Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

We finally got our SB 35 defense back

That game, especially the second half reminded me of our SB 35
    swarming smothering defense and to think Webb was out. Mc Phee was reading
    Brady's eyes and timing his jump. Reminded me of when Starks read the QBs
    eyes and intercepted the ball and ran it for a TD to ice the game.

HARBs peaked it at the right time.

As Simms said afterwards, I can't believe NE only scored 13 points, only 13 pts. ILMAO

They were just warming up for SF-lol.

Can't wait.

Re: We finally got our SB 35 defense back

I don't think the sporting world has any idea of how good this team is. Hell, I know I didn't.

Yeah this team is peaking at the right time. I have been a Harbs critic and a critic of the team in general this year. I felt they were underachieving and it seems like they got the message and made the changes to go on this great run!

Wildcard - held the Colts out of the endzone, limiting them to 3 FG's
    Divisional - held Peyton and crew to 21 offensive points in almost 80 minutes of gametime
    Conference - held Brady and co. to 13 - the lowest they had all year was 18

Joe's beasting, the defense is peaking, and we're hitting our stride as a team.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bpmurr View Post
    Yeah this team is peaking at the right time. I have been a Harbs critic and a critic of the team in general this year. I felt they were underachieving and it seems like they got the message and made the changes to go on this great run!
    Hey man, don't feel bad.

I always called HARBs the new Eagles.

WEll, there's one more hurdle to um hurdle but this defense will do it for him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    I don't think the sporting world has any idea of how good this team is. Hell, I know I didn't.
    I've been saying for the last 5 years we're better on paper than anyone. Ozzie has
    given HARBs so much talent, like walking into a gold mine.

Better than PIss, NE - anyone but it was always a couple of dropped balls and a FG miss with 11 secs to the SB that kept us out.

Now they're doing it on the field and will in NO.

SF just doesn't match up to us on paper.

You know during the 1st half I was happy Ray Rice scored the Pats matched us too easy I was bit worried but when the Pats only got a FG right before the half, the game I thought of was the home game vs the Colts when all they got was 5 FG's. I felt pretty good about what Harbs said at half. The difference is that this year's Ravens teams has real offensive threats all over the field. Now we are starting to see those threats. The defense might be better then it has been all year minus L. Webb. Mcphee was a beast last year but he was hurt a lot but he made a huge difference. I agree Alien I don't think people realize how good the team is.

Blog Entries

That's another thing speaking of injuries to McPhee and Webb and of course Suggs and
    Ray were out so much never playing on the same field together until the end of the season and get this.

Ravens are the first team to go to the SB after losing 4 of 5 of their last regular season
    games. Now that's talent and with half the defense in the hospital the entire year
    and we still got to the SB.

Fox even mentioned this to Denver fans that 3 players were out when we won the last
    time and they will all be back. It will be a different game.

Amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    SF just doesn't match up to us on paper.
    I agree. There will be talk of how Kaepernick presents new problems, and they'll talk about the game with RGIII(and totally miss that RGIII beat us with his arm, not his legs - and well, Kirk Cousin's arm, lol), but the truth is this was a much better matchup for the Ravens than Atlanta was. SF is stout on D, but they got carved up through the air by Ryan today. I also don't see the pistol/read option working nearly that well against a good defense.

Blog Entries

AMEN BRO.

I did not want Atlanta not with all those gun slingers on offense.

Remember that last time we played them down there and near the end of the game
    Roddy White mugged our CB, knocked him down, caught the ball and scored.

The ref was right there and said he didn't see a thing. That's what they mean by
    home field advantage but Bellicheat needed more than a rigged score board today. ILMAO.

Blog Entries

The similarity you saw with he SB35 defense was that this defense is now winning on pure intimidation, just like in 2000. The NE offense didn't want to play anymore at the end. They were all limping by the end. They were literally beat into submission, the way that I can only remember the 2000 D do.

If K. tries to run on this D in the SB, it will be a big mistake on his part.

Blog Entries

Exactly.

Hell, the NY defense didn't want to play in the beginning of SB 35-lol.

I remember Ray walking off the field after the first series vs NY telling
    Jack Del Rio the linebackers coach that the game was over.

Del Rio was shocked. Ray knew that they just gave up after the first series.

The funny thing and I shouldn't mention this but their #1 draft choice Ron Dyane
    didn't do a damn thing. He was the guy I wanted over Jamal Lewis-lol. I even
    lost a pack of beer on a bet but I was right. I said Jamal was injury proned
    and he went down the first week of camp in 01 and cost us a repeat but that's
    a diff story.