Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: We finally got our SB 35 defense back

I'm just saying in this game they were, certainly not during the season but this game - yes. Brady had never lost in NE after leading at half time. Never. Not even that 2000 D would have shut NE down in 2d half.

If they continue we will shut down SF too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    I'm just saying in this game they were, certainly not during the season but this game - yes. Brady had never lost in NE after leading at half time. Never. Not even that 2000 D would have shut NE down in 2d half.

If they continue we will shut down SF too.
    In this hypothetical scenario i think not only does the 2000 defense shut them out in similar fashion they probably score a TD. That defense is the greatest of all time. This one has played well as of late but i dont think anybody is comparing them to the 85 bears, 2000 ravens, or 2003 bucs.
    -JAB

Didn't you hear that our defense was going to be winded from playing so many snaps for two weeks?

We were also pretty close to holding them TD-less (the miscommunication on Welkers TD happened on 3rd and goal, though they might have gone for it on fourth) which would have been cool. Now I'm just being greedy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantoom View Post
    Didn't you hear that our defense was going to be winded from playing so many snaps for two weeks?

We were also pretty close to holding them TD-less (the miscommunication on Welkers TD happened on 3rd and goal, though they might have gone for it on fourth) which would have been cool. Now I'm just being greedy.
    Yeah what happened with that? I thought this defense was old and gassed from playing so much?

My favorite thing about this Super Bowl matchup is that Kaepernick just got done playing two BAD NFC defenses - Green Bay and Atlanta. He has NO IDEA what is in store for him - a real AFC North DEFENSE.

Oh... did I mention we're coming off a bye week? With two weeks for our hungry plays to study film?

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Yeah what happened with that? I thought this defense was old and gassed from playing so much?
    I think these guys are feeding off snaps played at this point. Once a juggernaut gets rolling, oh my it get's ugly!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    I think these guys are feeding off snaps played at this point. Once a juggernaut gets rolling, oh my it get's ugly!
    Yeah I was being sarcastic. These guys are like sharks that smelled blood.

Talking head on WEEI, Boston sports radio, just said, "Patriots were playing scared" at the end of the first half.

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    I agree. There will be talk of how Kaepernick presents new problems, and they'll talk about the game with RGIII(and totally miss that RGIII beat us with his arm, not his legs - and well, Kirk Cousin's arm, lol), but the truth is this was a much better matchup for the Ravens than Atlanta was. SF is stout on D, but they got carved up through the air by Ryan today. I also don't see the pistol/read option working nearly that well against a good defense.
    Let's just stipulate that anybody that we would have faced in the Super Bowl in 2 weeks would have been elite. That's why they're in the Super Bowl, they ran through and beat the best teams in the NFC.

Blog Entries

HRF:

Just like the Giants played scared in first half of SB 35.

That's all I'm saying.

Yes, that 2000 D set records but for 1 game and especially 1 half, this D was just like em.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 01-21-2013 at 11:00 AM.

Even Simms and Nantz said that when the Pats got a reception the Ravens made them pay. This defense definitely has it's swagger back.:hammer:

The defense has played much, much better and this gives me a lot of confidence going into the next game. Clearly Pees has gotten acclimated to calling the schemes from the booth. Must be sweet redemption for him outcoaching his former employer.
    I'm just proud and amazed at what this team has done in the playoffs, hold Indy to 9 pts, give up only 21 offensive points to Peyton in Denver, 13 to Brady in NE and nothing in the second half.