Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: Ridley Fumble - Proof

Quote Originally Posted by CptJesus View Post
    http://postimage.org/image/brmt9zsv9/

Heres another frame. Hes still not down, and the ball is definitely not in his control.
    That's the one that shows it. His shin/knee dislodges the ball right before his body touches the ground. The refs had a clear look at it as did everybody else. Not much controversy here.

2. Re: Ridley Fumble - Proof

Quote Originally Posted by KbubbaK View Post
    Looks like he still has the ball to me.
    Look closely at his hand: notice how his fingers are fully extended?
    You can't hold the ball with your hand opened up like that.
    The ball also appears to have slipped back against his wrist--again impossible to hold a football when it's fat middle is up against your wrist.

It was a fumble--the official after the replay review announced that it had been confirmed, not just that the play stood as called.
    He's not going to say 'confirmed' unless he clearly saw that it was a fumble.

EDIT: this was in reference to the 1st picture:
    http://i.imgur.com/ePI1GKR.jpg
    Last edited by PerpetuallyBored74; 01-21-2013 at 01:48 PM.

Quick question. That hit could have been flagged, if it was would that negate the fumble? Just curious. I know that the runner lowered his head and all but with the refs being ticky tacky it could have gone either way. Jw

The man was completely unconscious before he hit the ground. Even if it looked like it was in his hand,it was not in his possession.

Quote Originally Posted by JCroUSAF View Post
    Quick question. That hit could have been flagged, if it was would that negate the fumble? Just curious. I know that the runner lowered his head and all but with the refs being ticky tacky it could have gone either way. Jw
    That hit was perfectly legal. I don't see any way that could have been flagged according to any rule.

That said, if the hit were flagged it would have negated the fumble for sure. Only a post-play foul like if someone decked a player around the scrum, etc, would have let the fumble recovery stand (and assessed the penalty yardage from the spot of the fumble recovery with us starting on offense 1st and 10).

No, it couldn't have been flagged. Those rules don't apply to runners.

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    Look closely at his hand: notice how his fingers are fully extended?
    You can't hold the ball with your hand opened up like that.
    The ball also appears to have slipped back against his wrist--again impossible to hold a football when it's fat middle is up against your wrist.

It was a fumble--the official after the replay review announced that it had been confirmed, not just that the play stood as called.
    He's not going to say 'confirmed' unless he clearly saw that it was a fumble.

EDIT: this was in reference to the 1st picture:
    http://i.imgur.com/ePI1GKR.jpg
    Yup, his fingers are clearly off of the ball, and butt is off of the ground.

Helmet to Helmet only applies to a defenseless receiver not a running back running with the ball

i definitely thought it was out, but was just much more concerned that he was ok. i hate to see players go rag doll. can't say i was thrilled with the officiating overall though. i love that QBs are allowed to kick defensive players now too. must be nice!

Quote Originally Posted by ctulb View Post
    Stevan Ridley (@StevanRidley) tweeted at 4:18 PM on Mon, Jan 21, 2013:
    @TorreySmithWR appreciate your prayers and concerns! Ya boy caught me.. can't lie lol, but good luck to you and the Ravens in the bowl!
    (https://twitter.com/StevanRidley/sta...92096885370880)

Glad he's okay
    Holy crap Stevan Ridley is like an albino cow. A Patriots play with some class.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis