Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Congrats and good luck from a Seahawks fan!

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Ha Ha. Got it. So what's the key to beating the niners? I feel like we've got him to get him to throw the ball 40-50 times and that means stopping the run game. I think Ron Jaworski said it best, Capernick is not quite a polish QB in that he hasn't turned into a progression reader yet. So if we play sound discplined run defense we make him dropback more than he wants. Thoughts?
    well, I guess Jaworski would know about Polish quarterbacks......
    "CARPE LOMBARDI"

2. To stop Kaepernick you will need to stop the run first. Frank Gore has the potential to rip off 15 yard runs all day and a lot of it is thanks to their o-line. However, if your linebackers over pursue on the run they will get burned by that read option play and before you know it Kaepernick just ran for 30 yards.
    (See GB v SF game). Your d just needs to stay deciplined and remember their assignments.

They also like to run trap plays sending a lineman across to pin a defender. They stopped doing that to us when we simply trapped their trapper.

Kaepernick seems to panic under pressure, so if your pass rush has a good day you should be in good shape.

Their defense is tough, especially up front. Not much to offer here, other than your run game will be important. Lynch gets 100 yards every single time we play them, Rice should be able to do the same. Their d-line is nasty and the strongest part of their defense. If you want to see just how nasty their line and linebackers can be, watch them against the bears this year. I know Flacco is a pocket guy so I'd say if your pocket holds up and Rice has a good day you'll be fine. Their secondary is good but definitely beatable, as Atlanta demonstrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadhawk View Post
    To stop Kaepernick you will need to stop the run first. Frank Gore has the potential to rip off 15 yard runs all day and a lot of it is thanks to their o-line. However, if your linebackers over pursue on the run they will get burned by that read option play and before you know it Kaepernick just ran for 30 yards.
    (See GB v SF game). Your d just needs to stay deciplined and remember their assignments.

They also like to run trap plays sending a lineman across to pin a defender. They stopped doing that to us when we simply trapped their trapper.

Kaepernick seems to panic under pressure, so if your pass rush has a good day you should be in good shape.

Their defense is tough, especially up front. Not much to offer here, other than your run game will be important. Lynch gets 100 yards every single time we play them, Rice should be able to do the same. Their d-line is nasty and the strongest part of their defense. If you want to see just how nasty their line and linebackers can be, watch them against the bears this year. I know Flacco is a pocket guy so I'd say if your pocket holds up and Rice has a good day you'll be fine. Their secondary is good but definitely beatable, as Atlanta demonstrated.
    Thanks. What do you think of that NT? I thought he looked really weak against Atlanta
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Roadhawk View Post
    The win against you guys was easily the biggest surprise of last season. We felt lucky to have pulled it off, which says something about your team.

Sorry, Richard Sherman is off the table :)
    Love Russell Wilson and your young D. You will be a force to be reckoned with in years to come. Thanks for the congrats.

5. Also a Seahawks fan, also rooting for you guys... The Ravens been my second favorite for a while because of my hatred for the Steelers.

Lets not count out Ray talking him into the purple in a few

I LOVE the Seahawks. They play football the right way just like the Ravens, 49ers. Not a pass happy, weak defensive team like Packers, Saints.

You guys forgot about Kam Chancellor.... I mean that dude is just unbelieveable as well as Earl Thomas. Man, I envy the Seahawks' young D, they are a joy to watch.

Dont forget...the Seahawks were the last team to hand it to the 49ers, completely shutting down their offense 42-13. So the 49ers are beatable...a good sign for us heading into the SuperBowl

Richard Sherman - 5th Round
    Brandon Browner - UFA after playing in CFL for a few seasons
    Kam Chancellor - 5th round

How do Seahawks find these guys?

Quote Originally Posted by LEGIONofBOOM View Post
    Also a Seahawks fan, also rooting for you guys... The Ravens been my second favorite for a while because of my hatred for the Steelers.
    Don't blame you. You guys got robbed in '05

10. Quote Originally Posted by aussie_raven View Post
    Richard Sherman - 5th Round
    Brandon Browner - UFA after playing in CFL for a few seasons
    Kam Chancellor - 5th round

How do Seahawks find these guys?
    Doug Baldwin- UDFA
    JR Sweezy- 7th round DT converted to RG
    KJ Wright- 4th round

Pete Carroll, John Schneider, Tom Cable, and the rest of their talent evaluators just have a unique way of looking at players. They look at players that have a unique skill set and instead of asking "Does this guy fit into our scheme?" They ask "How can we implement this guy into what we're doing?" And they design their schemes around the strengths of the team so the can let the players do what they're best at, instead of forcing them to do something they aren't comfortable with.

11. Re: Congrats and good luck from a Seahawks fan!

Seahawks fan here as well. Always liked the Ravens. Been a fan of Ray Lewis for a while. He deserves another ring and hope he gets another one. I can't stand the whiners and their HC, and do not want that franchise to get another ring for a very long time lol And yes, them whiners fans are very big headed. They're already putting Frank Gore and the HOF in the same sentence.

Blog Entries

Thanks. I must say I was rooting for you guys to beat Atlanta. The Seahawks do have a bright future. They are going to be a force in the NFC.