Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bernard Pierce

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Bernard Pierce

Is it me or does it seem like as of late he is more explosive than Ray Rice. There was points in that game last night where i felt like they were handing it off to ray simply because of what he has done in the past. Should he be getting more carries than 27?

Re: Bernard Pierce

He's got fresh legs, first of all. And teams key on Rice, which benefits Pierce. He's a different style of runner. Rice is an all pro RB, having Pierce as a complement benefits everyone, Rice, the Ravens, Pierce, and us. They're doing a good job of getting Pierce his touches, but I wouldn't change a thing right now.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

I love me some Bernard Pierce but lets not get carried away. Pierce brings a different style to his game than Rice does his which makes him a perfect compliment to Rice. In some cases/specific situations though that style may be more effective than Rice's. We are blessed to have em both IMO.

I will add though that should god forbid Ray Rice go down with an injury, I feel one million percent better about having Pierce back there to pick up the load than anyone else we have had since McGahee.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    He's got fresh legs, first of all. And teams key on Rice, which benefits Pierce. He's a different style of runner. Rice is an all pro RB, having Pierce as a complement benefits everyone, Rice, the Ravens, Pierce, and us. They're doing a good job of getting Pierce his touches, but I wouldn't change a thing right now.
    Ditto. 2 weeks is time for Pierce to heal up. We have a great 1,2 punch.

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Ditto. 2 weeks is time for Pierce to heal up. We have a great 1,2 punch.

Blog Entries

i hear you guys and i dont think they need to switch them out ether but fresher legs and defenses keying on RR are all reasons that BP maybe should have seen more carries.

i totally agree with the fresh legs thing and can not wait to see what RR looks like with 2 weeks of R&R

Pierce is deceptive moreso than Rice. He doesnt fall into predictable running patterns which RB's can do. Like Rice used to get caught up in cutting back everything (which he doesnt do anymore) Pierce has better vision and patience if you watch his runs. He is faster than you think he is also. Pierce is not a secret anymore. He is also more explosive once he hits the hole. He is the best RB on the roster right now, Rice is also so conscious of fumbling that it is costing himself some explosion and a step.

Pierce just seems to be running with more authority right now. I was actually surprised with his contribution yesterday because Aaron Wilson and the injury reports made it sound like he was pretty beat up but he ended up having some strong runs.

Rice still seems to be there in the second half to make some crucial plays. Pierce has played great in his role and I hope he continues to grow into it next year. A 1-2 punch that can keep Rice's legs fresh in December and January is a good thing.

Pierce could easily be a 1500 yard rusher IMO.

Rice is a 2000 yard player. It's splitting hairs at this point.
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold

Rice is known around the NFL teams he has played in the last years. Pierce is doing it on his own and other teams do not know what to expect from pierce. If Pierce had played last year, Ravens would have won more and beat the pats to go to the SB.

Blog Entries

Pierce is a bigger guy, for one thing, and his speed is deceptive. He's tougher than Rice to bring down when he's going through a lane, I think. Rice in space is very difficult to tackle, however, as the Pats (re)learned on his touchdown run to start the Ravens' scoring.

I wouldn't mind seeing more Pierce. Rice is a special player, however. He's a gamebreaker. He's a threat to score from anywhere on the field, and he can do it slashing between the tackles, catching a dump-off pass, or running a draw. But Pierce might be better at pounding a defense than Rice.