Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 52

Thread: Pitta Love

  1. #31

    Re: Pitta Love



    Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Still waiting for - and frosted about - the flag that should have been thrown on the play before his TD catch. Clearly a PF that should have been called. And, clear as day.

    Oh well, glad he didn't get knocked out of the game, so he could come back and make them pay.
    I'm still wondering how he got right back up and lined up on the next play.




  2. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    7,256

    Re: Pitta Love

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Does anyone think that Pitta could end up being as good as Heap?
    He surpasses Heap in some ways already in my estimation.

    As I've already said I think he's at least proven himself AS clutch. He's faster and more athletic too. Probably not as good of a blocker yet, though.

    But that said, it's hard to quantify the bond between a QB and his favorite, most trusted receiver. Pitta is clearly that for Joe and they will grow here together for a long time.




  3. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Pitta Love

    We might not be going to NO w/o PItta's 3rd and 13 catch in Denver last week. This article says it might have saved the game.



    http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/sports/...imore.html.csp




  4. #34

    Re: Pitta Love

    It's hard to compare Heap and Pitta given the different roles they've had. Heap was in an offense where he was the go-to receiver. Pitta is a perfect foil to Boldin and Smith.

    It'll be interesting to see Pitta's role evolve, especially if for some reason Boldin doesn't remain with the team next year.




  5. #35

    Re: Pitta Love

    Quote Originally Posted by sopranocorleone View Post
    It's hard to compare Heap and Pitta given the different roles they've had. Heap was in an offense where he was the go-to receiver. Pitta is a perfect foil to Boldin and Smith.

    It'll be interesting to see Pitta's role evolve, especially if for some reason Boldin doesn't remain with the team next year.
    It will be sweet for Flacco to have all three next year. We are seeing a receiving core that Flacco has played with for several years. Very important that they are growing on one another. The Qb ability to know how his receiver is going to act is paying off greatly.




  6. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Pitta Love

    Quote Originally Posted by sopranocorleone View Post
    It's hard to compare Heap and Pitta given the different roles they've had. Heap was in an offense where he was the go-to receiver. Pitta is a perfect foil to Boldin and Smith.

    It'll be interesting to see Pitta's role evolve, especially if for some reason Boldin doesn't remain with the team next year.
    Heap's weakness was his lack of yards after the catch. I think Pitta has more w/o looking it up. Heap was injured too
    and took time to heal.

    Boller done killed his back with behind the back throws across the middle.




  7. #37

    Re: Pitta Love

    Seems like forever ago when people argued that dickson was better...
    -JAB




  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Detroit Michigan
    Posts
    1,908
    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Seems like forever ago when people argued that dickson was better...
    Who's Dickson....?
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

    –Eleanor Roosevelt




  9. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Pitta Love

    Dickson made a great play vs Piss for a TD his rookie year with TP trailing him across the field and into the end zone.
    That was when we let Heap and Mason go and got younger and faster with Dickson and Torrey and PItta.

    Then he had the drops. He missed one yesterday in the first half that hit off his hands.




  10. #40

    Re: Pitta Love

    Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Still waiting for - and frosted about - the flag that should have been thrown on the play before his TD catch. Clearly a PF that should have been called. And, clear as day.

    Oh well, glad he didn't get knocked out of the game, so he could come back and make them pay.
    That made me so pissed off, then having to listen to Phil Simms saying it was a legal hit, of course we know who Simms and Nantz were rooting for all *** **** game!!! That said it was an awesome game by the Ravens and I couldn't be more happy, seeing the Ravens shut out the Cheaters in the 2nd half and holding them to 13pts was ******* Great!!!!




  11. #41

    Re: Pitta Love

    Dickson needs to buy a JUGS machine and practice with it.
    All.
    The.
    Time.

    Imagine a TE duo of Pitta and a good-hands Dickson.
    Gronk and Hernandez would have some serious competition (at least as receivers because both Pitta and Dickson need to improve their blocking).




  12. #42

    Re: Pitta Love

    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Dickson made a great play vs Piss for a TD his rookie year with TP trailing him across the field and into the end zone.
    That was when we let Heap and Mason go and got younger and faster with Dickson and Torrey and PItta.

    Then he had the drops. He missed one yesterday in the first half that hit off his hands.
    This was last year in the season opener. His big play in his rookie year came against the Saints on a TE screen type play against a big blitz. He caught a 5 yard pass and turned it into a 42 yard TD, trucking one guy in the process.




  13. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,853
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Seems like forever ago when people argued that dickson was better...
    I can honestly say that I was always on the Pitta train. I watched several of his games in college and was stoked when we drafted him.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  14. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,853
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post

    This was last year in the season opener. His big play in his rookie year came against the Saints on a TE screen type play against a big blitz. He caught a 5 yard pass and turned it into a 42 yard TD, trucking one guy in the process.
    Seems like he can make the tough catches, but the routine catches are the plays he screws up.

    That's why I think his issues are more mental than anything, which is worse because sometimes you can fix inconsistent hands, but fixing mental issues is very difficult and often not worth the effort.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  15. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pikesville
    Posts
    4,268
    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Seems like forever ago when people argued that dickson was better...
    Preseason I was on the Dickson side of the argument. Prior to this year he had been more productive. But he was also given more chances.

    Once Pitta's connection to Flacco evolved, the coaches wisely switched the lineup and gave those chances to Pitta and he took great advantage of them.

    Clearly Pitta is now the better option, but it wasn't as cut and dry as that as recently the 2012 training camp.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland