Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 188
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,717
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: how do we stop 49ers vaunted pistol offense?



    Meh let Pollard lose on him a couple times. By the second half kaep won't wanna run, Gore wont want to, the receivers won't want to catch. Just like in the NE game.




  2. #92

    Re: how do we stop 49ers vaunted pistol offense?

    Kaepernick is scary. Our linebacking corp is probably the weakest link on this team. Kruger can't play the run to save his life, Ray just gets embarrassed sometimes. We played NE and DEN 85% of the time in the Nickel. You can't do that against a run heavy team...




  3. #93

    Re: how do we stop 49ers vaunted pistol offense?

    Quote Originally Posted by kronusthebonus View Post
    Kaepernick is scary. Our linebacking corp is probably the weakest link on this team. Kruger can't play the run to save his life, Ray just gets embarrassed sometimes. We played NE and DEN 85% of the time in the Nickel. You can't do that against a run heavy team...
    Limit them to FGs in the red zone and a lot of the problem goes away. For the most part they have put up 28 or so with Kaepernick......and that was against teams that were not nearly the Ravens caliber. We are deeper on the DL than they are.....
    Way Down South in New Orleans




  4. #94

    Re: how do we stop 49ers vaunted pistol offense?

    Best case scenario is we jump out to an early 14 point lead somehow and force them to play catch up on Kaepernick's arm, that way, Ed can be Ed and set a few super bowl INT return yard records


    ... I can dream, right?




  5. #95

    Re: how do we stop 49ers vaunted pistol offense?

    We can't stop this Godly offense. It was placed on Earth to be unstoppable/ Kaepernick being the chosen one.

    THe Ravens turning up will be a waste. I am writing a letter to the FO now. Kaepernick will teleport to the endzone every play. Just watch.


    *I have not been brainwashed by 49er fans and the media alike. This is my real opinion.............



    (save me!)
    Self appointed Ravens SuperFan in the southern hemisphere/New Zealand.




  6. #96
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    10,130
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: how do we stop 49ers vaunted pistol offense?

    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    We can't stop this Godly offense. It was placed on Earth to be unstoppable/ Kaepernick being the chosen one.

    THe Ravens turning up will be a waste. I am writing a letter to the FO now. Kaepernick will teleport to the endzone every play. Just watch.


    *I have not been brainwashed by 49er fans and the media alike. This is my real opinion.............



    (save me!)
    +1

    All I've been hearing all post season is how X QB is going to shred the Ravens defense. Starting with Andrew Luck. Then, Peyton Manning and Tom Brady.

    I think Kaep has done some great things and he's a big threat to run and pass, but lets be real for a second. This will be his 10th start against a defense that beat two hall of fame QB's back to back and forced them to throw 4 picks in 2 games. And a defense that just shut out the supposedly best offense in the NFL in the second half. I think Kapernick will get some yards and put up some points, but we happen to have a red hot QB in Flacco with the best deep ball in the league that will be playing in a dome with no wind against a questionable secondary that got torched by noodle arm Matty Ice.




  7. #97

    Re: how do we stop 49ers vaunted pistol offense?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    +1

    All I've been hearing all post season is how X QB is going to shred the Ravens defense. Starting with Andrew Luck. Then, Peyton Manning and Tom Brady.

    I think Kaep has done some great things and he's a big threat to run and pass, but lets be real for a second. This will be his 10th start against a defense that beat two hall of fame QB's back to back and forced them to throw 4 picks in 2 games. And a defense that just shut out the supposedly best offense in the NFL in the second half. I think Kapernick will get some yards and put up some points, but we happen to have a red hot QB in Flacco with the best deep ball in the league that will be playing in a dome with no wind against a questionable secondary that got torched by noodle arm Matty Ice.
    I believe the talking heads said the Ray Lewis would suffer against brady. He was too slow and couldn't cover. Turned out not too bad for Ray and the linebackers. These 9 days can't go by qiuck enough so the game can be played to see who wins. All this conjecture is going to make some uncomfortable and lose sleep. Bet the team is just happy to play and not read or hear any predictions. I'll read from here on,but not post any responses . The laughing at some posts will be enough entertainment for me. The posts who I agree with will be the ones that people will repost after the game. Have fun, there is more to life then football.




  8. #98
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,137
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: how do we stop 49ers vaunted pistol offense?

    I'm watching the replay of the game they played last year.

