Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. It's time to start taking Joe Flacco seriously

Hello, Ravens fans!

First off, the Pats are soft and I'm glad you guys hammered them.

Second, I am admittedly not one of you. I'm actually a Denver fan. However I appreciate great football. When poking around the Super Bowl story lines, I noticed the Joe Flacco story isn't being told as broadly. So, even though I'm not a Raven guy, I wanted to write the story.

It’s time to start taking Joe Flacco seriously. The guy's record is stellar, his playoff record even more so. So why isn't anyone talking about him? I am. Link below. Enjoy!

Is Joe Flacco Elite? Read why

Share if you like. Good luck in the Super Bowl!

Blog Entries

Re: It's time to start taking Joe Flacco seriously

Not bad. I enjoyed that.

Thanks for saying exactly what S--T Bayless really is.

Quote Originally Posted by bbrashaw View Post
    Hello, Ravens fans!

First off, the Pats are soft and I'm glad you guys hammered them.

Second, I am admittedly not one of you. I'm actually a Denver fan. However I appreciate great football. When poking around the Super Bowl story lines, I noticed the Joe Flacco story isn't being told as broadly. So, even though I'm not a Raven guy, I wanted to write the story.

It’s time to start taking Joe Flacco seriously. The guy's record is stellar, his playoff record even more so. So why isn't anyone talking about him? I am. Link below. Enjoy!

Is Joe Flacco Elite? Read why

Share if you like. Good luck in the Super Bowl!

Good article. Thanks for sharing.

Skip Bayless is an idiot, but he's not the only one who just can't buy into the FACT that Flacco is really frickin' good. Hell there are plenty of ravens fans who have been slammin' him for 5 years now. He has put up numbers that are better then some of the greatest who have played the position over their first 5 years. His playoff performances have been stellar. I don't know, maybe now he will get the credit he deserves. But if the ravens lose the SB the haters will be right there to remind everyone how much he sucks.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

All those wins in his first 5 years, records quietly broken with his participation on the team,other so called elite QBS didn't do what Flacco has accomplished already. The fans in Baltimore who experienced what billick did to the team after winning the SB, we are serious already about Flacco. This guy has put a hurting on the elite talking heads every year with his ability to play here in Baltimore. The talking heads(like irving,divorce time,and faulk were visibly upset after the Ravens beat the already picked to win pats.Today, the naysayers looked like the haters they are, coming up with the dumbest reason for not beleiving what they saw these last 3 playoff games. If it wasn't for the windy conditions last nite, the pats secondary would have all pulled hammies chasing Smith and Jones. Joe been serious since he started with the Ravens and continues to play better all the time. Hope Ozzie picks up more quality players to support this team of young players. Nfl anal-ysts will soon have to either quit or accept the fact of what Joe has been doing in his first 5 years. They can't continue to be the asses and haters of Flacco, they'll need to accept Flacco as the other elites go downhill.

Blog Entries

Joe is a class act. I truly hope the Ravens beat the sleeved QB and the team that I truly loathe. Go Ravens! Finish this thing!

I liked the article! Flacco has been unfairly bashed by the media for years. They make such a big deal of Matt Ryan but what has he really done or accomplished in his 5 years in the league? He's won ONE playoff game in his career! Flacco runs circles around his record and is the better QB who didn't deserve the criticism the pundits heaped upon him. He's proving them wrong and is making quite the case for himself as a top tier QB.

As for the Har-Bowl.... John Harbaugh has made it clear this Superbowl is not about two brothers but about two teams. The media just wants to make a sensational story about it. I agree it will be a repeated story ad naseum for the next two weeks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens27Girl View Post
    I liked the article! Flacco has been unfairly bashed by the media for years. They make such a big deal of Matt Ryan but what has he really done or accomplished in his 5 years in the league? He's won ONE playoff game in his career! Flacco runs circles around his record and is the better QB who didn't deserve the criticism the pundits heaped upon him. He's proving them wrong and is making quite the case for himself as a top tier QB.

As for the Har-Bowl.... John Harbaugh has made it clear this Superbowl is not about two brothers but about two teams. The media just wants to make a sensational story about it. I agree it will be a repeated story ad naseum for the next two weeks.
    Not to mention Ryan gets to play in his cushy dome. Flacco had to go on the road for the playoffs in his first 3 years.

9. Re: It's time to start taking Joe Flacco seriously

Great article, thanks for sharing it here.
    And welcome to this board.

I think it starts with fantasy owners/stat freaks being underwhelmed by "Average" Joe's stats, the prevailing perception that the Ravens win because of their dominant D (even though the D has only been truly dominant in 2011 since Flacco arrived) and the "experts", being fully aware of both, choosing the "safe" approach in their "evaluation" of Flacco (which generally consists of watching a few highlights and glancing at the box score).

Also, for some people, you have to win a SB to be taken seriously.
    Aaron Rogers was overlooked by many prior to the Packers championship, even after putting up decent numbers; immediately after the Packers beat the Steelers, he was universally considered elite.

Cincy, I like what you did with your avatar. :)

Brian, thanks for the article. As far as Skip Assless goes I wouldn't watch that show if they paid me. He is nothing but a clown and not a very good one at that. Joe Flacco is elite to me and many others in this State. Of course we have our own naysayers. Don't really care how others see our team, we appreciate them, and we support them. I for one thought that the fans that were in N.E. for the game were outstanding also. Great turn out and we could hear you.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by micadrz400 View Post
    Cincy, I like what you did with your avatar. :)
    Thanks, Buddy. All thanks go to Kelsey59. He redid it for me.