Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Flacco is the man! Flacco is elite!

I could care less what the talking heads call him.
    All Joe does is win.
    I only care that we get to call him our QB.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

People either grade QB's by their stats or by their wins. Flacco has had great personal stats and, more importantly, is the reason we've three games.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    I think part of his reputation issue is that he is really very humble and comes across as sort of a simplistic guy. Kind of a country boy tossing TD passes. He lacks the marketing image of the other big QBs.
    Well, that ... and also the complete opposite of that, haha. It's two other things, too: 1) His numbers aren't the gaudy Madden stuff you see from the Peytons and Bradys who feast on regular season defenses (then fall apart in the postseason). 2) He is loudly confident in his own abilities. Put those two things together and you have a lot of people eager to shoot him down.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

All he does is win PO games

Home AND on the road...

Just remember what happens after the Super Bowl, you gotta pay the man. If I remember correctly before the season even started, he wanted big $$$, what do you think he wants now?

Attachment 1353

I knew one day i would be able to use this.

Hahaha.

Idiot.

Blog Entries

hahah FUCK THE STEELERS

I don't give a s**t if he is elite. Whatever he is, he's our boy, and this run in legendary.

9. Re: Flacco is the man! Flacco is elite!

Generally, when a QB develops into an elite QB, he does it in his 5th season, usually when he's 27/28 years old.
    Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers*, Montana, Elway, Fouts**, Kelly*** even arguably Marino**** all developed into elites at that point in their careers and/or at that age.

Guess what season this is for Flacco?
    Or how old he is? :celery

*Rodgers was only 26 in his 5th season.
    **Fouts developed into one at 28, but that was his 7th season.
    ***Kelly was 30 in his 5th season--got a late start to his career (was already 26 as a rookie)
    ***Marino had a huge rookie season, but then tailed off until his 5th season where he rebounded and put up elite stats season after season.
    Btw, Marino never did come close to matching or surpassing his numbers from his record-setting rookie season.

If you consider Rivers, McNabb and Culpepper to have been elite at one time in their careers, then they also fit the profile: each did it around the 5/27 mark of their careers.
    Last edited by PerpetuallyBored74; 01-21-2013 at 01:22 PM.