Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Super Bowl Send Off?

I recall there being a Super Bowl send off for the Ravens before SB XXXV downtown at the Inner Harbor. Anyone know if they will have a similar event? How far in advance does the team head out to the city where the Super Bowl will be held. Thanks in advance, I simply cannot stop smiling. Giddy may be the right word.

Re: Super Bowl Send Off?

I'll be at the airport for the arrival......its just a little airport so this will be a huge deal.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

I am looking forward to a send off rally also. I can't afford to go to the game.

Blog Entries

I heard they are having a Pep Rally at the Polar Bear plunge on Saturday but im not sure if its the official one or if players will be there

Quote Originally Posted by Tottenham Raven View Post
    I recall there being a Super Bowl send off for the Ravens before SB XXXV downtown at the Inner Harbor. Anyone know if they will have a similar event? How far in advance does the team head out to the city where the Super Bowl will be held. Thanks in advance, I simply cannot stop smiling. Giddy may be the right word.

Thanks for asking. I was wondering this myself. Checked the Ravens site earlier for any info, and didn't find anything yet

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Once again, we get fucked over without even the slightest drop of K-Y jelly to ease the pain.

Blog Entries

I have actually been to the Inner Harbor. I got to work in Baltimore for a few weeks in the late 80's and a local guy took me over there to go bar hopping. We had a great time and I will always remember how beautiful that place was.

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    I have actually been to the Inner Harbor. I got to work in Baltimore for a few weeks in the late 80's and a local guy took me over there to go bar hopping. We had a great time and I will always remember how beautiful that place was.
    Well come for the send off, new honorary fan! (I haven't been back to Cincinasty..as I've sworn off my in-laws for the foreseeable future..but when/if I do..we're having lunch!)

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Once again, we get fucked over without even the slightest drop of K-Y jelly to ease the pain.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Well come for the send off, new honorary fan! (I haven't been back to Cincinasty..as I've sworn off my in-laws for the foreseeable future..but when/if I do..we're having lunch!)
    Ha! In-laws can be a pain. I wish I could be there, but I have to work. The city must be abuzz. I hope I get to experience that one more time.

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    Ha! In-laws can be a pain. I wish I could be there, but I have to work. The city must be abuzz. I hope I get to experience that one more time.
    The send off in 2001 was great.. They pulled the buses right in between Pratt and Light St Pavilion and did a nice pep rally.

But the Ravens have evolved since then.. and I'm guessing there is no way they can deal with the type of crowd that would show up for that event in such a tight space.

In 2001, we were still scratching our heads a little and thinking, "wow, who are these guys?"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    The send off in 2001 was great.. They pulled the buses right in between Pratt and Light St Pavilion and did a nice pep rally.

But the Ravens have evolved since then.. and I'm guessing there is no way they can deal with the type of crowd that would show up for that event in such a tight space.

In 2001, we were still scratching our heads a little and thinking, "wow, who are these guys?"
    They could do it at city hall after all thats where the victory parade will end up

Smile Re: Super Bowl Send Off?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post

I still remember the telecast of this and one of the team buses side swiped a police car as they were heading out 395. Nothing could stop that team.

According to this article, they will head out on Monday. Perhaps they will do something that morning before heading to the airport?

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/id...30122?irpc=932