Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pitta Love

Blog Entries

Re: Pitta Love

Exactly, man.

Makes you sick. Simms also said I can't believe NE only scored 13 pts, only 13 pts. ilmao

They're gonna be worse when we beat SF so get used to it -lol.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 01-21-2013 at 02:16 AM.

I loved Pitta at BYU. Saw some tape and knew he was our guy. On these forums and others, I've ridden his @ss just like I've ridden Joe's...it was great to see him step up tonight!

In fact, just after he got rocked tonight, I said to two brawds sitting next to me, "watch that tough Morman SOB come right back and get this touchdown at the goal post!"

The only thing that surprised me was that I called the wrong pattern.
    Love me some Dennis.

Blog Entries

Federal Express

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    Federal Express
    I think it's American Express (He's everywhere you want to be, don't leave home without him).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Still waiting for - and frosted about - the flag that should have been thrown on the play before his TD catch. Clearly a PF that should have been called. And, clear as day.

Oh well, glad he didn't get knocked out of the game, so he could come back and make them pay.

I was really raging about that when it happened. The refs didn't hesitate to penalize us for lesser hits, but on this one, Pitta's head snapped back and it was clearly a blow to the head. Not a peep out of them.

Do you guys really think it was a blow to the head? I'm not trying to sound like I'm picking a fight here but that one was pretty obviously a shoulder to shoulder type hit. Reminds me of the one I think Earl Thomas put on Davis later in the season that got incorrectly flagged. The other two hits called against the Ravens were pretty clearly helmet to helmet although I think the one Ray Lewis got flagged for could have gone either way considering how much time had passed

Quote Originally Posted by Gronkey Kong View Post
    Do you guys really think it was a blow to the head? I'm not trying to sound like I'm picking a fight here but that one was pretty obviously a shoulder to shoulder type hit. Reminds me of the one I think Earl Thomas put on Davis later in the season that got incorrectly flagged. The other two hits called against the Ravens were pretty clearly helmet to helmet although I think the one Ray Lewis got flagged for could have gone either way considering how much time had passed
    If you look at the last replay (the one they play after the TD, as they're going to commercial), it is VERY clear that Mayo caught Pitta under the chin with his left shoulder, snapping Pitta's head back hard.

NFL rules clearly state you cannot make forceful contact with any part of the defender's body to the head OR NECK AREA of a defenseless receiver.

No doubt it should have been a PF penalty.

Blog Entries

I just saw Pitta's catch again on the 5. Man, what a hit. Gronk would have been ruined on that hit.

PItta had big TD too while Gronk watched injured from side lines.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 01-21-2013 at 07:21 AM.

Pitta is just so consistent.

I think he can be huge against the Niners.
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Still waiting for - and frosted about - the flag that should have been thrown on the play before his TD catch. Clearly a PF that should have been called. And, clear as day.

Oh well, glad he didn't get knocked out of the game, so he could come back and make them pay.
    THISx100

At this point...any hard hit by a Ravens defender...whether it is helmet-to-helmet, or if the receiver is "defenseless" or not...any hard hit is drawing a flag. Had it been a Raven making that type of hit on Pitta, I have no doubt that a flag would have been thrown 10 out of 10 times.

Some of their reputation for illegal hits is earned (Pollard, stop launching yourself)..but it's gone way overboard now.

Dennis Pitta = Todd Heap 2.0? The guy has made a believer out of me. Pitta and Boldin have been absolutely clutch this post season.

Quote Originally Posted by sopranocorleone View Post
    Seriously. I was appalled that Nantz/Simms said it was a clean hit.
    Initially, they seemed surprised that it wasn't flagged. They kind of hesitated about what to say--almost as if they had someone in their earpiece telling them "Since the refs didn't throw the flag, we need you to cover for them. Quick! Call it a clean hit, and don't explain why."

That play seems to confirm my suspicion that as long as you wrap your arms around the receiver, it won't matter if there's helmet to helmet contact/impact. The refs are only calling it on big hits where there's no attempt made at a tackle.

And hell yeah, Pitta is awesome!

I think Pitta is even clutcher than Heap. Now, I loved me some Heap, but he always seemed to fall flat in the playoffs (that big catch against the Titans in Joe/Harbs/Rice's rookie year aside). I most vividly remember the fumble against Indy in the 2006-07 playoffs. That seems very ... un-Pitta-like? #furiouslyknocksonwood

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gronkey Kong View Post
    Defensless Receiver. Period. I was in your stadium and every Pats fans around us, who I was bsing with all night, all said that if that was Pollard and the Ravens it would've been a flag.

Personally I LOVE hits like that and it SHOULDN'T be a penalty. But if your gonna call it, than call it every time.

Blog Entries

Does anyone think that Pitta could end up being as good as Heap?