Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pats Fans giving Ravens, Flacco and our "toughness" a lot of credit

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-...me-thread.html

If you have a second, guys and gals, check out this thread on the NE board with a bunch of post-game thoughts from Patriot fans. A lot of the Pats fans I happen to know personally can be douches about it, but these posters shocked me.

A ton of credit being given to Flacco for outplaying Brady and to our defense for blanking a prolific offense. Some people even noting, accurately, that Brady needs to start "running like a man" and that he hasn't been clutch in a long time.

Refreshing!
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

2. Re: Pats Fans giving Ravens, Flacco and our "toughness" a lot of credit

I like this one. Way to represent Ravens fans!!

"1. What was the crowd cheering toward the end? It sounded like I was watching a futbol game."

Blog Entries

Re: Pats Fans giving Ravens, Flacco and our "toughness" a lot of credit

He's outplayed Brady the past 4 times I believe.

There's some good articles on that Boston Hearld site! A great way to win! The media must eat crow! Even Brady can't deny they got beat.

Thanks for the link, B.

My favorite quote from the Pats fans talking about the Ravens on that thread: ..."it's too bad Cam Cameron wasn't still running their O. Without Talib, that was our only hope."

Surprisingly a lot of props given to the Ravens but even more surprising is the hating on Welker. Welker is still a baller but he's dropped passes in the most critical times.

The other biggest complaint I saw on that board is the perception that the Pats are "soft" and have been for several years. Lots of truth to that.

There was a little bit of credit given to the Ravens on that thread but not that much. Altho it was pretty funny that some want to get rid of Bellicheat, Brady and Welker, I feel i just wasted 5 minutes of my life reading it.
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Pats play in a soft division and have had that luxury for years. Obvious that extra inside info has not been comiing to them since spygate. bradys stats are a direct result of padding in games against weak division rivals.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

How in the wide world of sports could ANYBODY complain about Welker's body of work? Yeah, the guy dropped a pass, but IMHO, there's a difference between Welker's miscue and, for example, Evans' last year.

Some Pats fans maybe, but a buddy of mine told me last night that he thinks this game "was rigged," and there was "no way the top offense in the league, by far, would only put up 13 points on an old defense like this." He believes that the NFL is fixing games ever since Ray Lewis returned, but what he and some of the sore loser Pats fans don't realize, is that the Ravens got healthier at the end of the season regaining players such as Lewis, Pollard, Ellerbe, Suggs, and Yanda. Those 5 players make a huge difference in the way the Ravens play.
    As far as "old" defense, they average age is 29 years old from the 11 starters with 4 being 30 or older.
    Last edited by palukaraven; 01-21-2013 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by palukaraven View Post
    Some Pats fans maybe, but a buddy of mine told me last night that he thinks this game "was rigged," and there was "no way the top offense in the league, by far, would only put up 13 points on an old defense like this." I believes that the NFL is fixing games ever since Ray Lewis returned, but what he and some of the sore loser Pats fans don't realize, is that the Ravens got healthier at the end of the season regaining players such as Lewis, Pollard, Ellerbe, Suggs, and Yanda. Those 5 players make a huge difference in the way the Ravens play.
    As far as "old" defense, they average age is 29 years old from the 11 starters with 4 being 30 or older.
    We got hot at the right time. Beating Manning and Brady on the road back to back......whoa.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by Andouille View Post
    "What was the crowd cheering toward the end? It sounded like I was watching a futbol game."
    Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    Thanks for the link, B.

My favorite quote from the Pats fans talking about the Ravens on that thread: ..."it's too bad Cam Cameron wasn't still running their O. Without Talib, that was our only hope."
    I saw both of these and liked them too!

(No problemo, trailhiker! )
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh