Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: It's time to start taking Joe Flacco seriously

I really liked the article, it was a great read.

Unfortunately, the talking heads at ESPN are just going to keep finding excuses not to admit Flacco is a great QB. Today I was watching First Take and Skip Bayless brings up that Flacco has had the two worst QBR's in the history of the rating system this past season. Eric Mangini did the SAME thing on NFL Live.

Its absolutely ridiculous, QBs have bad games, its a fact. But to bring up that he's had the worst QBR which was an ESPN rating system that hasn't even been in place that long is sad and childish.
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CoverD View Post

Unfortunately, the talking heads at ESPN are just going to keep finding excuses not to admit Flacco is a great QB. Today I was watching First Take and Skip Bayless brings up that Flacco has had the two worst QBR's in the history of the rating system this past season. Eric Mangini did the SAME thing on NFL Live.

Its absolutely ridiculous, QBs have bad games, its a fact. But to bring up that he's had the worst QBR which was an ESPN rating system that hasn't even been in place that long is sad and childish.
    Meanwhile Brees led the league in picks if I'm correct and Matty ice had a 5 pick game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by micadrz400 View Post
    Cincy, I like what you did with your avatar. :)
    Thanks, Buddy. All thanks go to Kelsey59. He redid it for me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Meanwhile Brees led the league in picks if I'm correct and Matty ice had a 5 pick game.
    If ESPN's QBR doesn't rate a 5 pick game lower than any performance Flacco had this year, it's not much of a rating system.

Nice Read, Flacco will get his love with this Superbowl. Joe Flacco is a Raven, And a very good Raven.
    I loved the pick and Him, saw him at pitt, they did him wrong. Larry Fitzgerald would have owned Every Wr Record in Ncaa. Joe had a cannon. And still do.

Baltimore has loved Flacco when he put on the that purple. He will Always be a Raven , and i'm Proudly gald to say he is the Baltimore Ravens QB.

Wacko for Flacco

Originally Posted by CoverD

First nice article.

Here is my issue with this whole QBR crap they came up with it is hindsight for the most part and also has to do with what the other team did. Bear with me, against Denver Joe had a bad day, no ifs ands or buts, he was not good and so he got a .4 QBR. Now Denver scored a lot of points including off of the pick 6 and the fumble, they actually could score.

Now go to Ryan's 5 INT game against Arizona. He got a 30 something QBR because they won and he led the drive that did so. Now all due respect for that but if Arizona had any kind of QB, that game is a 30 point blow out probably but because they could not really capitalize on those turnovers Ryan gets away with it and in the hindsight that is QBR, he has a better rating than Joe did. Joe got some garbage yards and TDs which almost seem to count against him in that system since the game situation and how they were scored caused those throws to be scored low.

Now look at Big Ben's last two games before Cleveland and he had an 8 in one and a 40 something I think in the other. In both of those he threw really bad picks that directly led to Pittsburgh losing. Joe against Denver, again, really bad game but they had a whole half to try and come back but the team quit and that is on them but my point is that while directly helping the Broncos win it did not ice the game for them, as we have seen over the past couple of playoff weeks, teams can come back from 17 and even 20 point deficits, against Denver, the Ravens were at their lowest after the pick 6 and quit.

Yet Ben while still having crappy QBRs those game are higher than Joe, I know he played ok most of the games and they were close but it would seem to me that in a game situation, throwing the pick that leads to a loss, directly to a loss is worse than one thrown at the end of a half even that results in a TD for the other team and flips points around in that the offenses was in FG range in not scoring a TD. The whole QBR thing is crap as well, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    If ESPN's QBR doesn't rate a 5 pick game lower than any performance Flacco had this year, it's not much of a rating system.
    The QBR is a joke, and everyone outside of ESPN thinks so as well. It's funny when once in awhile Stephen A Smith props it up, because either he is being sarcastic(highly possible) or they are making him do it. It almost literally looks like he's holding his nose when he mentions it.

Blog Entries

I have been one of his critics, but I am sold on Flacco. What happened is that I and everyone else were confusing Flacco's inconsistent performance with Cam Cameron's bad form. You really have to talk about Flacco pre- and post-Cameron.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    I have been one of his critics, but I am sold on Flacco. What happened is that I and everyone else were confusing Flacco's inconsistent performance with Cam Cameron's bad form. You really have to talk about Flacco pre- and post-Cameron.
    As you do with Brees and even Rivers to a certain degree (though not as much as Flacco or Brees).
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    The QBR is a joke, and everyone outside of ESPN thinks so as well. It's funny when once in awhile Stephen A Smith props it up, because either he is being sarcastic(highly possible) or they are making him do it. It almost literally looks like he's holding his nose when he mentions it.
    Yep, Stephen A Smith and Michael Smith are the only analysts at ESPN that don't have their heads up their asses.
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    Joe is a class act. I truly hope the Ravens beat the sleeved QB and the team that I truly loathe. Go Ravens! Finish this thing!
    Oh yeah, I guess you would loathe them. It took me a minute to remember.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CoverD View Post
    Yep, Stephen A Smith and Michael Smith are the only analysts at ESPN that don't have their heads up their asses.
    I really enjoyed watching Michael Smith yesterday. He pretty much owned everyone on around the horn regarding Flacco and the Ravens.