Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Ravens will win Super Bowl XLVII

Was it just me or did it seem like the secondary of SF wasn't very good against the Falcons? I know they're supposed to have a great defense, but it looked like they allowed Julio Jones, Roddy White, and Tony Gonzalez to get open constantly.

I really hope that Flacco takes advantage of that if they don't show up again.
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CoverD View Post
    Was it just me or did it seem like the secondary of SF wasn't very good against the Falcons? I know they're supposed to have a great defense, but it looked like they allowed Julio Jones, Roddy White, and Tony Gonzalez to get open constantly.

I really hope that Flacco takes advantage of that if they don't show up again.
    As hyped as their safeties are, they can't cover jack shit.

Blog Entries
    Torrey is gonna catch some bombs especially on that turf in a dome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    no weapon
    This.

But Niners aren't a hated team of mine. Just cool to experience us in the SB. And hope we ball out like NE/Indy/Den - I'll be happy win or lose if we paly like that. :)
    Self appointed Ravens SuperFan in the southern hemisphere/New Zealand.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    I hope and dream that you are right. But if last year's AFCCG taught me anything it's that life doesn't necessarily go the most poetic way just because it can't be written any other way. We have to make this magic happen on our own. And I hope the team is preparing for the Niners and not still basking in the (admittedly awesome) glow of beating the Patriots in Foxboro. Just. Win. Make this happen, guys.
    I still remember what Ray (or was Sizzle?) said to the guys as soon after the "Flacco-Fling" in that Denver game - "It doesn't matter if we don't win" or something to at effect.

Let's hope that team takes that mentality - that while the win against NE was great; it doesn't matter if we don't win the whole thing.
    Self appointed Ravens SuperFan in the southern hemisphere/New Zealand.

Yeah, I'm not buying into the team being better or more physical than ours. People tend to forget this is still not the same team that was even 3 weeks away from the playoffs. I'm sorry, but after beating the Colts with Andrew Luck, going into Denver and winning a shootout with them, and then curbstomping the Patriots in their house, I don't see what the 49'ers bring to the table that the Ravens cannot handle.

The Ravens beat two of the great teams in the NFL with two of the greatest QB's in the game today on the road, and somehow a 2nd year player with 9 starts under his belt will be the one that is better than them?

Somehow WE don't have weapons the 49'ers have to account for? I have heard no-one on TV ask yet how the 49'ers are going to contain Ray Rice, Bernard Pearce, Anquan Boldin, Torrey Smith, Jacoby Jones, and Dennis Pitta. All of a sudden we are back to having a team of nobodies and it's the Ravens that will have to keep up with the 49'ers?

No way. We're winning this game. We can keep it close, and we can shootout with them if it comes to it. I don't dislike the 49'ers at all. But I don't think they have the overall firepower to beat us.

I believe the 'real' Super Bowl, figuratively speaking, was already decided in Denver on January 12 (44th anniversay of Super Bowl III). The current two best teams in the NFL met in a 'game for the ages'. I was convinced that the Broncos, and the circumstances of that contest, would offer the most difficult challenge facing the Ravens in this postseason. I knew that IF the Ravens survived that challenge then they would HAVE to be the best team remaining - and they would get to New Orleans and win there. I still feel that way.

Now that being said, I cannot think of a more worthy and more formiddable opponent in the San Francisco Forty-Niners. Last Sunday, coming back from a 17-0 deficit and surviving both a fumble at their opponent's goal line and a missed FG attempt in the second half, demonstrates how much they belong in SB XLVII as well.

Nevertheless, it is very clear to this Ravens fan, that our team is 'on a mission' with a highly motivated goal: Demonstrate their appreciation of Ray Lewis' 17 years of heart-and-soul dedication to mentoring and winning by sending him home with one more ring he's waited 12 long years to share with us. AND Ed Reed's FIRST ring after 11 seasons of dedication and brilliance. Baltimore fans are SO lucky to have both of their NFL careers represent us for so long.

CC

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Yeah, I'm not buying into the team being better or more physical than ours. People tend to forget this is still not the same team that was even 3 weeks away from the playoffs. I'm sorry, but after beating the Colts with Andrew Luck, going into Denver and winning a shootout with them, and then curbstomping the Patriots in their house, I don't see what the 49'ers bring to the table that the Ravens cannot handle.

The Ravens beat two of the great teams in the NFL with two of the greatest QB's in the game today on the road, and somehow a 2nd year player with 9 starts under his belt will be the one that is better than them?

