Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: Steeler Nation in Misery

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    This was supposebly a very professional group of educators, hmmmm.
    This sentence struck me as funny.

Quote Originally Posted by bensmotorcyclehelmt View Post
    If not what?

A bunch of steeler fans are going to hang out here running their yaps?!

As a side note, its not too bad. Even if the Ravens lose, it will mean that another team will have 6 Lombardis, so Steeler fans can officially retire that lameness.
    Its easy to say that right now. Actually I'm more proud of 3 SB's since 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by PittRaven View Post
    That is when you tell him well if we are the baltimore browns then we have 9 championships(or however many they had before the superbowl but it is more then the steelers) then see what his response is

So the Ravens are just like the Jaguars and Panthers, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    it must be lonely place in your life when you're team haven't made the playoffs but come on teams board thats going to the superbowl and talk shit...I have never seen such a thing.

Look at the originators post and the title of this thread... Crickets.

Im done. Have your fun guys. See you soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    Congrats on those accolades. So let me see if I am following the typical SqueelerNation drivel correctly.

We have a better D. Per your stats above
    We have a better QB in Big Ben
    We have a better offense
    Mike Tomlin is a better coach

So all that is true and yet somehow the Squeelers did not even make the playoffs? You know they do make medication that can help with that perception of reality ?
    The Steelers problems is the don't score POINTS! Thier defense played well this year and will likely do so with LeBeau, but they have alot of age on defense and cap casualties and frequent injured players on that side. They dont have playmakers on defense that create big plays or turnovers anymore is a big problem for thier defense. I doubt they bottom out like 4-12 or anything, but see mediocrity for a period. The division wll get tougher with the Bengals and Browns improving and with tons of cap room. I think the Steelers of the 4 teams are the weakest on both lines of any team in the division.

Blog Entries

Squeeler fans always laugh at our pre-SB history because they were the laughing stock of he sports world for 50 years.
    We won before them and were the second NFL team to go there after the Packers won the first two. We lost but then
    won SB 5 so we got the trophy before them plus while every one laughed at Pissburgh the Baltimore Colts were one
    of the most successful franchises in sports and so were the O's at that time from the 60s til the late late 80s. We
    always laughed at them. And btw, did you know Rooney actually won the Squeelers in a poker game during the 20s but he got them in a card game. NFL didn't have much value back then they were so new so a guy put them up in a poker game-lol.

Then one day Rooney sobered up and hired Chuck Knoll who was one of Shula's coordinators and he drafted Bradshaw.
    They of course got the best QB in the draft because they were the worse team of course. Then Knoll built the
    Steel Curtain around him and the rest is history but it took a guy from Baltimore to turn them around and they don't
    even know it.

In fact, many owners thought they could steal Bradshaw away from Rooney he was so dumb but he finally wised up
    and said if everyone wants him so bad he must be good and kept him.

Yea, this is a miserable week for Pissburgh. They have to sit on the sofa all week while we celebrate and party and
    watch the best team in the playoffs that has a
    great shot at another trophy to add to the two we already have so we're not that far behind and that's with
    two different franchises but mention our great pre-SB years to Piss fans and they laugh at us while we laugh at
    them for being so stupid for 50 years.

And next year we're gonna still have that same team minus a few players we lose to FA but we'll at least make the
    POs for the 6th straight year under HARBs there is so much talent on this team while they self destruct cause theyre
    in cap trouble and the world laughs at them once again.

Oh, and if we get the trophy that will be the 3rd one with 2 different franchises. The SB 5 trophy is on display
    at the Babe Ruth Musuem and this one will sit next to the other one at the Castle and plus we'll have all those
    pre-SB championships as well that will bring us up to all their world championships - none before the 70s.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 01-22-2013 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    it must be lonely place in your life when you're team haven't made the playoffs but come on teams board thats going to the superbowl and talk shit...I have never seen such a thing.
    Lonely like fishing around another team's board while your team is in the Super Bowl? You can keep saying that what Steelrs fans say doesn't matter to you, but that statement is false. Obviuosly you don't frequent that board when the Steelers are ahead of the Ravens in the standings or you'd know it's a fact. It's no different than some Steelers fans checking in here when your team is struggling. It's what makes rivalries what they are, the players don't care what any of us think. Personally, I wanted your team to win Sunday because the Patriots and their dynasty are a farce until they win post spygate. You helped prevent that so that's great.

6 Super Bowl wins or not, I don't want the Ravens winning the SB because your team is our biggest rival. I know no self respecting Ravens fan would ever root for the Steelers to win a Super Bowl. Your team had a better season over all and we split on the field. It is what it is. I don't normally frequent other team's boards because they are no different than the one I belong to. 95% of the posters are delusional homers, pick any team site and try and dispute it. But to act like your board carries itself with any more class than the average message board is ridiculous. I would wish you luck a week from Sunday but it wouldn't be sincere, so I'll just wish you an injury free game.

Blog Entries

You'e right about us not rooting for you in the SB but back in the 70s when Irsay
    dismantled the Colts we liked them. I rooted for them over Dallas. I always hated the
    Cowgirls being America's team and all.

Then after the Colts left thousands of people from Baltimore picked the Squeelers up as their
    team because they were winners and Piss was a blue collar town like ours so they identified
    with it. Prob was, they didn't pick up their home town team when the Ravens came and have
    cause a lot of misery for us here wearing their colors all over town not to mention the stadium.

Just makes the rivalry more intense for us. As for me, I didn't watch pro football til the Ravens came.
    I didn't even know who Lawrence Taylor was because I never watched pro football. I didn't even
    watch the Stallions or the Stars because they were minor league teams - not the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by FAB802 View Post
    Lonely like fishing around another team's board while your team is in the Super Bowl? You can keep saying that what Steelrs fans say doesn't matter to you, but that statement is false. Obviuosly you don't frequent that board when the Steelers are ahead of the Ravens in the standings or you'd know it's a fact. It's no different than some Steelers fans checking in here when your team is struggling. It's what makes rivalries what they are, the players don't care what any of us think. Personally, I wanted your team to win Sunday because the Patriots and their dynasty are a farce until they win post spygate. You helped prevent that so that's great.

6 Super Bowl wins or not, I don't want the Ravens winning the SB because your team is our biggest rival. I know no self respecting Ravens fan would ever root for the Steelers to win a Super Bowl. Your team had a better season over all and we split on the field. It is what it is. I don't normally frequent other team's boards because they are no different than the one I belong to. 95% of the posters are delusional homers, pick any team site and try and dispute it. But to act like your board carries itself with any more class than the average message board is ridiculous. I would wish you luck a week from Sunday but it wouldn't be sincere, so I'll just wish you an injury free game.
    Welcome aboard. Yep thier are irrational fans on any team sites for sure. Fans hate more than the players do for sure. I respectwhat the Steelers have accomplished over the years and in history. The OP of this thread is about how many Steeler fans dont "think" football matters before the the game was called the "superbowl" the NFL was strong and a great game with great champions and players going back 40 years before the superbowl. You just cant start counting history only when it is convenient for you. History is history. The Green Bay Packers are the most storied NFL franchise of all time in the NFL. Steelers-Ravens is the best rivalry today because the teams excel on the feild, each has it's off years now and again, but usually competitive and the games are genuine football battles. Most of the irrational fans are the young ones who are uneducated and have no sense of history. "thats what I'm talking about it"

You know, I actually am a little perplexed with all of the hype about Lombardi trophies....should it not be about how many World Championsips you have won?! I mean the freakin' Packers have won 13 World championships, more than twice the Steeler's total, and their fanbase never mentions that...duh! The Lombardi Packers rattled off several World Championships Before the merger; so, I guess we should just Ignore history??? And, the city of Bmore has won four (soon to be 5) world championships in a shorter period of time than it took the city of Pittsburgh to acquire 6 championships, again, if we Don't ignore history, which, I guess, Pittsburgh fans like to do because it sounds better.
    Last edited by ravenjoe; 01-22-2013 at 05:07 PM.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

In all fairness nobody in the meida talks about franchises in regards to Championships either unless it's an old NFL films show. 40+ years is a lot of history in itself. I don't discount the history pre-Super Bowls, but it's a different era when you add in the teams from the merger with the AFL. There are a lot more teams and they have to win a lot more postseason games to win it. Personally I think it's apples/oranges, but it still counts.

When we're talking about teams/franchises who haven't been to a Super Bowl, or are perrennial losers in this era with free agency making it easier to turn it around, it's hard to take those teams or their fan bases seriously when they argue their merits. Browns/Lions come to mind right away. The Browns have a great history pre-merger, but there's no excuse for being a laughing stock for 40+ years. How far removed from the glory days is far enough?