Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Here Come the 49ers

I like the Harbaugh west team. They play hard nosed football like we do here. Looking at their message board they are absolutely going crazy over playing us. 58 pages and counting for a thread about playing the Ravens. No way anyone can read all of that, but I got a taste of it. It ranges from the typical hateful homers saying we have no chance and Ray is over the hill blah, blah blah, to those recognizing the Ravens as a worthy opponent. The sheer volume of postings is impressive and I expect it won't be long before we're going to inundated by an invading hoard. I'm looking forward to the game and intelligent discourse from knowledgeable fans.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/

Re: Here Come the 49ers

It should be a great, knock-down, drag-out brawl of a game.

I like our chances though. I think we match up well, and that CK and some of the other younger Niners will be a little overwhelmed. While they are indeed a physical team, I think that we are more so, and that we are more tested. The Niners got beat up pretty good by Seattle, which was really the only tough, physical team they played down the stretch.

Oh, and Jaws this morning said the Ravens are a "lead-pipe lock". :)

Blog Entries

Kaepernick, meet Pollard. Now good night. Run around like that on us and you're gonna be lights out. We beat Manning on his home turf. Shut down Lady Brady to the tune of 13 points on his home turf. I'm not worried about some rook with a primary wide reciever worried about when his court date for rape is gonna be another washed up has been wr and a running game that seems to disappear at times.

iggyman555 Guest

the giants did a number on them in san fran, we should prob send that tape to caldwell/pees also

Blog Entries

the 9ners are a really good team but there is nobody this year that can out raven the ravens in a smash mouth football game. They tried it a season ago and came up short. the steelers are the closest team to match us pound for pound.

Forget their D for a minute though, because they will make plays. But the Ravens D with the big three on the field at the same time is just way to fundamentally sound going into this one to fall to that style of offense. When we make the adjustments to the read option if they should decide to go back to it and Kap has to make plays with his arm against minds like ed reed and ray lewis on a consistent basis, its all but a wrap!

Caldwell knows how to put a package together for a Dome game......I can't wait to see it.

Flacco over Kaepernick
    Rice/Pierce over Gore
    Ngata/Soapoanga by a lot
    Veron Davis barely over Pitta/Dickson On turf indoors Dickson's speed will be overlooked.
    Smith/Boldin/Jones over Crabtree/Moss/Ginn Jr

Worried about the kickoffs more than anything, but in the Dome I think we kick it out of the endzone. :)
    Way Down South in New Orleans

I like the confidence shown on here but the niners are going to be a very worthy opponent and a tough out. Defensively their physical style matches ours. The offense should be the most interesting side of the ball to analyze. All I have to say is that we need to dust off the tape of the skins game and start studying given the similiar styles of the niners and skins (i.e zone read pistol type offense).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    All I have to say is that we need to dust off the tape of the skins game and start studying given the similiar styles of the niners and skins (i.e zone read pistol type offense).
    i understand the connection but we had significantly different personnel on the defensive side of the field, do to injuries in that game. it changes everything

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I like the confidence shown on here but the niners are going to be a very worthy opponent and a tough out. Defensively their physical style matches ours. The offense should be the most interesting side of the ball to analyze. All I have to say is that we need to dust off the tape of the skins game and start studying given the similiar styles of the niners and skins (i.e zone read pistol type offense).
    No doubt about it PSI, but I am really just telling it like it is......if we don't regress I think we take this game, and I think every player feels that way.

The part of the game I am most worried about.....kickoff returns and Ted Ginn, isn't going to happen because Tuck is going to kick the ball out of the endzone.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

iggyman555 Guest

Akers is so shaky now he missed a fg in a dome vs ATL yestrday

TUCKER > akers

I still have yet to see Kaepernick produce against a good defense.

Kaepernick may want to consult RG3 and Michael Vick before thinking he can just run around the field on us. The Ravens tend to shred the knees of mobile quarterbacks. :)

This will be a fun game. I think Flacco is going to shred their defense inside a dome with no wind or weather conditions to worry about.

Right now though, I don't even want to think about the 49'ers. I am still basking in the joy of the Ravens being AFC Champions.