    We can out physical these guys. A healthier Ngata and Suggs abused their offensive line, and now we have Kruger coming on hot and McPhee regaining his older form. I know they have one of the best offensive lines in the league, but I really think we can go to work on them. We never had trouble sacking or pressuring anybody this post-season when we wanted to.




  9. #99
    iggyman555 Guest

    Re: how do we stop 49ers vaunted pistol offense?

    do we blitz or drop 7-8 and play zone?




  10. #100
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    10,130
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: how do we stop 49ers vaunted pistol offense?

    Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    do we blitz or drop 7-8 and play zone?
    I think we'll play a lot of zone. It's not smart to turn your back to a QB that can run.




  11. #101
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,533
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: how do we stop 49ers vaunted pistol offense?

    Kaepernick isn't Manning or Brady. They didn't have his ability to run. That creates a dimension that the Ravens D will have to account for that they didn't have to worry about against the Broncos or Pats. Luck can run, but prefers to use his arm. So it wasn't as much of a factor as it will be the Super Bowl.

    I doubt Kaepernick has Manning's and Brady's ability to read a defense and quickly find the open man. The defense did a solid job against Brady, and a fairly good job against Manning, in limiting their effectiveness in the passing game, especially the second half of the AFCCG. So if it comes down to Kaepernick's arm being the difference in the game, I like the Ravens' chances.




  12. Re: how do we stop 49ers vaunted pistol offense?

    Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    Kaepernick isn't Manning or Brady. They didn't have his ability to run. That creates a dimension that the Ravens D will have to account for that they didn't have to worry about against the Broncos or Pats. Luck can run, but prefers to use his arm. So it wasn't as much of a factor as it will be the Super Bowl.

    I doubt Kaepernick has Manning's and Brady's ability to read a defense and quickly find the open man. The defense did a solid job against Brady, and a fairly good job against Manning, in limiting their effectiveness in the passing game, especially the second half of the AFCCG. So if it comes down to Kaepernick's arm being the difference in the game, I like the Ravens' chances.
    Agree. The guy has a freaking gun, but I wan't to see the Ravens force him to be a passer. Take away the lasers and see if he can find the range and timing on the touch passes.

    I like a Steeler style cover 3 base with Pollard up, the CBs off and Reed in the middle. I am not too concerned with the WRs going over the top, or a young QB picking apart the complex zone/ blitz coverages.







  13. #103
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,533
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: how do we stop 49ers vaunted pistol offense?

    Vernon Davis is their deep threat. Moss doesn't have the speed he once did, and Crabtree isn't going to blow the top off the defense, either.

    On the downside, Davis is a difficult match-up for our linebackers, and he'll be a tough match up for Pollard or Ihedigbo. I almost think the Ravens would be well-served to work a kind of hybrid 46/nickel with Ihedigbo and Pollard both in the game instead of Ellerbe (since it won't be Lewis) on quite a few snaps. Ellerbe's played pretty well so far, however. I'd hate to take him out of the game. He'd be a bigger asset against Gore even if he doesn't have the speed against Kaepernick or Davis.




  14. Re: how do we stop 49ers vaunted pistol offense?

    Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    Vernon Davis is their deep threat. Moss doesn't have the speed he once did, and Crabtree isn't going to blow the top off the defense, either.

    On the downside, Davis is a difficult match-up for our linebackers, and he'll be a tough match up for Pollard or Ihedigbo. I almost think the Ravens would be well-served to work a kind of hybrid 46/nickel with Ihedigbo and Pollard both in the game instead of Ellerbe (since it won't be Lewis) on quite a few snaps. Ellerbe's played pretty well so far, however. I'd hate to take him out of the game. He'd be a bigger asset against Gore even if he doesn't have the speed against Kaepernick or Davis.
    No way would I take the Killer bee off the grid iron right now. He was playing hurt and still was by far the most explosive linebacker we had.

    I like the cover 3 base the most because Davis is the top vertical threat and that keeps Ed in the middle to double over the top of who ever starts off on Davis. Kaepernik has the arm to make the deep sideline throws, but I have not seen him do it yet and it is about a lot more than arm strength too and I think we can force him to make some mistakes throwing into coverage as long as we stuff the run, which the cover 3 with 8 men up is really good at doing.







  15. #105

    Re: how do we stop 49ers vaunted pistol offense?

    Redzone defense is going to make a big difference. Whichever teams plays better in the redzone will take this.
    Way Down South in New Orleans




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland