Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Ravens will win Super Bowl XLVII

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus Corax View Post
    I believe the 'real' Super Bowl, figuratively speaking, was already decided in Denver on January 12 (44th anniversay of Super Bowl III). The current two best teams in the NFL met in a 'game for the ages'. I was convinced that the Broncos, and the circumstances of that contest, would offer the most difficult challenge facing the Ravens in this postseason. I knew that IF the Ravens survived that challenge then they would HAVE to be the best team remaining - and they would get to New Orleans and win there. I still feel that way.
    +1. I felt very comfortable about picking the Broncos to win the Super Bowl. Very comfortable. I'm already over this Pats win and ready for the Super Bowl but I basked in the glow of that Denver win all last week. They were the best and we took them down, beat them at their own game. This team has been so clutch all postseason long, but I think that win will go down as the toughest.
    Long days and pleasant nights.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland of Gilead View Post
    I think Gore is going to get his yards. Their offensive line is just too good to be stuffed for four quarters. The good news is that he isn't a burner, so long gains for him don't guarantee points. I have a bad feeling about the potential Crabtree-Williams match up. I'm pretty sure Cary loses that one consistently and Crabtree is sneaky fast.
    I don't really know if I agree 100% with the Crabtree-Williams match-up, and even though I know that Cary can sometimes have spotty coverage on a receiver, Crabtree isn't Megatron.

I still stand by my Vernon Davis fear, because he was Kaepernick's security blanket against the Falcons, and we had enough trouble containing Hernandez when we played NE. Davis is bigger and faster than Hernandez (Davis is 6'3" 250lbs running a 40 in 4.38s, and Hernandez is 6'1" 245lbs running a 40 in 4.64s) so that's what scares me.
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CoverD View Post
    I don't really know if I agree 100% with the Crabtree-Williams match-up, and even though I know that Cary can sometimes have spotty coverage on a receiver, Crabtree isn't Megatron.

I still stand by my Vernon Davis fear, because he was Kaepernick's security blanket against the Falcons, and we had enough trouble containing Hernandez when we played NE. Davis is bigger and faster than Hernandez (Davis is 6'3" 250lbs running a 40 in 4.38s, and Hernandez is 6'1" 245lbs running a 40 in 4.64s) so that's what scares me.
    hernandez really hurt us,he coulda had more if he didnt drop a pass on the brady fake...he was the only one we pretty much didnt hurt or intimidate on sunday. he was talking smack all game...on the other hand i love vernon being an ex terp and growing up and turning into a great leader

Well, team that think they can beat us by running........ :)
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by CoverD View Post
    Was it just me or did it seem like the secondary of SF wasn't very good against the Falcons? I know they're supposed to have a great defense, but it looked like they allowed Julio Jones, Roddy White, and Tony Gonzalez to get open constantly.

I really hope that Flacco takes advantage of that if they don't show up again.
    Biggest problem is that their pass rush has gone silent. Ryan had all day back there most of the game.

And really, if Matty "Ice" doesn't melt down in the second half, the Niners would be watching this game from their couches.