Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast
Results 145 to 156 of 188
  1. #145

    Re: how do we stop 49ers vaunted pistol offense?



    Quote Originally Posted by Questforsix View Post
    I think we can all agree that Manning's arm was lookin hella gimpy in that game. Dude was throwing 6 yard passes all day.

    If you look at the game as a whole, the Denver secondary was the reason they lost the game.

    Flacco was throwing jump balls all day.

    As for the Pats, you guys play them hard every time. You're like their kryptonite. But that's because you've played them 3 times in the last two seasons.

    Familiarity breeds comfort with handling their offense. Especially when the core of both groups (NE offense and BAL defense) are more or less the same.

    I think it's gonna take at least a half to adjust to what we do offensively.

    And it's not just the pistol, our heavy look has given teams trouble. We're nice out of the traditional shotty and pro-style offense.
    What happened against Seattle? Denver and NE are better than GB and Atlanta especially at home? The Atlanta game came down to a 4th and 4 for the win. I expect a close game between Ravens/SF decided by ST's and kickers.




  2. #146
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    9,186
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: how do we stop 49ers vaunted pistol offense?

    Quote Originally Posted by Questforsix View Post
    I think we can all agree that Manning's arm was lookin hella gimpy in that game. Dude was throwing 6 yard passes all day.

    If you look at the game as a whole, the Denver secondary was the reason they lost the game.

    Flacco was throwing jump balls all day.

    As for the Pats, you guys play them hard every time. You're like their kryptonite. But that's because you've played them 3 times in the last two seasons.

    Familiarity breeds comfort with handling their offense. Especially when the core of both groups (NE offense and BAL defense) are more or less the same.

    I think it's gonna take at least a half to adjust to what we do offensively.

    And it's not just the pistol, our heavy look has given teams trouble. We're nice out of the traditional shotty and pro-style offense.
    lol @ throwing jump balls all day. What does that even mean?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fokem7s9AkQ




  3. #147

    Re: how do we stop 49ers vaunted pistol offense?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    What happened against Seattle? Denver and NE are better than GB and Atlanta especially at home? The Atlanta game came down to a 4th and 4 for the win. I expect a close game between Ravens/SF decided by ST's and kickers.
    The first time we beat them. The second time they beat us. I'm not sure how that's relevant.

    Is that second part a question? I'm a little confused.

    That's like me saying, "What happened against the Steelers (With Charlie Batch)?"

    We played familiar opponents and we lost. It happens. Seattle was on fire and they were at home. I dont think they lost a game at home all year.




  4. #148

    Re: how do we stop 49ers vaunted pistol offense?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    lol @ throwing jump balls all day. What does that even mean?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fokem7s9AkQ

    Jeez man. Champ Bailey needs to hang em up. Some of that "Coverage" was just embarassing.

    at :44 seconds thats a 50/50 ball that Flacco tosses. Champ Bailey just completely misplays it.

    Some nice passes by Flacco though.




  5. #149
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    9,186
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: how do we stop 49ers vaunted pistol offense?

    Quote Originally Posted by Questforsix View Post
    Jeez man. Champ Bailey needs to hang em up. Some of that "Coverage" was just embarassing.

    at :44 seconds thats a 50/50 ball that Flacco tosses. Champ Bailey just completely misplays it.

    Some nice passes by Flacco though.
    What passes are 100% completion? I'm sure some offensive coordinators would like to talk to you if you knew of some.

    It's called receivers making plays in 1 on 1 coverage.

    Also, that "coverage" in the Atlanta game was embarrassing. What did Matt Ryan have like 400 yards passing?




  6. #150
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    12,122
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: how do we stop 49ers vaunted pistol offense?

    Good Afternoon QuestforSix,

    What exactly are you trying to say?
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  7. #151

    Re: how do we stop 49ers vaunted pistol offense?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    What passes are 100% completion? I'm sure some offensive coordinators would like to talk to you if you knew of some.

    It's called receivers making plays in 1 on 1 coverage.
    I'm not sure if I would identify what Champ Bailey was doing as "covering" He was way ahead of the play.

    He was either ahead of the play or behind the play all day. It's a nice play but. It's not like Torrey smith ripped it out of his hands or went over the top of him.

    If you freeze it :43, you'll see what I'm saying. Champ Bailey is just completely out of position.




