Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Mulitalo has possible torn Tricep

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    Not at all good -- but perhaps there is a silver lining if we can get some of the younger guys to show their stuff
    I hate to admit it, but this is exactly my line of thinking. It does suck because Multialo is a good guy and a likeable guy, but shit, would it kill us to try some new fucking guys on this horrid line? I know it's hard to make changes to the line - or to ANYTHING - when you're 4-0. But an injury is sadly the only way we're going to have a real chance to see what these other guys are made of, and whether they can improve the current state of our line. Sad, but true.

Quote Originally Posted by HDDream View Post
    I don't think Terry's close to being ready (not sure he'll ever be) and as far as your question about Chester, he could definitely do worse than Flynn and probably Vincent as well, and that's not to say that I think either are top notch players. I just don't think he's physically ready yet. He nees this year in the weight room.

I couldn't disagree more concerning Terry. When Terry was filling in at LT, he has done a very good job. I believe he is ready, however the more likely replacement at LG will be Jason Brown. This could b good, because it could probably help smooth the transition of Jason to our starting center position for next year. Brown could probably also open up holes for our running game on the left side.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

If this means Brown coming into the lineup then I'm not too worried, all I and anyone here really has to go on is his one career start at Denver last year where he started at right guard and I thought he did a perfectly good job there in fact I thought he did very well indeed for a first start.

As for Terry needing a year in the weight room, he's had a year in the weight room already and yeah he could do with more work on his power game. But his blocking technique is perfectly fine and whenever he's come in he hasn't been a weakness, he is our future at left tackle and that is in no way a bad thing. His technique in pass blocking is bordering on excellent (evidenced by how well he played Osi Umenyiora in the opening pre-season game this year and other spot appearances) he is severely lacking leg drive and power in the run game but he's working on that and in games is just positioning himself very well in the run game when he gets a chance, just manoeuvering his man out of the play not driving him backwards as Ogden would.

If Terry were to be forced to start at LT due to an injury to Ogden then I would not be unduly worried.

Watching him leave the field yesterday you could tell it wasn't good

Man somehow I hope it's not.

Blog Entries

Mule was on the KMS show this morning and said he's getting an MRI done today, but he said it definitley felt like a tear. At the least, it sounds like he's out this week, and my gut is saying he's done for the year.

This is Brown's chance to step it up. Also, I hope we look for a FA OL to bring in.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

I heard Mule on 98 rock as wll this morning. Listening to him he didn't sound optimistic.

One thing for sure: if it is a tear, he is done for the year.

An injury to one of the two offensive linemen pulling their own weight? Bad news. Hopefully our young guys are ready to step in.

It didn't look good when Big Ed went off the field. I've always liked him, & while his play the last 2 years have been below average, he worked hard this year, lost weight & put on muscle. Why is it we draft these loneman in the 2nd or 4th round, & they're "not ready". Other teams take UFA or late round draft choices & throw them out to play. Does anyone think the OL problems rest w/ the OL coach. Carpenter? He left Miami last year & with the same lineman, the sacks went down & rushing went up. It's not always the players, but the schemes the team is running that is the problem.

9. Re: Mulitalo has possible torn Tricep

Damn. It's official. He's out for the year.

Quote Originally Posted by PURPWALK View Post
    Damn. It's official. He's out for the year.
    Very bad news. We were already a little thin on the OL, and now we're down a starter.

Yes, surgery scheduled for tomorrow, hopefully Big Ed can return next year

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

I read on another board from Aaron Wilson that the Ravens will workout a couple of journeymen guards; one of them named Steve Edwards. Whomever is signed will be for the bench. Jason Brown will be the starter at LG.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!