Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: how do we stop 49ers vaunted pistol offense?

Quote Originally Posted by Your Worst Enemy View Post
    Teams just haven't been successful zoning against Kaepernick. The 49ers receivers just fall into whatever holes in the zone they find and Kaep throws the ball so lightning fast before a defender can react to it. The best way to stop the pass is man coverage, but then Kaep is going to take off downfield unless you have a spy who also runs a 4.43, and that's not even mentioning the run game with LaMichael James and Gore. It truly is the most versatile offense in the league. There's not a single team the 49ers have played this year or last year who didn't go into the game saying "we have to take away the run" and they still lead the league in rushing yards.

It's just not that easy. This team literally had a game this year with 300 yards passing and 300 yards rushing in the same game.
    Wow. Who was that against?

Blog Entries

Teams just haven't been successful zoning against Kaepernick. The 49ers receivers just fall into whatever holes in the zone they find and Kaep throws the ball so lightning fast before a defender can react to it. The best way to stop the pass is man coverage, but then Kaep is going to take off downfield unless you have a spy who also runs a 4.43, and that's not even mentioning the run game with LaMichael James and Gore. It truly is the most versatile offense in the league. There's not a single team the 49ers have played this year or last year who didn't go into the game saying "we have to take away the run" and they still lead the league in rushing yards.

It's just not that easy. This team literally had a game this year with 300 yards passing and 300 yards rushing in the same game.
    Kapernerick has never had a 300 yard passing game.
    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...pCo00/gamelog/

Ravens faced similar offense vs Washington with less players healthy. They also faced Luck a good runner and better passer. Luck and RG3 are both better than CK. Ravens have TWO weeks to prepare for this and have high IQ players in Lewis, Suggs, Reed and Pollard. It will be CK biggest test with how well the Ravens are playing on defense. Not to worried about 49er offense. Just because they lit up a weak, unprepared GB defense doesnt bother me, GB on defense is pretty bad. Dixon can simulate CK pretty well in practice. Facing Luck and RGIII in recent weeks and having 2 weeks to prepare really helps the Ravens alot.

Joe has legs too.....
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    Joe has legs too.....
    Joe's ability to run is very underrated. His 3 cone drill time (6.82) at the 2008 combine was one of the highest from a QB. Luck put up a 6.8 in the 3 cone drill last year at the combine.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Step one. Give Kaep a few looks early to get him to keep the ball and rush the edge, then have either Pollard or a linebacker ready to come around the edge and absolutely crush him. Remember, his protection as a QB goes away once he runs, so do what you have to to make it hurt. Do that a few times to open each series and he's not gonna want to keep it quite so much. That's when you start clogging the middle and rushing off the edge to disrupt the passing game.

man you been a regular at those dispensaries? :grbac:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    Ravens faced similar offense vs Washington with less players healthy. They also faced Luck a good runner and better passer. Luck and RG3 are both better than CK. Ravens have TWO weeks to prepare for this and have high IQ players in Lewis, Suggs, Reed and Pollard. It will be CK biggest test with how well the Ravens are playing on defense. Not to worried about 49er offense. Just because they lit up a weak, unprepared GB defense doesnt bother me, GB on defense is pretty bad. Dixon can simulate CK pretty well in practice. Facing Luck and RGIII in recent weeks and having 2 weeks to prepare really helps the Ravens alot.
    I haven't seen enough CK to say he's not as good as Luck or RGIII. The little I've seen of him, he looks pretty good. He's also not a rookie. That year of holding a clipboard can help a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    I haven't seen enough CK to say he's not as good as Luck or RGIII. The little I've seen of him, he looks pretty good. He's also not a rookie. That year of holding a clipboard can help a lot.

He is not as good as either, less accuracy. Plus Luck and RG3 took bad teams to the playoffs, while CK already had a playoff team. CK has played less games and has played well, but hasnt played a team that is as prepared for him as the Ravens will be. People are making to much of the GB game, GB defense at that point in the season was the worst defense of any team in the postseason.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    man you been a regular at those dispensaries? :grbac:
    Theye did have a 300/300 game this year. Week 5 vs. Buffalo. And they were close to that against GB in the playoffs.

Their offense is definitely versatile. But I think the chances of anything approaching a 300/300 game from SF in the SB is less than or equal to 0%.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    Theye did have a 300/300 game this year. Week 5 vs. Buffalo. And they were close to that against GB in the playoffs.

Their offense is definitely versatile. But I think the chances of anything approaching a 300/300 game from SF in the SB is less than or equal to 0%.
    Except that was Alex Smith, no? Kaepernick came in after week 9 or 10 IIRC.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Except that was Alex Smith, no? Kaepernick came in after week 9 or 10 IIRC.
    The writer said that SF had a 300/300 game. So I guess that is accurate. And I am not going to argue that Kaepernick could not have put up similar numbers or that he is inferior to Alex Smith. I don't believe either of those things.

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post

It was, in fact, the only 300/300 game in NFL history.