Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
  1. Re: how do we stop 49ers vaunted pistol offense?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    Agree. The guy has a freaking gun, but I wan't to see the Ravens force him to be a passer. Take away the lasers and see if he can find the range and timing on the touch passes.
    I hope to GOD that the Ravens force him to be a passer. The kid threw 5 incompletions last week. One of which was a TD pass that Crabtree couldn't get his feet down on.

The kid can flat-out throw the football.

Re: how do we stop 49ers vaunted pistol offense?

Quote Originally Posted by Questforsix View Post
    I hope to GOD that the Ravens force him to be a passer. The kid threw 5 incompletions last week. One of which was a TD pass that Crabtree couldn't get his feet down on.

The kid can flat-out throw the football.
    No doubt. Like I said though almost all of the throws I have seen him make have been frozen rope types. If I am the Raven DC, I make him show me touch and deep accuracy on arching balls, and try to undercut and stay under. Also, I want to see if he can make multiple reads and figure out the zone blitz schemes that have given the young QB's problems for years.

:T2:

3. Re: how do we stop 49ers vaunted pistol offense?

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    He is not as good as either, less accuracy.
    Higher completion pct. than Luck, just a shade under RGIII at 62.4 pct.

4. Re: how do we stop 49ers vaunted pistol offense?

No doubt. Like I said though almost all of the throws I have seen him make have been frozen rope types. If I am the Raven DC, I make him show me touch and deep accuracy on arching balls, and try to undercut and stay under. Also, I want to see if he can make multiple reads and figure out the zone blitz schemes that have given the young QB's problems for years.
    At first he really struggled with touch throws. But since the playoffs started he's thrown some nice touch passes. The 40 yard catch and run to Gore vs. GB.

The PA pass to Vernon vs. ATL.

iggyman555 Guest

Higher completion pct. than Luck, just a shade under RGIII at 62.4 pct.
    luck has to throw 60 times a game bc he doesnt have a running game

Peyton Manning 2x, Brady 2x, Eli Manning, RG3 the Ravens have faced a murderer's row of QB's this season so from a passing standpoint Kaepernick doesn't present anything they haven't seen before.

Obviously his legs present a challenge they've only seen once in RG3 and in practice with Dixon so I expect him to make some plays earlier in the game but (hopefully) as the defense gets adjusted they slow him down.

But I'd love to see him get cute and test Reed deep, it'll be a happy homecoming for Ed if he does.

At first he really struggled with touch throws. But since the playoffs started he's thrown some nice touch passes. The 40 yard catch and run to Gore vs. GB.

The PA pass to Vernon vs. ATL.
    Perhaps, but this Raven defense that we will see in the SB will be nothing like what SF has seen so far in the playoffs. I do not expect many blown coverages or missed tackles, or big plays. The Ravens have not played an attack like this so far in the playoffs, but obviously they have been playing well defensively vs elite competition without crowd help for the pass rush.

In the SB, with a lot of crowd noise on 3rd down, I expect the raven pass rush to get off and do a lot of damage. They have been getting to QBs with a lot different guys and getting a lot of tipped passes on good contain rush inside.

To me, like it has been all post season long, the Ravens are going to go as far as Joe and the O take them. This defense is going to keep them in the game vs anyone, but it is going to be on the O to get into the 20s at least to keep up with the high powered attacks on the other side.

:T2:

Perhaps, but this Raven defense that we will see in the SB will be nothing like what SF has seen so far in the playoffs. I do not expect many blown coverages or missed tackles, or big plays. The Ravens have not played an attack like this so far in the playoffs, but obviously they have been playing well defensively vs elite competition without crowd help for the pass rush.
    Chykie Brown's play recently concerns me.

Blog Entries

All those yards that he ran for against the packers were free runs. He only had 3 yards after contact in that game. Upshaw, Pollard, Suggs, and company just need lay the wood on that kid a couple times and we good. Make him beat us with his arm and we might just run away with the game.

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    All those yards that he ran for against the packers were free runs. He only had 3 yards after contact in that game. Upshaw, Pollard, Suggs, and company just need lay the wood on that kid a couple times and we good. Make him beat us with his arm and we might just run away with the game.
    This was my biggest complaint about the GB game... they didn't pop him... hell I'd pop him early in the game IN the pocket knowing I'd get a 15yarder just to let him know... don't try that running sh*t.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DarienA View Post
    This was my biggest complaint about the GB game... they didn't pop him... hell I'd pop him early in the game IN the pocket knowing I'd get a 15yarder just to let him know... don't try that running sh*t.
    Yep everyone saw what happened to the Patriots. They grew alligator arms in the 2nd half.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Peyton Manning 2x, Brady 2x, Eli Manning, RG3 the Ravens have faced a murderer's row of QB's this season so from a passing standpoint Kaepernick doesn't present anything they haven't seen before.

Obviously his legs present a challenge they've only seen once in RG3 and in practice with Dixon so I expect him to make some plays earlier in the game but (hopefully) as the defense gets adjusted they slow him down.

But I'd love to see him get cute and test Reed deep, it'll be a happy homecoming for Ed if he does.

And this stupid piece doesn't consider that plus we had all those guys still out on D for Skins game but they came
    back in time for the POs and we still took the Skins to OT and should have beat em. In fact Ngata knocked RG
    out of the game and we got beat by a back up QB. RG wasn't even there in the end so this point is moot.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...per-bowl-xlvii