Somehow WE don't have weapons the 49'ers have to account for? I have heard no-one on TV ask yet how the 49'ers are going to contain Ray Rice, Bernard Pearce, Anquan Boldin, Torrey Smith, Jacoby Jones, and Dennis Pitta. All of a sudden we are back to having a team of nobodies and it's the Ravens that will have to keep up with the 49'ers?

No way. We're winning this game. We can keep it close, and we can shootout with them if it comes to it. I don't dislike the 49'ers at all. But I don't think they have the overall firepower to beat us.
    To be honest, the only weapons they have that scare me are Gore and Davis. I thought we contained RGIII very well in the game against the Redskins and because of that I don't see Kaepernick pulling the same stuff he did against the Packers on us.
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis

In Baltimore's Harbaugh era, the Ravens have been very good when given extra time to prepare. Since 2008, the Ravens are 11-0 in season openers and after a bye week (including Wild Card playoff bye), outscoring opponents 302-132. That's a +170 point differential. We score an average of 27.5 points per game, and give up an average of 12 points per game, winning by an average of 15.5 points per game. Outside of those 11 games, the Ravens have averaged 23.2 points per game, allowing 18 points per game, winning by an average of 5.2 points per game. That marks an improvement of 4.3 points per game scored, and 6 fewer points per game allowed, and +10.3 points per game differential.

In San Francisco's Harbaugh era, they have also been pretty good when given extra time to prepare. Since 2011, the 49ers are 5-0-1 in season openers and after a bye week, outscoring opponents 188-136. That's a +52 point differential. They score an average of 31.3 points per game, and give up an average of 22.7 points per game, winning by an average of 8.6 points per game. Outside of those 6 games, the 49ers have averaged 23.8 points per game, allowing 15.8 points per game, winning by an average of 8 points per game. That marks an improvement of 8.6 points per game scored, but 6.9 more points per game allowed, and -0.6 points per game differential.

While both teams are very good, I think the Ravens have the bigger advantage here, for two reasons: Almost double the sample size, so more consistency over time, and the Ravens offense improves about equally to how the 49ers offense improves, but the Ravens defense also improves immensely, while the 49ers defense actually gets quite a bit worse. Seeing that the Ravens, after 11 such games, win by over 10 points better of a margin than they usually do, while the 49ers in 6 such games win by a smaller margin than they normally do, really makes me see this as a positive for the Ravens.

SuggsKill Guest

This will be a great game, but I'm very scared of how physical and athletic the Niners are. It's going to be close, but as an unbiased fan, if we can't stop the run, we're going to get destroyed.

LETS GO PRETTY FLACCO !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus Corax View Post
    I believe the 'real' Super Bowl, figuratively speaking, was already decided in Denver on January 12 (44th anniversay of Super Bowl III). The current two best teams in the NFL met in a 'game for the ages'. I was convinced that the Broncos, and the circumstances of that contest, would offer the most difficult challenge facing the Ravens in this postseason. I knew that IF the Ravens survived that challenge then they would HAVE to be the best team remaining - and they would get to New Orleans and win there. I still feel that way.

Now that being said, I cannot think of a more worthy and more formiddable opponent in the San Francisco Forty-Niners. Last Sunday, coming back from a 17-0 deficit and surviving both a fumble at their opponent's goal line and a missed FG attempt in the second half, demonstrates how much they belong in SB XLVII as well.

Nevertheless, it is very clear to this Ravens fan, that our team is 'on a mission' with a highly motivated goal: Demonstrate their appreciation of Ray Lewis' 17 years of heart-and-soul dedication to mentoring and winning by sending him home with one more ring he's waited 12 long years to share with us. AND Ed Reed's FIRST ring after 11 seasons of dedication and brilliance. Baltimore fans are SO lucky to have both of their NFL careers represent us for so long.

CC
    I stand corrected in another thread. OJ Brigance (the toughest Raven off the field) is a huge inner source of motivation for this team's success.

Quote Originally Posted by CoverD View Post
    To be honest, the only weapons they have that scare me are Gore and Davis. I thought we contained RGIII very well in the game against the Redskins and because of that I don't see Kaepernick pulling the same stuff he did against the Packers on us.
    I think Gore is going to get his yards. Their offensive line is just too good to be stuffed for four quarters. The good news is that he isn't a burner, so long gains for him don't guarantee points. I have a bad feeling about the potential Crabtree-Williams match up. I'm pretty sure Cary loses that one consistently and Crabtree is sneaky fast.
    Long days and pleasant nights.