A Few Thoughts From This Year

This post may be a little long however it is some things I believe that has formed this team into what they are now:

1. Coaching – The firing of Cam and promotion of Caldwell. The firing of Cam alone raised the confidence level of the offense just because the “dictator was gone”. Caldwell calls games to the strength of what his offense can do and likes to attack what is a weakness on the other team. It is awful funny since Cam has been gone we have not seen the threads that we were “outcoached”.

2. Flacco – His confidence is going through the roof right now. You could see a huge difference in him as soon as Cam was gone. He is also showing everyone just how well he can play. What more could you ask from him? He has done nothings but win games in his career and I think fantasy football distorts our perception on what a “great” QB should do. I want the QB on my team to just win and that’s exactly what Flacco has always done.

3. McKinnie – This may have been the move of the season. He has taken what was a weakness of our team and is now starting to make it a strength. We have to give him his props for this. Yes, Caldwell does more max protect that helps as well, however the McKinnie move put Oher and KO in the positions they should be playing.

4. Resilient – This team has bounced back from everything that has been thrown at them this year. From the loss of Art Modell and Torrey Smith’s brother, to the ass whooping we took in Houston, to a 4th and 29 conversion to win in San Diego, to a 3 game losing streak, to the firing of our OC 3 games before the season ends. This isn’t to mention how many players we loss due to injury. They have bounced backe from every punch emotionally and physically thrown at them.

5. Heart – This is the one intangible that can’t be measured. This team has a never say die mentality and it shows through and is really starting to show in the playoffs. This alone can make up for any defiency we may have. We can be “punched” but we refuse to be “knocked down an out”.

This team has done what they needed to do to get to the Super Bowl. I will say win or lose at the Super Bowl there is not much more you or I could ask for from this team. Please feel free to add to the list. What a ride it has been now let’s bring it home boys.

Re: A Few Thoughts From This Year

it would be nice to think that Ravens brain trust purposefully saved McKinnie til the end of the season so he'd be fresh. Kinda doubt it but that's how it turned out.
    Caldwell > Cameron might have been Coaching Move of the Year.
    Really impressed at team's staying together and working when everyone seemed to be counting them out. after the loss to the 'skins I think somebody said they wouldn't win another game all year!
    props to the new guys that have stepped up. Arthur Jones, Pierce and Kesemele, Chykie Brown, and many more. I suggested in another thread this was a big difference tween us and Pigsburgh; our new guys stepped up, theirs havent.
    and...Boldin>Evans.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

(sorry, duplicate)

one more thought; a salute to Dean Pees. the D struggled much of the year (injuries were a factor) but in the last three weeks they've controlled Luck and the Colts (red hot team with a better record), Peyton at his house (21 points in five quarters) and Brady in his house.
    not bad.
    Last edited by sailorsam; 01-21-2013 at 05:18 PM. Reason: add line / delete dupe post
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

This is one of the most remarkable "Teams" in recent sports history. Such a close knit group of players, it's very evident this is a close locker room.