Goodwin is ok, and Boone is average at RG.

Baker and Iupati are pretty damn good players, but I think Pees should be focusing on disguising blitz packages and really try to get in the head of Kaepernick.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

The best way to slow down SF's offense is for the Ravens offense to score early and often, which I believe they are capable of. Also special teams will be crucial in this game, give them bad field position. Leave the rest to the defense.

DEfense play their A game and play Raven football. Seattle hit the 9ers in the mouth and they did well. Colin will grow up that day and realize the AFC plays tough. Refs should be a non factor in this game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    DEfense play their A game and play Raven football. Seattle hit the 9ers in the mouth and they did well. Colin will grow up that day and realize the AFC plays tough. Refs should be a non factor in this game.
    Seattle is in the NFC.