  8. #152
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    9,186
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: how do we stop 49ers vaunted pistol offense?

    Quote Originally Posted by Questforsix View Post
    I'm not sure if I would identify what Champ Bailey was doing as "covering" He was way ahead of the play.

    He was either ahead of the play or behind the play all day. It's a nice play but. It's not like Torrey smith ripped it out of his hands or went over the top of him.

    If you freeze it :43, you'll see what I'm saying. Champ Bailey is just completely out of position.
    Most passes completed are from the corner being out of position most likely from being beat by a receiver. Champ played at a very high level all year. Torrey just beat him up and down the field all day. I'm not sure what you are trying to prove.




  9. #153

    Re: how do we stop 49ers vaunted pistol offense?

    Quote Originally Posted by Questforsix View Post
    I'm not sure if I would identify what Champ Bailey was doing as "covering" He was way ahead of the play.

    He was either ahead of the play or behind the play all day. It's a nice play but. It's not like Torrey smith ripped it out of his hands or went over the top of him.

    If you freeze it :43, you'll see what I'm saying. Champ Bailey is just completely out of position.
    Dude, your nervous. Why come to a Ravens board? Expect a tight game because that's what you are going to get. FG's will be the difference.. Ravens redzone defense best in football.




  10. #154
    iggyman555 Guest

    Re: how do we stop 49ers vaunted pistol offense?

    Quote Originally Posted by Questforsix View Post
    Jeez man. Champ Bailey needs to hang em up. Some of that "Coverage" was just embarassing.

    at :44 seconds thats a 50/50 ball that Flacco tosses. Champ Bailey just completely misplays it.

    Some nice passes by Flacco though.

    lol yea he needs to hang em up...jeez man lol

    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1925/champ-bailey

    Bailey's previously unimpeachable reputation took a massive hit when he was frequently torched by Baltimore's Torrey Smith in the first half of Saturday's Divisional Round loss, but the 34-year-old veteran played at a high level for the majority of 2012. He graded out as the No. 10 cornerback in Pro Football Focus' year-end ratings.




  11. #155
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    12,122
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: how do we stop 49ers vaunted pistol offense?

    I'm still trying to figure out what this person's trying to say.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  12. #156

    Re: how do we stop 49ers vaunted pistol offense?

    Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    not many finesse teams are top 10 in rushing in the NFL

    http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...2&d-447263-n=1


    Rushing Rk Team G Pts/G TotPts Att Att/G Yds Avg Yds/G TD Lng 1st 1st% 20+ 40+ FUM
    1 San Francisco 49ers 2 36.5 73 72 36.0 472 6.6 236.0 7 56T 23 31.9 4 1 1
    2 Seattle Seahawks 2 26 52 65 32.5 347 5.3 173.5 3 28 21 32.3 3 0 3
    3 Minnesota Vikings 1 10 10 29 29.0 167 5.8 167.0 0 18 11 37.9 0 0 0
    4 Indianapolis Colts 1 9 9 30 30.0 152 5.1 152.0 0 24 6 20.0 1 0 0
    5 Baltimore Ravens 3 30 90 104 34.7 446 4.3 148.7 3 43 19 18.3 3 1 3
    6 Denver Broncos 1 35 35 41 41.0 125 3.0 125.0 0 11 9 22.0 0 0 0
    7 Houston Texans 2 23.5 47 62 31.0 249 4.0 124.5 2 21 13 21.0 1 0 0
    8 Atlanta Falcons 2 27 54 49 24.5 248 5.1 124.0 0 45 11 22.4 2 1 1
    9 New England Patriots 2 27 54 52 26.0 230 4.4 115.0 2 23 14 26.9 2 0 1
    10 Washington Redskins 1 14 14 23 23.0 104 4.5 104.0 0 18 5 21.7 0 0 2
    11 Green Bay Packers 2 27.5 55 47 23.5 180 3.8 90.0 3 19 7 14.9 0 0 1
    12 Cincinnati Bengals 1 13 13 16 16.0 80 5.0 80.0 0 29 5 31.3 1 0 0
    Other Links

    Hall of Fame
    Record & Fact Book
    Rule Book

    The next object is an advertisement
    Um these are post season numbers.

    You are correct that the PAts did finish in the top 10 in the regular season, but these numbers don't show that.
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland